Profile for qafgenius122

Member Name: qafgenius122
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 13 2020, 11:06:47 PM
I work on Broadway, but my show should be able to bounce back from this closure, assuming it only lasts the 30 days.. but in our speculation, many shows will be unable to reopen come April 12th, the loss in ticket sales, combined with the theater rents, and all the losses the industry receives (poor future sales, no word of mouth, etc) might just be too much for most shows to combat. And it all sucks. For everyone. Whether your show reopens or not. As an avid theatergoer, who is now unemployed f

No More Backstage Visits At Broadway Shows  Mar 6 2020, 06:50:19 PM

I can also confirm that this is the case, starting this Monday, 3/9, for 30 days. Yes, it is all due to coronavirus concerns. I work in a very large Bway house, and I received word today of this new policy

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 12 2020, 06:29:13 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Michelle chouraqui said: "I wonder if age has anything to do with reception of this musical? As the "younger" crowd around me were not enjoying themselves, while the 37 (my age) and older appeared to really enjoy themselves. Maybe the 20-early 30s crowd are too removed from the depression-era or maybe they are used to more polished, focused musicals."

Under-30 here! Does this show have anything to offer if I basically don&

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 12 2020, 06:21:18 PM

The final scene of Lucas Hnath's "The Thin Place" at Playwrights Horizons. It's a bit of a ghost story, so the gasp totally fell in line with what was trying to be accomplished. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Our protagonist tries to telepathically match words with an audience member (just like her grandmother used to do with h

Selling 1 Promenade ticket 7/11  Jul 10 2019, 03:25:14 PM
My friend has tech, and needs to sell her ticket. Apologies for the last minute nature of this. The ticket is 27.50, for tomorrow night Thursday 7/11. Front row center orchestra. Youll be attending with me, so we I can give you the ticket at the theater. PM me if youre interested.

Into the Woods tonight at Town Hall  Jul 9 2019, 02:04:27 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Ok yeah that was another thing - the audience. The house seemed to be filled with groups and other people who had no idea what they were there to see or even want to be there. All seats were filled and I don’t believe it had been selling well so my guess was that they papered a lot of it to what must be just random people, asking if they were hot and wanted to sit someplace with air conditioning. "

I can maybe answer this for you. I had w

John Cameron Mitchell ORIGIN OF LOVE Tour  Jun 29 2019, 10:10:01 AM

JSquared2 said: "It was Neil Patrick Harris—and he body surfed the crowd all the way to the back of the orchestra. "

Friday’s guest was not NPH. I was there. I can confirm this, but idk who he was. I couldn’t hear when they announced his name.

John Cameron Mitchell ORIGIN OF LOVE Tour  Jun 28 2019, 05:54:25 PM

Going Tonight! I am so excited!! Bookending my week at Town Hall, a venue I've been to maybe 2 other times in my whole life lol Not ready for the grizzly heat in there however

The Jason Robert Brown/Sondheim concert was a night I'll never forget, so I'm hoping that this evening can match it in some way. JCM is no Sondheim (in historical impact at least), but Im a big fan of his and Hedwig, so my excitement is at a peak. What a great way to start World Pride Weekend!!

Best off broadway on right now  Jun 24 2019, 10:25:33 AM
I want to second a bunch of the shows already listed here...
Fairview
A Strange Loop
Secret Life of Bees
In the Green
Something Clean (closes Sunday)
Octet (try standby, closes Sunday)
The Rolling Stone
We’re Only Alive for a Short Amount of Time

And finally I’d add Encores! Off Center lineup; Working, Promenade & Road Show

Girl From The North Country - Broadway  Jun 18 2019, 03:36:36 PM

I saw the Free First Preview at the Public knowing nothing of the show (minus some London buzz) and having not known a single Bob Dylan song (I ended up being familiar with a few after, but never knowing they were Bob Dylan songs)

I absolutely loved the show, and could not wait for a Bway transfer announcement. I loved the cast, and I need Mare Winningham, Colton Ryan, Sidney James Harcourt, & Marc Kudish to transfer with this no matter what! 

