Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Markie27

Markie27 Profile Photo
Member Name: Markie27
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Three Sisters at NYTW  Feb 28 2020, 01:43:44 AM

Does anybody know when they would release the tickets to the general public?  I don’t see anything from the site.

And I too am so excited to see Emily Davis again - her performance for Is This A Room is still the best so far this season.

Best Songs of the Decade  Dec 30 2019, 04:39:27 PM

1. She Used To Be Mine (Waitress) 

2. With You (Ghost)

3. Telephone Wire (Fun Home)

4. Days and Days (Fun Home)

5. Hold Me In Your Heart (Kinky Boots)

6. Always Starting Over (If/Then)

7. It’s Quiet Uptown (Hamilton)

8. At Long Last (Bright Star)

9. Theme Song (The View Upstairs)

10. One Second and A Million Miles (Bridges of Madison County)

10 Favorite BROADWAY Performances of the Decade  Dec 11 2019, 10:16:28 PM

1. Audra McDonald (Lady Day at the Emerson’s Bar and Grill) - this is one of the few moments in my theater going experience where I was at awe from beginning to end.  She is truly one of the greatest broadway actresses of all time.  Like Jessie with Carole King, whom i will mention a little bit later, she didn’t just play the character - she became that character.  A truly mesmerizing performance.
  2. Jake Gyllenh

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Nov 26 2019, 10:14:13 PM

I have to separate the plays from the musicals.  And I haven’t watched Inheritance yet so my plays may change but I think my top 10 musicals are set in stone already.

MUSICALS

1. Sunday in the Park with George (2017 Revival)
  2. Fun Home
  3. Kinky Boots
  4. Once on this Island (2018 Revival)
  5. Into The Woods (2015 Fiasco Revival)
  6. Hamilton
  7. Falsettos (2016 Revival)
  8. Waitress
  9. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2014 Revival)
  10. <

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Oct 29 2019, 02:46:46 PM

Broadway61004 said: "Markie27 said: "Broadway61004 said: "Markie27 said: "I just can’t see (for now) that there is an underdog musical like Fun Home or Avenue Q that can beat out the juggernaut that is Moulin Rouge."

I'd hardly say that Moulin Rouge is a juggernaut, though. At the box office, perhaps, but critically it was very mixed and it seems that most of the audiences loving it aren't made up of your typical Tony vote

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Oct 29 2019, 12:45:42 PM
I did put that in consideration when predicting this early in the game. And I am very glad that this is happening at the Tonys right now where art wins over big budget productions. But like I said I am hesitant to put Girl in the front runner status because unlike these past great winners, with The Bands Visit, Fun Home, Hadestown - they are all original
Musicals. So I leaned towards Moulin Rouge, which is another jukebox musical but was also critical acclaimed in all of its designs and p

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Oct 29 2019, 12:19:10 PM

Broadway61004 said: "Markie27 said: "I just can’t see (for now) that there is an underdog musical like Fun Home or Avenue Q that can beat out the juggernaut that is Moulin Rouge."

I'd hardly say that Moulin Rouge is a juggernaut, though. At the box office, perhaps, but critically it was very mixed and it seems that most of the audiences loving it aren't made up of your typical Tony voters.

Not trying to discount your prediction o

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Oct 29 2019, 11:50:04 AM

Thank you call_me_jorge!  This is a way way too early predictions thread which obviously will change once every show is seen.  I’m just basing these winners on glowing reviews in the west end (a Christmas carol) and if the character is an award winning role (take me out). - obviously if Jesse f#cks this up then he won’t win the Tony (although I think he will do an excellent job).  

I am not saying that Moulin Rouge also is the best musical there is this seaso

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Oct 29 2019, 12:33:53 AM

BEST MUSICAL

MOULIN ROUGE 

Girl from North Country

Mrs. Doubfire

Tina

Six

BEST PLAY

THE INHERITANCE

The Lehman Trilogy

Slave Play

The Sound Inside

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/13/19  Oct 16 2019, 11:21:56 AM

I think Fun Home was the only musical that recouped that season.

