Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Jshan05

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Member Name: Jshan05
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Encores Will Present INTO THE WOODS  Nov 18 2020, 04:01:51 PM

OMG I am so excited about this. I'll definitely be making a trip to NYC for this. Love to dreamcast this!

The Witch-Audra McDonald (love that idea beyond words) OR Stephanie J Block OR Beth Leavel

The Baker-Danny Burstein

The Baker's Wife-Katrina Lenk

Cinderella-Annaleigh Ashford

Wolf/Cinderella's Prince- Jonathan Groff

Rapunzel-Phillipa Soo

Rapunzel's Prince-Steven Pasquale (how cute would it be

Audra McDonald in CAROUSEL  Nov 16 2020, 03:48:09 PM

While I didn't get to see her live in Carousel, I saw the filmed production at the lincoln center library and have rewatched it on youtube a couple of times. She is a genius and deserved all the praise and awards she was given. Truly a wonderful performance!

Kelli, Brian, and Treat  Nov 6 2020, 07:56:07 PM

Kelli just posted a picture on IG of her and Brian in masks with the caption "Who IS that masked man?!? Oh how I love to be back at work with this guy, albeit in a mask, but tested and careful"

"She is Risen" All-Female JCS EP  Sep 19 2020, 04:24:03 AM

Has anyone listened to Volume II that dropped on Friday? I've been loving it!

Live With Carnegie Hall: Audra McDonald  Aug 3 2020, 04:33:23 PM

One of the best concerts and/or interviews I've seen during quarantine. Absolutely thrilling.

Carousel 2018 Cast Recording  Jul 8 2020, 11:26:24 PM

I've listened to this for Renee Fleming many times in the last couple of years. It's one of my favorite scores, but I don't love Jessie as Julie Jordan, especially when I am so accustomed to the Kelli O' Hara Lincoln Center concert (on dvd and I think PBS is re-airing it soon...) Joshua Henry sounds incredible as does Alexander Gemignani. Lindsay Mendez gave a brilliant performance when I saw it the couple times live, but I don't love her strict-soprano in general(But I do

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 7 2020, 04:13:55 PM

Maybe Dickon in that Secret Garden revival they've been trying to revive for the last handful of years now! He sounded pretty good on Winter's On The Wing if I remember correctly. Or maybe he wouldn't want to do a non-leading role after the success he's found with DEH.

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?  Jul 7 2020, 02:38:25 PM

I agree about the Next To Normal/Alice Ripley issues. I watched the streaming of the TheatreWorks N2N production and I was so much more moved by Christiane Noll's voice. The score sounded so much different.

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?  Jul 6 2020, 12:02:58 PM

I think I remember reading an interview with Alex Brightman saying that School of Rock really f***ed up his vocal chords, even so much that he had to cut back the number of shows he could do weekly AND his upper range being extremely affected from there on out. 

Kelli O'Hara in a new musical  Jun 13 2020, 03:58:03 PM

I'm assuming this is going to be an adaptation of the old Jack Lemmon film? Very interesting choice and I am always here for new Kelli O'Hara material, especially by Guettel. 

Who are your Kings and Queen of Broadway?  Jun 11 2020, 09:47:20 PM

Queen: Audra McDonald

King: Stephen Sondheim

Princess: Annaleigh Ashford

Prince: Gavin Creel

Streaming PETER PAN LIVE!  Jun 4 2020, 06:11:12 PM

I will say though that I could listen to Kelli O'Hara sing Tender Shepherd every day for the rest of time. Besides that it's a HARD pass for me to revisit this production.

Next To Normal Streaming Tonight?  May 30 2020, 03:41:59 PM

Performance livestreams during the outbreak  Mar 16 2020, 02:08:35 PM

Shoshana Bean is going to be livestreaming her concert tomorrow night that was initially going to be at The Standard. The ticket is only $15 but there are only a few left from what it looks like. I'm so excited!

Waitress Rush Tickets  May 10 2019, 12:42:07 PM

Hoping to rush on Sunday and just wanted to see what time people recommend! Thanks in advance

Jeremy Jordan Coming Back to Broadway?  Jul 1 2018, 05:26:48 PM
What about one of the brothers in Secret Garden?

Band's Visit Rush  Jun 6 2018, 04:23:15 PM

Great to know. What time did you show up?

Band's Visit Rush  Jun 6 2018, 11:18:22 AM

Bumping this to hear how rush has been recently. Any updates would be great-thank you!

Tonys Advice  Jun 6 2018, 10:55:05 AM

I am also attending them this year as a first timer. From what most people have told me, you only really NEED to be in a tux if you're in the orchestra. I'm up in the nosebleeds so I'm just planning on wearing a suit.

Help: Broadway songs for Wedding  May 24 2018, 11:54:52 AM

'You Matter To Me' from Waitress would be a good one!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.