Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for SomeOtherMe

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
Member Name: SomeOtherMe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anne Hathaway in "Carnival" at Encores!  Jun 26 2020, 04:39:14 PM

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I did a search and didn't find anything.

Just came across this video of Anne Hathaway in an Encores! production of "Carnival" from years back and had no idea it had happened. I know people seem to be divided when it comes to Anne, but I've always thought she was wonderful. She really should do Broadway at some point.

Did anyone here see it or have any memories? How would we feel about her doing more theatre?<

Broadway Musicals that Deserve Film Adaptations or Remakes?  Jun 25 2020, 10:02:33 AM

I'd LOVE to see a gritty, more realistic film remake of RENT.

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  Jun 19 2020, 01:33:45 PM

RUkiddingme said: "I don't know Sutton Foster - but I do know she would pick a smash Broadwaymusical over a low rated cable tv show.

And i don't know Scott Rudin - but I know he could buy her out of her Younger contract with his spare change for laundry.
"

Yeah... That's not how it works. She can't just "choose" to leave Younger because she feels like it. I'm sure she's contractually obligated to make the sho

Kat McPhee Next Broadway Show?  Jun 19 2020, 11:14:45 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "If the Manhattan Concert Productions' Jekyll & Hyde happens next year, I would love to see her play Lucy."

I hadn't thought of that one but she would sure sound lovely singing that score. Her "Someone Like You" & "A New Life" would be fantastic, I'm sure.

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 4 2020, 07:49:55 AM

gypsy101 said: "Amber Rileyappeared in an interview on Instagram live with Danielle Young last night,she mentions it vaguely, mostly leaving criticism of Lea Michele to a minimum because she is currently a pregnant woman. "I am not going to say that Lea Michele's racist... she's also pregnant, everybody needs to kinda chill..." she goes on to say there was a lot of Hollywood culture / systemic racism going on on

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 10:39:23 PM

HenryTDobson said: "I think it's easier to excuse a child's behavior at the age of 12 because it's the whole "kids being kids" thing. Kids like this are just considered to be"brats."Not that it makes it right, but it's get more of the eye roll treatment, instead of 'we need to fire her immediately.' And she ain't dumb. As Elizabeth says, I'm sure she was a lovely little suck up when it came time to dealing with any of the "impo

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 09:32:38 PM

I don't get it, though. WHYYYYYY was she ever allowed to get away with such behavior?! It's not like her name was a box office draw. Why would she not have been fired?

I believe everything that's being said, but it just baffles me how an actress who had no power would be able to treat people this way and not lose her job.

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 2 2020, 07:34:01 PM

DAME said: "SomeOtherMe said: "Matt Doyle and Emma Hunton also tweeted shady responses lol.

WHO?

"

Look them up 😉

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 2 2020, 07:27:30 PM

Matt Doyle and Emma Hunton also tweeted shady responses lol.

And these are just the people who are willing to say something.

Lea Michele Is Not A Good Person  Jun 2 2020, 02:48:11 PM

Not making any excuses for Lea as I'm sure she's awful (friends of mine have their own horror stories), but doesn't at least a little bit of the blame belong to Ryan Murphy? I mean, it was his show. Would it not have theoretically been his responsibility to put a stop to Lea's on set behavior if it were creating a toxic work environment? The only way she could have had any power on set is if he allowed it. Especially considering

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 02:30:50 PM

Damn, so "The Inheritance" is just like... Officially closed now. Bummer they won't be able to have a proper closing performance.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/22/19  Dec 23 2019, 04:52:36 PM

On the other hand, they did just release a whole new block of tickets and I’d be surprised to see it not run at least until the Tonys.

Assuming they stay open until the Tony's, do we think that chances of them winning "Best Play" is high, though?

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 11 2019, 12:47:18 PM
I’m majorly excited for this movie but what is up with that poster? It’s atrocious...

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/1/19  Dec 3 2019, 02:58:49 PM

ajh said: "I wonder how long The Inheritance can go on with those figures. I loved it in London and am due to see it on Broadway at the end of next month. Beginning to wonder if it will still be playing."

I'd imagine that the producers are going to try hard to keep it open until the Tony's, though I don't know how realistic that is at this point.

Idina Menzel Wicked film  Dec 1 2019, 03:07:16 PM

"She was the best Penny I’ve seen. And her SNL hosting gig was phenomenal!"

lol

David Foster premieres song from upcoming  Nov 20 2019, 06:14:10 PM

Katharine posted the videothe PBS performance on her insta and Twitter. It’s pretty great <3

https://twitter.com/katharinemcphee/status/1196502554630348803?s=20
"

That performance is fantastic. I've always thought she was great but you can tell her voice has gotten even stronger since "Waitress".

THE INHERITANCE - Reviews  Nov 17 2019, 08:24:26 PM

If it gets unanimous raves, I'd imagine it will help the the show at the box office, but even so, I can't imagine it would all of a sudden become a huge, sellout hit. The show's subject matter, lack of stars and especially it's length make it a hard sell, regardless of how great it is. I did very much enjoy it though, so I'm hoping for the best.

David Foster premieres song from upcoming  Nov 17 2019, 03:09:30 PM

"Yeah.... yeah I looked this one up. "Say You Remember It" from aDavid Foster and Friends 2011 concert. Can we also talk about how this was SO long ago, he introduces Megan Hilty as and "up and comer.""

Oh wow, never saw that before. It's a very pretty song and Megan sounds fantastic! Does anyone know if they've ever done a workshop or even reading of the show?

David Foster premieres song from upcoming  Nov 16 2019, 01:05:15 PM

"Ahh okay thanks for confirming! Haha true, it does fit! Imagine singing this every night though on stage .... your voice would be wrecked!"

Yeah, this type of score would definitely be hard on a singer, assuming there are more songs like this in the show.

David Foster premieres song from upcoming  Nov 15 2019, 12:10:02 PM

WestEndGal said: "I agree about the lyrics making it less likely to be an 11 o’clock number, but I like it, and how it builds! It’s a bit cheesy but I’m all for a bit of MT cheese! And Katharine sounds so good, especially considering this is a live performance! From her insta she sang it at a PBS special so I’m guessing it’s from that?

Yeah, it's from his upcoming PBS special. And it's absolutely cheesy, but I mean... It IS B

You must log in to view off-topic posts.