Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Elfuhbuh

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Member Name: Elfuhbuh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Do you think the ùPhantom film should have been made earlier?  Jul 30 2020, 04:30:38 PM
I feel like the movie’s biggest flaw was that they got the Phantom’s character all wrong, from his appearance, to his age, to the very way they presented the divide between his “Opera Ghost” persona and the deeper, more human moments around Christine. They just didn’t make it work at all, and I think that could’ve been a problem no matter when the movie was made. Hopefully they’ll try a remake someday.

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jul 30 2020, 04:09:49 PM

Cats is a fun, harmless show, and people who complain about it are taking it way too seriously.

Into the Woods has a pointlessly bleak message. Phantom 100% deserved Best Musical.

Ghost was a lot better than people gave it credit for. It was one of the few times I actually cried during a live performance.

Dance of the Vampires deserves another chance on Broadway.

Once was boring.

Catch Me If You Can deserved to be a hit.

Phantom to change to  Jul 30 2020, 03:10:54 PM
I mean, even in the original “permanent closure” statement, Mackintosh said they had plans to bring the show back. The restaged UK tour didn’t catch on the way the Les Mis restaging did, so it makes sense from a business perspective for him to just keep the original staging more or less intact. Mackintosh may be cheap, but he probably realizes that the restaged Phantom would close quickly in the West End, so it’s probably more worth it in the long run to continue paying royalties to the original

Phantom to change to  Jul 30 2020, 10:19:40 AM
Again, it’s possible they’ll be using the sets from the recent UK tour, and maybe making some adjustments to those based on the fact that this will be a permanent sit-down production. The relieving thing is that it doesn’t sound like they’ll be replacing the show full-on with the restaged version, so I guess that answers the question this thread originally posed.

Phantom to change to  Jul 29 2020, 03:23:55 PM
I mean do you have info coming from an inside source, or are you guessing?

Phantom to change to  Jul 29 2020, 02:20:29 PM
Do you have insider info?

Phantom to change to  Jul 29 2020, 02:15:56 PM
On second thought, the more I think about it, the more I think it’s possible that they also shut down the new UK tour because they’re planning on using that tour’s sets and costumes for some sort of revival of Phantom. From what I understand, that production was a replica while at the same time using cheaper set pieces, so it’s possible they plan on using all that new stuff they just had put together for the UK tour as the London production’s new equipment. What with the reports of them needing

Phantom to change to  Jul 29 2020, 10:04:41 AM
Cameron Mackintosh did say they have plans to bring it back, but since all the old set and costumes have already been loaded out, I have a sneaking suspicion they’re going to bring in that cheap “restaged” version if there ever is a revival.

Phantom to change to  Jul 28 2020, 04:46:11 PM
This is awful news. What’s even worse is that if they ever do a “revival,” it will probably be that garbage touring production. I’d rather they start from scratch and come up with something completely new in terms of staging, costumes, and directing if they ever want to bring it back, but I’m not holding my breath.

Favorite Christine Daae  Jul 21 2020, 11:11:34 PM
Jennifer Hope Wills is my favorite. She and Gary Mauer had electric chemistry.

Phantom to change to  Jul 21 2020, 02:35:26 PM
Well, if this is true, my already bad birthday has just gotten worse. Yay.

Most Likable Shows  Jul 19 2020, 01:32:40 AM
Phantom of the Opera is the most obvious one here.

Actors who revived their starring roles on Broadway?  Jul 17 2020, 01:29:14 AM
The 80’s weren’t as woke as people like to pretend. Minstrel shows were still popular in the 90’s, to add some perspective here.

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 6 2020, 02:52:55 PM

The truth people don’t seem to want to accept is that history is a lot more nuanced and complex than either side of the “debate” wants to let on. No, the Founding Fathers weren’t perfect and made some really bad decisions, but many of the ideals they fought for paved the way to freedoms we as Americans enjoy today. You can study historical policies and the lives of the FF while still acknowledging that they were flawed men, just as you can harshly criticize the bad thi

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?  Jul 6 2020, 02:44:51 PM
Sierra Boggess’ sniffle-breathing.

Best Cast of a movie musical ever, what's your favorite?  Jul 4 2020, 08:00:26 PM
Chicago’s cast was phenomenal.

Anyone else rewatching Glee?  Jun 27 2020, 04:35:26 PM
I thought it was Mr. Schue who planted the drugs?

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 14 2020, 09:38:23 PM
Phantom of the Opera. My grandma was taking me and my mom to NYC for vacation, and I begged for us to see Phantom for my birthday. They surprised me that night with tickets to the show, and we ended up seeing Spider-Man and Wicked that same trip, too. :)

Opinion on cats  Jun 14 2020, 09:34:35 PM
I shamelessly love it. The new movie was awful, but only because this isn’t the kind of show that translates well to the big screen.

Jeremy Jordan Reveals Family Tragedy  Jun 2 2020, 02:24:48 PM
That’s awful. I’ll pray for him and his family.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.