Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for East Village

East Village Profile Photo
Member Name: East Village
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.VillageDogworks.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shut down until June 7  Apr 8 2020, 01:53:36 PM
I’m dubious we’ll see any shows return in June — or any new shows in the fall. Producers need tourists returning to the city. Trump may try opening the rest of the country next month but NYC is going to be under much stricter guidelines for a long time (perhaps until there is a vaccine.)

West Side Story  Feb 14 2020, 04:02:14 PM

Put me in the camp that was floored by this revival. I’d suggest getting tickets now because I expect the reviews for this are going to be over the top for both Ivo van Hove’s production as well as Issac Powell’s thoroughly original take on the character. (His is the performance of the year.)

It’s not you’re typical WSS. As you’ve heard, the balcony & old choreography are gone — and most of the love story is qui

Helen Shaw takes down both BOM and Hamilton on Vulture  Dec 18 2019, 02:30:32 PM
So New York Magazine now sends a college student out to write theater reviews. Not interested

How old is too old to send fanmail?  Dec 17 2019, 06:22:23 PM
Kathryn Gallagher rocks — yes, send!

Jagged Little Pill - Reviews  Dec 17 2019, 05:27:02 PM

I loved everything about this show however I found it odd that few reviews (if any) focus on the fact that this is a rock musical. And this is most definitely a rock musical — the silliest of all theatrical genres. I expect a rock musical to have a large, unwieldy cast, edgey (or sometimes dopey) dancing, along with every social issue and the kitchen sink thrown in.

I also found this cast to be joyous, dramatic, disturbing, gorgeous and full of incre

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit SF Cabaret ONO  Aug 30 2019, 11:45:51 PM
I saw last nights performance too. My impression was they have to turn up Aaron’s microphone to match Olivo’s

Ticketmaster & $75 fee  Jun 10 2019, 02:36:16 PM

I looked closer at the mouse type and it says “verified resale ticket” — and that’s for any performance in the orchestra this week. Then after I purchased, they asked me if i’d like to try reselling. WTF — so they’re just encouraging scalping?

Ticketmaster & $75 fee  Jun 10 2019, 02:11:21 PM
What is this $75 fee Ticketmaster is tacking onto Hadestown tickets? Its not like they are a re-seller. I checked other shows to see if they were charging that and they werent . ive never seen such a fee from the primary ticketing agent

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 20 2019, 04:40:38 PM

Original CHICAGO (critics panned it)

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and Arthur Laurents’ revival of WEST SIDE STORY  (there seemed to be little love)

And I might have been high but I really enjoyed BE MORE CHILL

Michael Jackson musical...new documentary  Mar 5 2019, 05:32:14 PM
Michael Jackson was a serial rapist of children.

The story is out now. Complete with the Oprah Winfrey interview.

The Michael Jackson brand is dead .

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Mar 4 2019, 12:16:29 AM
Just saying. I’m almost 60. I never heard the hype around the show. I discovered the music a week ago and saw the broadway performance this Saturday. I had an out of body experience. It was a perfect performance.

I don’t think this will be a hit. I think it will be a historic hit! These actors and these songs will be remembered forever.

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Mar 2 2019, 07:17:46 PM

I only felt this kind of pulse outside a theater twice in recent years; Spring Awakening & Hamilton

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Mar 2 2019, 05:18:33 PM
The crowd is still going insane outside and the show let out a 1/2 hour ago. This is a mega hit

Bad Theater Behavior  Feb 6 2019, 05:38:58 PM
Yes, I understand that the seats are small but that doesn’t mean you can use me as an armrest

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Reviews  Dec 14 2018, 11:56:49 AM
It was some of the loudest scenery changes I’ve ever heard — assumed it was intentional

THE WAVERLY GALLERY (2018) Previews  Oct 3 2018, 06:43:40 PM
I enjoyed the direction and the transitions

HEAD OVER HEELS Previews  Jul 21 2018, 05:10:33 PM

Saw this Thursday night. It seems a lot snappier with the trims at just about 2 hours. Unfortunately they still haven’t figured out the finale/curtain call. The audience didn’t know whether to applaud or clap along. It seemed just as painful and confusing for the cast who looked like they weren’t sure whether the audience wanted them to bow or perform another song. The reveal of the band is unnecessary, confusing and goes on way to long. I heard lots of q

HELLO DOLLY Closing to Make Way for THE PROM?  Nov 2 2017, 06:43:58 PM

According to telecharge it’s “coming to a Shubert Theater to be announced”

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 20 2016, 10:27:36 PM

I thought Ivy Levin was the best as the usherette -- and surprised how much I liked Victoria Justice's voice 

Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 12:15:25 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "Technically, it was a jaw dropper, but the audience was weirdly used....All the corny jokes and meta ha-has were screaming for a laugh track."

I agree. No one seems to have figured out how to direct the book part of these live musicals. Jokes fall flat -- or the actors don't seem to know when they're delivering them. Actors don't seem to connect with one another. I don't fault the actors. They just ar

You must log in to view off-topic posts.