Profile for GlindatheGood22

GlindatheGood22 Profile Photo
Member Name: GlindatheGood22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Let me at those sons of bitches.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

B'way closed thru 1/3 now  Jun 29 2020, 11:20:13 AM

This is the first time I've actually been hopeful a reopening might be possible at the appointed date. January would be an ideal time to try out whatever safety measures are deemed necessary, since there are so few people in town.

Those Who Saw the 2004 Assassins...  Jun 11 2020, 05:56:47 PM

jacobtsf said: "The part that sticks with me still was in “Gun Song”. Dennis O’Hare sings “first of all when you’ve a gun...” and he points his weapon right at the face of an audience member in one of the first rows. There is dead silence, it feels like an eternity goes by, and then this smile slowly creeps across his face and he sings “everybody pays attention”. It showed how, despite how entertaining the performances were, this was st

Those Who Saw the 2004 Assassins...  Jun 10 2020, 05:14:41 PM

Here's a link of Becky Ann and Denis on Theater Talk. They address talkbacks, audience walkouts,etc.

As I said, I didn't see the production live, but one of the things I love about the recording is that it includes Byck's second monologue ("The woods are burnin', Dick...". I actually think Cantone does it wonderfu

What Broadway Play Do You Regret Not Seeing?  Jun 10 2020, 12:52:33 PM

Most of my regrets are from the early-to-mid oughts, when I was too young to see shows by myself - Doubt, Grey Gardens, the Assassins revival. That said, I regret missing the Lange Long Day's Journey. As for what the pandemic ruined, I was really looking forward to Dana H and doubt it'll be back once this mess is over.

Those Who Saw the 2004 Assassins...  Jun 10 2020, 12:43:50 PM

What do you remember? Since we've been in quarantine it's become my "if I had a time machine" production. I saw the 2017 City Center staging and wasn't crazy about it, but I wasn't as familiar with the show then. 

I've seen That Video, but I wish I could have seen it live, particularly for Denis O'Hare and Becky Ann Baker's performances.

2020 Tony Awards Poll  Jun 7 2020, 01:18:16 PM

It's interesting to think about how many of these wins would remain the same had everything been able to open as planned. I think Danny Burstein and Mary Louise Parker probably would have won anyway, unless Laurie Metcalf won for Virginia Woolf.

Your Bucket List  Jun 6 2020, 11:36:10 AM

- get back to Sleep No More

- hug my grandma and tiny cousins

- hope the Caroline revival still happens!

An a cappella 11 o'clock number?  Jun 6 2020, 09:12:03 AM

Both Once and Ghost Quartet have incredibly moving choral pieces towards the end of the show - "Gold [Reprise]" and "Prayer" respectively. Can't think of any solos, though.

Favorite Tony Performances - 2020 Thread  Jun 5 2020, 08:39:40 AM

So many! I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, but these are the two that come to mind now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYV5bNMZVo

2007, original production of Spring Awakening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A06-8IWjFSE

2013, Matilda

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  May 31 2020, 03:05:36 PM

Per the Public's FB:

"The deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and Breonna Taylor have demonstr

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 24 2020, 12:56:22 PM

In summer 2014 we were promised a Best Little Whorehouse in Texas revival. Nothing. Still mad.

Shows You've Discovered (or Rediscovered) While in Quarantine  May 20 2020, 02:04:34 PM

Just for fun and grading/cleaning accompaniment, I've gotten into Heathers. But since Brian Stokes Mitchell's brilliant performance of The Flag Song during Sondheim's birthday concert, I've rekindled my love for Assassins. I think, when it comes to it, it's my favorite Sondheim. (His too, I think? I seem to remember him saying something in "Sondheim on Sondheim" along the lines of, "My most perfect show is Assassins..."

Really hoping the CSC prod

Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre Facing Closure  May 20 2020, 02:01:07 PM

Much as I love Donmar, it's harder for me to imagine the world without the Globe. Obviously it's had quite a few tune-ups over the centuries, but it's quite literally survived plagues before...

Best Broadway song ever?  May 16 2020, 10:45:33 AM

My answer to this is always the same: Ol' Man River.

Next To Normal Streaming Tonight?  May 10 2020, 05:26:15 PM

I certainly wouldn't mind paying to see this production, but I was incredibly frustrated by how difficult it was to get tickets - I don't mean in terms of availability, I mean finding the f%$@ng link. Every time I tried, I just got bounced to the cast reunion. Maddening.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 27 2020, 12:46:39 PM

I saw:

• Christiane Noll
  • Josh Lamon
  • Greg Hildreth
  • Erika Hennigsen & Kyle Selig
  • Rob McLure
  • Barbara Walsh
  • Mandy Gonzalez
  • Kate Baldwin
  • Judy Kay
  • Margo Seibert
  • Renee Rapp
  • Jeanna DeWaal
  • Tony Yazbeck
  • Jessica Phillips

Of course there were more, but I'm not as up on current names and faces as I was in my younger and more vulnerable days...

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:47:47 PM

To quote Rose Gellman, "Oh brother, this is embarrassing..."

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 23 2020, 12:19:51 PM

Lord Farquhard

IN THE HEIGHTS Summer 2021  Apr 21 2020, 07:18:12 PM

imeldasturn said: "It looks like they're pushing it as a summer movie rather than a bigawards contender, as the trailer itself does."

That was my thought as well.

Brian Dennehy Has Passed Away  Apr 21 2020, 09:04:06 AM

A bit tangential, but does anyone have the recording of his Salesman? I know one exists, since my high school teacher showed us the VHS when we covered the play, but I haven't been able to find any options online. It was, as others have observed, utterly brilliant - superior to the 2012 revival, though that one too starred a now- departed legend.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.