Profile for myk

Member Name: myk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Jan 19 2020, 02:55:02 PM

I have to wonder why people have their knickers in bunch over this casting. Stunt casting, not stunt casting, isn’t the important thing how good they are? Reba in Annie Get Your Gun was stunt casting and she was a revelation. We now have a Real housewife in Chicago... If you’re going to worry, there’s where I’d focus.

SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 25 2019, 01:44:28 PM

Aren't we past the idea of voicing opinions before actually seeing the production and if the concept works?

likelihood  Jan 4 2019, 02:56:36 PM

It looks like all that is left are the premium seats. If you can afford, it's a wonderful show.

Previews  Dec 19 2018, 11:26:12 AM

I saw it. It's not Shakespeare, but I was entertained. Yes it's corny and not really targeted to a NYC theater audience, but it was jolly and the voices were very good. Not everything on Broadway needs to be art and entertainment is so subjective. 

I just think it's a shame that so many posts on this board are about looking down on a show or seeing nothing but the faults. We've all been to shows that didn't succeed and that are misproduced... but as someone wit

Ben Platt  May 31 2017, 05:03:02 PM

Didn't it say in the NYT profile his contract expires in November?

Pacific Overtures  Mar 7 2017, 01:08:43 PM

That's the configuration that Peer Gynt (John Doyle direction) was staged. The 100 side (if that is the side when you enter the auditorium, closest to the door) is usually the "front" but I'm sure it will be staged so both sides get a great view... Peer was.

Pacific Overtures  Mar 7 2017, 08:58:07 AM

At CSC, when there is a stage, it is usually only a foot or so off the ground. Most shows are performed on the "floor." I've sat in the front row many times and because it's so intimate a space and you're right there with them, it takes on an almost environmental theater feel. It might not be for everyone, but I highly recommend sitting that close sometime. I saw both Allegro and Passion from the first row (side) and it was like "living" the performan

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Nov 5 2016, 09:05:28 PM

I saw it a few weeks ago and I know it was in because I thought she went a little fast on the read and because I know the show, it was fine, but if not, I could see where people might miss it.

Shuffle Along previews  Mar 16 2016, 09:04:24 AM

Just to put it out there, this WAS the first preview. I believe I must have seen Jelly's Last Jam (one of the most theatrically stunning shows) in previews because I remember there was a second female romantic interest that was dropped so the focus was on the Tonya Pinkins character. George is known for needing to see the production up and running so he can prune and focus. Let's be constructive and supportive and not eat our own. I'm sure they know they have work to be done

After Midnight rush  May 19 2014, 01:13:14 PM
Thanks so much, that's really helpful! Any other comments for mid-week wait times is appreciated.

After Midnight rush  May 19 2014, 06:55:01 AM
Can anyone tell me what time people have begun lining up for rush tickets in the morning? Thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.