Profile for BWAY Baby2

Member Name: BWAY Baby2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is April Too Soon?  Jun 28 2020, 04:07:27 PM

Of course- none of us know- and we all hope not-, but I, for one, am not so sure. Yes, I have my MM ticket for April 14- and also bought two for June- and am hopeful that I will want to get on a plane and fly to NYC from Atlanta. But, with the virus out of control- vaccines a maybe- and when they do arrive- the testing- the amount of coverage, the side affects- all need to be monitored. Anyway, although I am hopeful- I do not count out the possibility that this will go on and on...like that T

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  Jun 23 2020, 01:31:25 PM

As much as I would love to see Jackman in The Music Man- I bet that it will not happen. BWAY might not reopen for another year. I have tickets for April, 2021- but if there is no vaccine approved and widely used by then, a big BWAY production is not gonna happen- and tourists are not flocking tot he city to see it. I guess it will all depend on how much Jackman wants to do this. My guess is a movie is a lot safer and easier to do.

Phase 3- Broadway Reopens?  Jun 20 2020, 03:24:37 PM

I live in Atlanta- so I am not super aware of the phases of opening in NY. I see that Phase 2 begins on Monday- Phase 3 is the last phase in the reopening process- which, I guess, includes reopening BWAY. It is still June- anyone think BWAY might reopen before Spring- and I am hoping for my April, 2021 Music Man tickets- and I will buy more shows if BWAY is running- is gonna happen. No one knows the future- but with Phase 2 starting Monday- I am getting ready for the next and final phase.&nbs

Am I Racist for Liking  Jun 16 2020, 04:04:51 PM

NO.

The Moment You Became A BWAY Fan  Jun 14 2020, 01:51:49 PM

For me, as an 11 year old, seeing Bye, Bye Birdie at Westbury Music Theater on Long Island- the Telephone Song came on- all these teenagers on ladders - singing and talking about dating-  and I was hooked from there- I could not believe how great that song was- and to this day, remember the thrill of that moment.

We need Caroline or Change right now.  Jun 11 2020, 01:52:40 PM

Written by old white folks? That is exactly the type of talk we do not need now- how about stating an opinion without maligning other races? I find racism- whenever I see it- repugnant- and I do not believe that the tone of the post was innocent and just stating the fact- let's not forget that White Christmas was written by a Jew- and that makes no difference- if people truly want justice- this race war crap has to stop!

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 03:57:38 PM

I qualify as an older theatergoer- since I have been going to BWAY shows ever since I was 12 years old- back in 1965. I saw many musicals, Funny Girl, Flora The Red Menace, Skyscraper, The Apple Tree, Mame, Sweet Charity, Chicago- with Liza, Roar Of The Greasepaint...and so many others- and a few topical comedies- The Impossible Years was my fave- lots of drama- The Price, The Great White Hope, The Prime Of Miss Brodie...and on and on... and still see many shows now- Hamilton, Moulin Rouge, I

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Jun 7 2020, 12:21:58 PM

Moulin Rouge- loved it!!

Liza Minnelli’s New Orleans Concert on Amazon  Jun 6 2020, 11:41:37 AM

Love Liza-have seen her in concert many, many times- and on BWAY many times- including Chicago- I never cared for Liza With A Z- the music just never grabbed me- but the dancing was great- love this concert. 

Liza announces "Liza With A Z" now streaming.  Jun 3 2020, 11:58:56 PM

Love Liza- but never really liked most of the songs she sings here.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 3 2020, 12:06:17 AM

Spielberg is a master director- it probably will be fantastic,

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 28 2020, 05:57:22 PM

Things are getting back to normal- theme parks are opening- water parks are opening- beaches, even movie theaters have announced opening dates here in Atlanta. My hunch is that all seats will be sold- masks will be required- and people will sit in their assigned seat and not move around much. If things are not out of control health-wise during Fall- people will flock back to the theater- I think.  BWAY productions cannot make enough money to socially distance seats- but BWAY will be back

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 05:49:46 PM

Dustin Hoffman and Barbra- would be a smash.

Broadway Open in January??  May 27 2020, 12:19:57 PM

I think a lot of us know that a widespread resurgence of the virus could make opening BWAY much more problematic. I guess we will all have to wait and see. I am hoping for sometime early in 2021- with face masks required- and sold at the door for those who do not bring them. If the infection rate is way down- and all of this social distancing does work-then I think it is very feasible to open- and those who want to avoid theater and crowds will do so- and those of us who are willing to take a

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 25 2020, 08:33:01 PM

I am thinking March, 2021 for previews and April for actual performance- MM, Plaza Suite, maybe Moulin Rouge-  and a few dithers- very few shows will start up at first, I bet- but in time, BWAY will be back- slowly but surely- but this is if there is not a big resurgence of the virus in the fall and winter months. If that happens in a big way- which we all hope does not happen- all bets are off. 

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 25 2020, 12:37:38 PM

I also hate Trump and Trumpism- which will compared and contrasted with McCarthyism as a blight on American politics and society in general- but I also am very wary of fanatics on all sides of the spectrum. kennedy_rose does not understand that the fanaticism of-- my way or no way --has no place in a free society and is actually anti- democratic and very destructive in so many ways. I say to kennedy- fine if you want to ban everyone who has a different view from yours-- but for me, I hope the

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 24 2020, 02:57:01 PM

Everyone has informed opinions- and particularly in this case- each person has to decide for themselves what risks they are willing or not willing to make. I cannot wait to see Music Man- really looking forward to it and the trip to NYC- when things begin to open up and feel safe again. Personally, I do not care who Jackman's friends are- and I am aware that- as always- the rich do okay doing most crises- and lower income people- as always- are hit the hardest. That is the way it is

CONFIRMED: FUNNY GIRL REVIVAL SHUT DOWN  May 24 2020, 12:18:17 PM

I will buy two front row seats if Barbra stars in this her big comeback and bookend to her performance 56 years ago- actually, she looks quite young these days- and will be very believable in the role. Can't wait. I hard Brolin might be Nicky. 

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 23 2020, 11:40:47 AM

Why did you post that again? We all read it the first time. It is an arrogant and holier than thou post- but obviously you stand by it- so- so be it.

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening - "Not Until There's a F***cking Vaccine"  May 22 2020, 09:10:20 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Let's not forget the news from yesterday- surface transmission much less a risk than previously thought- and make cut the risk down to 75 per cent if you wear one- and with temperature checks at the door- I would definitely see a show when the time is right- and go on an airplane if it seems safe- I bet Spring 2021 will see the opening of many shows- vaccine or not."

Do you really think they'd do temperature checks at the door? What if p

You must log in to view off-topic posts.