Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for MichelleCraig

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
Member Name: MichelleCraig
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 17 2020, 01:50:19 PM

Jacobsnchz14, here's to hoping someone at Jay see's your rendering. It is really fantastic! It's certainly not too late to change.

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 05:15:01 PM

Really looking forward to Aaron's acceptance speech. So many possibilities!

WEST SIDE STORY film delayed by a full year  Sep 25 2020, 11:32:13 PM

BwayLB wrote: I normally wouldn’t be game for IMAX unless a portion was shot with IMAX cameras, but maybe.

From what I am finding, the film was shot with 35mm film using Panavision Panaflex Millennium Cameras with Panavision T-Series lenses. For the purpose of the film being shown digitally upon its release, the digital intermediate has been mastered in 4K. This is good as many of the most recent films are mastered in 2K which is the picture quality you get on your

Perfection  Sep 10 2020, 03:01:00 PM

I would agree with PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES. It is so joyous that I find it almost always can wring a tear out of me.

If You Could Cast Judy Garland In a Broadway Show?  Sep 8 2020, 04:08:50 PM

Mark Waltz wrote: To be a bit more obscure, I could see her as Leona in "Do I Hear a Waltz".

I think this is one of the best suggestions here. I know we don't have to suggest a show that would've been produced in her lifetime, but DO I HEAR A WALTZ? was produced when Garland was 42.

Had she been insurable or dependable (for a Broadway run) at the time, Leona's musical numbers would've been perfect for her...and she would've acted the part i

Aug 31 2020, 01:56:46 PM

For those wanting a "taste" of this book before paying $28 for it, there's a hefty chunk of text available for reading on the Amazon site. This includes a table of contents so you're able to see which shows are covered...

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  Aug 9 2020, 01:48:03 PM

Dollypop wrote: The preview period for TITANIC was definitely infamous.

I've been a Titanic buff since 4th grade when I read Walter Lord's book, A NIGHT TO REMEMBER.

I went to an early preview of the musical and it truly was awful! I felt especially bad as Walter Lord...in a wheelchair and, I believe, with an oxygen tank, was in the audience that night.

I took a chance and went back to the show shortly after it had opened and loved it. I couldn't beli

Apple Music vs Spotify for Broadway  Aug 7 2020, 02:28:25 PM

I use Amazon Music HD now. Unlike Apple Music (256 kbps) or Spotify (320 kbps), tracks on Amazon Music HD are, at a minimum, CD quality (1,411 kbps, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz). They also have millions of tracks in high resolution sound (9,216 kbps, up to 24 bit, 192 kHz). 

HAMILTON, DEAR EVAN HANSEN and many more cast recordings are presented in High Resolution which has far better sound than CDs. There's even a High Resolution version of 1959s THE SOUND OF MUSIC which was remaste

The King and I 1996  Aug 6 2020, 08:20:10 PM

As a student, I'd seen Yul Brynner and Constance Towers in the 1977 Broadway revival. 19 years later, I saw the production with Lou Diamond Phillips and Donna Murphy and the cast album has been a favorite of mine ever since. I sometimes listen to the Brynner 1977 cast recording as I love how well the album was produced (Thomas Z. Shepard). I'm not a big fan of the most recent recording, but there's nothing really wrong with it; just my opinion

The thing I remember abou

Musicals due for a revival  Aug 5 2020, 11:26:06 PM

I'd love to see a revival of KING OF HEARTS...with the magnificent Santo Loquasto sets I saw when it was in previews in Boston. I still think it's a shame it opened in the midst of a newspaper strike. Only 54 performances, including previews, in the winter of 1978.

I still love listening to the recording, but I was perhaps too young to gauge its merits, or lack of, back then. I just know it's always stayed with me.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this board e

Passion  Jul 29 2020, 10:32:38 PM

I remember seeing it on Broadway while it was in previews. At the performance I attended, there were people heckling it and a good number of them walked out and did not return. It was rather uncomfortable to sit through because you could literally feel the tension in the house. I enjoyed and admired it at the time, but the friend I attended with hated it. He still comments about it to this day. Very recently, a production in Pasadena, CA had to be canceled due to COVID19 and he forwarded the

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jul 28 2020, 02:12:26 PM

That clip had some vintage cars in the background so it appears it will be set somewhere between 1957 and 1961. 

Excited to see this!

Just realized I was responding to a clip that was posted in March...

Do you think the ùPhantom film should have been made earlier?  Jul 25 2020, 05:45:20 PM

Princeton2 wrote: I really disagree with the comment that Evita is awful, to me it's the best ALW movie adaptation and one of the best movie musicals of the last 30+ years. I'm no Madonna fan but I thought she nailed the role.

I totally agree...and I've never been a Madonna fan. I remember going to The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles for the premiere. The Blu-ray is pretty great to watch and crank up the volume, too.

Gender swapped Tell Me On A Sunday  Jul 25 2020, 05:31:25 PM

CATSNYrevival wrote: Can anyone confirm "Unexpected Song" is actually cut from the current licensed version and it's not just missing from the song list on the website?

I can't imagine that number being cut...

Great Price For Theater Book  Jul 25 2020, 05:27:20 PM

Downloadable on Amazon for Kindle or the free Kindle App...

George Rose in My Fair Lady  Jul 25 2020, 05:17:01 PM

There was a cast album of this production on Columbia. It's streamable...

Will COVID End The Broadway Chorus?  Jul 22 2020, 11:22:20 PM

Exactly, Hogan...

What Are The Greatest Casts You’ve Ever Seen?  Jul 14 2020, 02:28:52 PM

All ORIGINAL Broadway Casts, not revivals:

FOLLIES

RAGTIME

INTO THE WOODS

DREAMGIRLS

SWEENEY TODD

LA CAGE AUX FOLLES

I would've mentioned HAMILTON, but I saw it on Disney+, not live.

Plays that would work particularly well on zoom?  Jul 7 2020, 10:38:16 PM

I love Jarethan's and Dollypop's suggestions. Small, intimate shows.

4th of July poll: Favorite American History Theater That's NOT Hamilton?  Jul 7 2020, 12:25:18 AM

I love 1776; just watched the director's cut on Blu-ray the other night. I wanted to put SHENANDOAH into the mix, too.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.