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Jul 19 2019, 12:55:13 AM

I Wick3 said: "jaffanout said: "As for him being straight, I fail to see the issue when many of the rest of the people involved are not. It's not like they purposefully avoided hiring gay actors for the London production."

That's the irony. One would think given how many LGBT people are involved with this production, that casting an openly out gay actor (for the lead gay role) would be pivotal. I don't know the hiring process but it is intere

The Inheritance casting  Jun 10 2019, 10:42:36 AM

I know it is not required for actors to be gay in order to play these roles but being gay is an essential part of the story of The Inheritance.  I was just disappointed that the lead role of a very important play about LGBTQ community went to a straight actor.  Maybe he is bisexual?  He did win an Olivier and he had great reviews.  But I wish for a play about our LGBTQ history  would actually be played by predominantly gay actors specially the leads. I am ok abou

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY Previews  May 4 2019, 07:03:23 PM
If you're in Manhattan just drop by the Broadhurst Box Office and pay just $25 . I just bought mine for Wednesday the week before the opening and I got row D center mezz. I saved $11 on processing fees!

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY Previews  May 4 2019, 07:03:21 PM
If you're in Manhattan just drop by the Broadhurst Box Office and pay just $25 . I just bought mine for Wednesday the week before the opening and I got row D center mezz. I saved $11 on processing fees!

2019 Tony Award Nominations and Snubs  Apr 30 2019, 04:01:29 PM

Laurie Metcalfe has been nominated for an acting Tony award for four straight years (winning two)... Is that a record (For an acting award regardless if its musical or play, lead or featured)? (And she is sure to nab a fifth for Virginia Wolff next year!)

LEHMAN TRILOGY reviews  Apr 1 2019, 03:07:28 PM

CarmenA3 said: "Markie27 said: "Where is it located? Does the line start outside the building (the big doors entrance at park)? Or if is inside the building how early does Park Armory open? Thank you!"

The rush line is outside (so pay attention to the weather) just south (to the right) of the main doors on Park Ave. There's a sign as well that says "Rush Ticket Line Starts Here". The immediate area is residential - if you need a snack/drink

LEHMAN TRILOGY reviews  Mar 29 2019, 03:55:00 PM

CarmenA3 said: "FloydJoe2 said: "Has anyone rushed this and can report what time they arrived to secure tickets, if there were any?"

I think our posts crossed paths :)

Here's my experience... Irushed it on Monday 3/25 (I got there at 10:40a (for 12p rush sales)and was 4th in line, but as word-of-mouth grows, you'll want to get there earlier, especially on weekends).

The Armory has two long benches with a Rush Line Starts Her

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Mar 4 2019, 06:33:39 PM

Ever since Kiss Me Kate opened I haven’t read any buzz about Kelli’s performance being worthy of a Tony win.  Last year they say it was a two way race but now do you guys believe that Stephanie would be a lock for the win?  There are only 3 more musicals opening with Noblezada for Hadestown, Caruso for Beetlejuice and Cooper for Tootsie and I don’t think their roles are big enough to threaten Stephanie’s critically acclaimed performance. 

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 22 2019, 11:21:40 AM

Mike Barrett said: "I will be seeing the production next week with my boyfriend, but do people feel Cranston's performance is enough to push Network into "Best New play"?"

For a nomination? I would believe so.  But for a win definitely not.  It has to go thru The Ferryman and Mockingbird who are competing for that medallion.  It's still a two way race with Ink breathing in at 3rd spot.  So if Gary gets great to rave reviews I thi

Your Theatre Year In Review 2018  Dec 23 2018, 01:52:26 AM

How many shows have you seen this year? 65

Play you liked/loved the most?   Angels in America, Torch Song,  The Boys In The Band

Musical you liked/loved the most?   Oklahoma!

Show you liked least/hated most?   Skintight 

Show th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.