I also hope this means we

re: West Side Story [2009 Broadway Revival Cast - B&N Exclusive Version]  Jun 14 2019, 10:53:46 PM

I'm sure this is a long shot, but does anyone have the 5 bonus tracks from the 2009 Recording (The 3 Barnes & Noble bonus tracks, and the 2 iTunes bonus tracks) as an mp3, or zip file or anything?

I cannot find them on youtube, or reddit, I know I had the two english songs, but I cannot seem to find them in my music files...

2019 Tony Awards Performances  Jun 9 2019, 03:16:18 PM
I’m not sure which number Hadestown is doing, but I can confirm that Reeve, Eva, Amber, Andre And Patrick were all in full costume, so I’m thinking Way Down Hadestown. Tho it could be a Livin it Up on Too into Way Down medley....

Tony Awards Student Tickets  Jun 9 2019, 02:22:25 PM
Anyone selling a ticket? I’d pay for the pair if anyone has an extra they purchased. Basically subsidizing the entire cost for you....?!

Alice Ripley As Norma Desmond in "Sunset Boulevard"  Jun 3 2019, 07:02:24 PM

I have never traveled out of town for a show.. until this was announced. I knew last week that this was coming, but I didn't want to get too excited until it was official. Alice Ripley is probably my favorite theatre performer, and having hard her sing "As If We Never Said Goodbye" a few years ago at her 54 Below show with Emily Skinner, I knew there were two roles she needed to play, Norma and Rose (at her Sondheim solo show she sang Rose's Turn, google it, you won'

Into the Woods at Town Hall Pre-Sale  May 25 2019, 11:02:42 PM
Further bumping!!!

Cursed Child Year 2  Apr 24 2019, 11:43:39 AM
Just want to update, that it looks like as of today, Windowcards can now be purchased online. However, it looks like they need to bought separate from any other items, which I get, I’m sure they don’t want them getting damaged in shipment, being as fragile as they are. Spread the word, I bet a lot of ppl not local to NYC would love to know they can now buy one online,

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 15 2019, 06:40:09 PM
This is after the fact, but I think it’s important to note... Oklahoma! was up for this Wednesday afternoon’s matinee performance. I managed to snag a ticket. I don’t believe it was up very long. I haven’t seen it up in a while, so I was very happy to see it pop up, but it seems the show is doing well. It was sold out yesterday.

I Married an Angel @ Encores  Mar 26 2019, 03:39:55 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I'm still bummed The New Yorkers didn't get a cast album! Maybe this one will? Or High Button Shoes?"

Be Bummed no longer, Encores! will record The New Yorkers with the Original Encores! cast!

http://www.playbill.com/article/scarlett-strallen-tam-mutu-more-to-record-the-new-yorkers-encores-cast-recording

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night  Mar 25 2019, 11:18:20 AM
I’m so upset by this, and not just because I can’t go. (Thanks 2nd Stage) but I feel we’ve also been misled by 2nd Stage as well. First we heard that the shows wouldn’t use any original cast members, and now this show, the most anticipated one, is using the entire original cast. It’s really just rubbing salt in the wound.

If second stage had allowed non subscribers to be there tonight, I was first in line to buy tickets (literally) but to announce this the day of the concert.... it’s li

SELLING: Ticket to The B-Side 3/28  Mar 20 2019, 09:17:16 PM

Hey All,

Accidentally double booked myself next Thursday night, March 28th so I need to sell my ticket. 25 dollars. The B-Side "Negro Folklore From Texas State Prisons" is at St. Ann's Warehouse in Brooklyn. Show is at 8 and runs about 60 minutes

I'd really appreciate the help here, I meant to buy a ticket for a different date, but moved to quickly. Post here or DM me. I have Venmo, or can meet in Midtown, I work at the Lyric Theatre.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.