Profile for pli1018

pli1018 Profile Photo
Member Name: pli1018
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cry Baby Cast Recording?  Sep 29 2015, 09:53:31 AM

It's pretty horrendous. I wasn't sure if it was just the Amazon version. Any time Elizabeth Stanley belts, which is frequently, the audio is completely distorted. There are also a few "imposter" moments, like at the beginning of "All in My Head" where it's obviously not Alli Mauzey voicing Lenora, or in "Nothing Bad" where the "sweatshirt in the lobby!" is obviously not Harriet Harris voicing Mrs. Vernon-Williams. I quite miss the Broad

Cry Baby Cast Recording?  Sep 25 2015, 02:41:04 PM

James Snyder through Colin Cunliffe are all original Broadway cast members. Everyone else is exclusive to this recording. It's a shame that the only missing featured performers, Tory Ross as Hatchetface and Lacey Kohl as Wanda, are not on here. Together with Carly Jibson's Pepper, they were quite the trio!

delete  May 20 2015, 01:13:46 PM

---

On The Twentieth Century Previews  Mar 5 2015, 03:50:44 PM
Interesting, re: Gallagher- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/peter-gallagher-olivia-thirlby-star-779501

Paper Mill Playhouse Reveals 2015-16 Season with Teaser Image!  Feb 13 2015, 01:48:52 PM
For what it's worth, the last image is of the Elephant House at the Bronx Zoo.

Freaky Friday Lab this Spring  Feb 4 2015, 03:36:55 PM
Looks like Disney is moving forward with Freaky Friday: the Musical, featuring a score from Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey.

http://www.playbill.com/jobs/job_detail/340944

Any buzz on who has been cast as the mother?

Idina to Star In TV Show Produce By Ellen  Jan 30 2015, 07:13:23 PM
"gleek-- I heard about that pilot! I think Norbert Leo Butz was also involved (and if he was, I believe he once mentioned filming a scene where cocaine was done off a "Wicked" script. I would also LOVE to see said pilot."

The pilot was called "The Miraculous Year" and was produced for HBO. It was written by John Logan, directed by Kathryn Bigelow and would feature music by Adam Guettel. The cast included Butz, LuPone, Sands, Susan Sarandon, Lee Pace, Frank Langella, Hope Davis, Eddie Re

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 25 2014, 09:08:17 PM
The Witch's backstory flashes are depicted in the Rap. The film opens with the sky and then the Baker's narration begins and we show up in the village.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 25 2014, 08:55:00 PM
Having seen the August screening and the final version on Sunday, there doesn't seem to be any differences. Streep, Blunt and Corden remain the highlights, The Wolf/I Know Things Now sequences don't work, the design stuns and the rest of the film is incredibly faithful to the original stage production. And Rapunzel's fate is just as effective.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 17 2014, 06:32:29 PM
^Those are industry screenings, they're not open to the public unless you have an affiliation with a guild or a film organization. The screening on the 11/22 with the cast is full. There are definitely a few other screenings with cast Q&As before Thanksgiving, but again, by affiliation only.

Disney will release 2-disc deluxe INTO THE WOODS soundtrack  Nov 10 2014, 08:52:10 AM
No More is not in the film. It has been replaced with a dialogue scene and underscoring of the song. While a beautiful song, think about how that would slow the finale of the film up.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Oct 31 2014, 09:53:37 AM
The use of CGI in terms of production design is refreshingly sparse. It really enhances the naturalistic qualities of the film and separates it from bombastic Disney greenscreen films like Alice in Wonderland and OZ. At the same time, the physical sets that were constructed are appropriately whimsical as need be. This is a major Best Art Direction competitor for sure.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Oct 23 2014, 01:45:59 PM
Wildcard is indeed right, the performance of "Stay With Me" is heartbreaking.

The only characters using English accents (if my memory serves me correctly) are the Baker, Bakers Wife, Jack and Jack's mother. Those who have also seen it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Oct 22 2014, 04:02:59 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20864974,00.html

More photos and clips from the full article.

They discuss how On the Steps of the Palace has new lyrics. Before y'all go batsh*t crazy again over this "change" it's just a tense change, the lyrics themselves are almost entirely the same.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Oct 22 2014, 01:25:25 PM
The Photoshop job here is atrocious. Oof.

The Wolf's costume matches the jazzy, almost big band orchestrations of "Hello, Little Girl" Folks were speculating based on the teaser that his costume would have more CG components, but, unless things changed, there are none.

Looking forward to everyone getting to see this, fingers crossed most of it stayed intact!

ITW Film: Characters Renamed to Disney Counterparts?  Sep 17 2014, 08:15:55 PM
This is beyond bizarre. At the August screening, there was no mention of these "Disney names" whatsoever in the film. Billy Magnussen's performance is nothing like Flynn Rider, nor is Christine Baranski's Stepmother anything like Lady Tremaine. This has to be some sort of mistake. Unless during reshoots they reshot EVERY SCENE INVOLVING these two characters, I have strong doubts. And yes, I see that it's on their official website.

Reminder: neither Rainbows nor a new song for the Witch

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Sep 16 2014, 05:27:13 PM
"Does anybody know why Johnny Depp's name is followed by his role in the movie? I'm curious. I thought that he was in the film, but all done up in CGI. I could be wrong though. Is he just voicing the role? "

No. He is physically in the film with minor CG-flourishes.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Sep 14 2014, 10:07:53 PM
^Don't get too invested in the screenplay's versions of those two songs.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Sep 4 2014, 07:36:07 AM
There were, as previously mentioned, three flashbacks in the screening I saw last month. We see short glimpses of the glamorous Witch during the rap, very quick flashes of Jack climbing up and down the beanstalk during Giants and, well, some truly bizarre flashbacks during I Know Things Know. Unfortunately, I don't think they've quite cracked that song/sequence just yet, which is one of the very few issues I had with the film in general.

Just to reiterate, neither "sanitized" nor "Dis

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Sep 2 2014, 09:15:21 PM
I'd say the version I saw was surprisingly close to the leaked draft. There are some deviations and minor cuts/changes from that draft, but in general, it has held up. If I recall correctly, most if not all of Lament was sung...but don't quote me. As a reminder though, I didn't see the film's final version, which is why I am hesitant to discuss too much of it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.