Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for CindersGolightly

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
Member Name: CindersGolightly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: SweetCharity.tumblr.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seeing Kate Baldwin in Concert Tonight  Sep 5 2020, 10:30:40 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm getting teary eyed just reading about the joy you got to experience tonight. I can't wait for the world to be safe for live performance again for everyone. I'm so glad you had such a glorious time.

Favorite Glinda?  Aug 30 2020, 07:06:53 PM

Brittney Johnson, Annaleigh Ashford, Megan Hilty, and Heléne Yorke are my top four. Truly groundbreaking in each of their portrayals.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Aug 25 2020, 01:18:25 AM

So, this probably means Beyoncé as Shug then, right?

Randy Rainbow  Aug 22 2020, 06:12:23 PM

uncageg said: "It's a conversation about a word that was used. I see no problem using it when discussing the use of the wordby someone else. Nobody here is using it in an offensive way."

Please apply that same logic to the n word and realize how misguided this reasoning could be. 

From my POV, it's easier and more respectful to everyone (especially the trans community) not to say a slur that was used. Slurs hold significant power and casually usin

Randy Rainbow  Aug 21 2020, 03:03:28 PM
Just popping in to say that all of you repeating the T slur (whether in defense of Rainbow or against him) are in the wrong as well. Unless you yourself are trans (I am not), you have no right to use or reclaim that word. Have a little respect. Also, once again, cancel culture does. not. exist. Everyone who believes it does is old as hell, apparently. Randy will become a NYT best seller when his book comes out, unfortunately. This isn't changing anything.

Anyway, BWW, what's good? Y'all

Randy Rainbow is a racist.  Aug 19 2020, 09:22:32 PM
Dolly80 said: "Wow his tweets are very disappointing, to put it mildly.

I absolutely don’t believe in cancel culture, and I hope he apologises and we can move on. It beggars belief he didn’t delete them years ago.
"

Y'all are free to move on, but the thousands of marginalized people's backs he built his racist career on probably wont be able to. Lmao. I for one am not ready to move on after his apology (that he still hasn't issued, despite d

Racist Rainbow  Aug 19 2020, 04:17:53 AM

qolbinau said: "The problem is like the ‘Barbara Streisand effect’ by actually acknowledging these tweets and apologising he risks bringing these to the attention of a wider audience, greater increasing the likelihood he is now going to never work again."

I know you want him to apologize (as said earlier in this message), so this isn't meant to be an attack on you of any kind, but I do want to say: if he's more worried about his career than the pe

Racist Rainbow  Aug 19 2020, 02:20:20 AM

"This doesn't offend me so it shouldn't offend you" is literally such a stupid argument. I don't care if any of y'all are still willing to blindly support this very unfunny man, but this behavior has gone unchecked long enough and I'm tired of white people (ESPECIALLY white, physically fit gay men) getting a free "racist past" pass. Randy Rainbow is 39. The eldest of these tweets were written when he was 29 and onward. If by 29 you don't understand

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 23 2020, 05:17:39 AM

candydog2 said: "Isn't Annaleigh Ashford a bit too pretty to be the girl who everyone says isn't pretty? Although I guess you could say that about Lauren Ambrose.

It would just be nice to give the role to someone who doesn't have traditional leading-lady looks, as that's exactly who the character is meant to be and sort of the whole point of the story, including Streisand's original casting in it.
"

I have never really considered Annalei

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 01:03:30 AM

Would LOVE to see Annaleigh Ashford or Micaela Diamond as Fanny. Both have everything the role needs, and more. 

Corbin Bleu could be a thrilling Eddie Ryan, too. And I think Santino would be a great choice for Nick. Could also see someone like Joshua Henry being a force in that role.

Unnecessary Revivals  May 25 2020, 08:21:44 PM

I don't think revivals have to be "necessary" - just like a musical adaption of The Band's Visit wasn't really necessary, but still very good. There's a lot more nuance to it than that, I think. There are plenty of obscure revivals I wish didn't happen because I can think of a list of people better suited for the roles in it. But I don't think that means said revivals I didn't like weren't necessary. Storytelling is n

The Devil Wears Prada  Dec 4 2019, 10:05:08 PM

Really, really, really hoping Heléne Yorke will continue on as Emily. As far as I'm concerned, that was the most inspired casting from reading, and it would be such a shame if she couldn't continue on. I smell big Tony love for that role - and specifically her performance, if she continues on.

Michelle Pfeiffer MUST Be Phyllis In The FOLLIES Film  Nov 16 2019, 03:54:09 AM
Would love Michelle Williams as Sally.

Not Nominated / Should Have Won  Oct 31 2019, 05:10:44 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "Elena Roger - Evita

Helene Yorke - Bullets Over Broadway

Benjamin Walker - American Psycho

Gideon Glick - Significant Other
"

We share a brain. Completely agree.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical to premiere in Chicago, summer 2020  Sep 17 2019, 11:25:57 AM
I’m rooting for the lab cast which, if the musical is anything like the movie, is pitch perfect in every way.

Would Hercules continue to broadway  Sep 2 2019, 12:58:56 AM

I'm less concerned with the possibility of a Broadway bow and more interested in seeing if this production receives a cast recording.

Jonathan Groff Alternate for Little Shop?  Aug 22 2019, 05:55:03 PM

BenjaminNicholas2 said: "Sure, gay guys are gonna drool to see him, but that doesn't make him a suitable Seymour."

That's maybe even the biggest reason why he's miscast. Gideon is cute as hell, don't get me wrong, but he's not a conventional choice for a typical leading man - which is what's so special about Seymour. Seymour is written for the fat, nerdy, balding, big featured, big voiced men who can give a leading performance but never get th

DIANA TO TRANSFER  Aug 12 2019, 03:38:53 PM

JSquared2 said: "CindersGolightly said: "What’s Erin Davie’s role like? Is there a potential nomination for her in this show? She’s so overdue for Tony recognition it’s insane."

How exactly is she "so overdue"?? She's been in 5 Broadway shows -- and 2 of those were as a replacement!
"

Every time she’s been on a Broadway stage she’s given an untouchable performance. The talk of the tow

DIANA TO TRANSFER  Aug 12 2019, 02:26:07 PM
What’s Erin Davie’s role like? Is there a potential nomination for her in this show? She’s so overdue for Tony recognition it’s insane.

The Devil Wears Prada  Jul 3 2019, 02:42:51 PM

Elton John has never chased stars. Schedules permitting, I fully believe this is intended to be the cast for Broadway.

(Heléne Yorke is coming for that Best Featured Actress in a Musical Tony. Know that, babies.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.