Profile for Larry6417

Member Name: Larry6417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 17 2020, 05:28:54 PM

Easy Peasy!

ZHIVAGO (La Jolla Playhouse)

TIME & AGAIN (Old Globe)

FALSETTOS (tour revival)

SOFT POWER (Ahmanson, LA)

BIG DEAL (Bway)

KING KONG (Bway)

SPIDERMAN TURN OFF THE DARK (Bway)

TALES OF THE CITY (Curran, SF)

LESTAT (Curran, SF)

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Bway)

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Old Globe)

HANDS ON A HARDBODY (Old Globe)

JERSEY BOYS (Bway)

LEAP OF FAITH (Ahmanson LA)

I know th

Spring 2020 Musicals  Oct 30 2019, 04:14:57 PM

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY AFTER HAVING SEEN THESE SHOWS...

SIX- IMO the best musical running in London right now, but at 75 minutes long with the 6 wives of Henry VIII as the subject matter is going to have a hard time on Broadway. This will NOT work in anything but the smallest Broadway house and this will be a tough sell.

ALMOST FAMOUS- Reviews aside this is just another mediocre musical from a well-loved film. I love Tom Kitt, b

What movie would you like to see adapted for Broadway?  Jun 13 2019, 02:24:48 PM

SpaceBee said: "As the title says really, which movie (animated or live action) would you like to see adapted for Broadway? Personally I'd love to see the Barbie Princess and the Pauper movie. I know it's a weird choice but I think it's got a solid soundtrack! Not sure how they'd manage the talking cats but y'know."

NONE.

THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage  May 13 2019, 04:05:20 PM

CT2NYC said: "The long-in development stage adaptation of Garry Marshall'sThe Flamingo Kidwillhave its world premiere at Hartford Stage from May 9, 2019 through June 9, 2019, and tickets are now on sale. The new musical features book &lyrics by Robert L. Freedman and music by Scott Frankel, and is directed by Darko Tresnjak.

Tickets start at $25, and are available here:

https://www.hartfordst

First show to post closing after nominations  Apr 30 2019, 04:58:04 PM

Hilarious that huckster K.D. is mentioned here!

givesmevoice said: "BMC is FINE because Jen Tepper says they don’t care that critics hate their show because they’re making ART they BELIEVE in.

"Oh well, in that case if Jen Tepper said it...  (excuse me while I vomit)."

"She's a former Ken Davenport intern, and let's say the apple doesn't fall very far...  "

"Any moment

First show to post closing after nominations  Apr 29 2019, 06:37:31 PM

BURN THIS, even if Adam Driver is nominated.

BE MORE CHILL.

Best Movie Theatres in LA?  Apr 18 2019, 06:50:43 PM

The Torgan Family operates the theater.

Quentin Tarantino owns the building.

R.I.P. Georgia Engel  Apr 15 2019, 08:29:11 PM

I had the pleasure to sit and chat with her about ten years ago. A lovely, sweet, caring, and talented person.

I saw her in My One and Only, but tonight her greatest episodes of the Mary Tyler Moore Show will be on my TV.

R.I.P. Georgia.

Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation  Apr 3 2019, 08:03:41 PM

There is no way to overstate the absolute perfect performance that Stockard Channing brought to Six Degrees of Separation. I saw it 3 times, and in my 40+ years of theatre going it still stands as the greatest performance by an actress on stage that I have ever had the pleasure to watch.

CURSED CHILD Reviews  Mar 22 2019, 06:25:24 PM

JAMES SNYDER IS GREAT!

Mar 22 2019, 06:07:28 PM

You sound like a lot of fun, Larry.

I am fun, and funny. I just don't agree that your ticket price should include a meet and greet and an autograph.

Name this musical  Mar 22 2019, 06:03:35 PM

Wait....are you REALLY Adam Tveit??!!??

LGBTQ+  Mar 22 2019, 06:00:09 PM

Fire her because of creative differences.

Assassins dream casting  Mar 22 2019, 05:57:58 PM

Please cast anyone, but Neil Patrick Harris! I do love him, but he cannot sing worth s***.

"Gary" Stage Door?  Mar 21 2019, 11:11:55 PM

Just applaud really loud and hard at the curtain call and leave Mr. Lane alone when he wants to go home.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD in San Francisco  Mar 13 2019, 07:23:10 PM

I didn't login to get my tickets until they had been on sale for almost 4 hours.

Wed Marathon in February ROW M on the aisle for $169 each play is a steal IMHO.

CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?  Mar 6 2019, 06:06:29 PM

"Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND touring, or is it a one-time deal at the Ahmanson?  If it is touring, why should it play the Taper"?

It should play the Taper because of the intimacy that space provides. The Ahmanson seats 2000 and is too large for this production. The mezzanine in the Ahmanson is so far from the stage, you'd think you were in the balcony. Unless you are on a very severe budget, Ahmanson balcony seats are NOT good.

"You might

CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?  Mar 5 2019, 04:52:12 PM

While I do not agree that CTG's customer service is bad, sans the nasty House Manger at the Ahmanson, I do agree that the new Ahmanson season is plain awful.

The inclusion of two one man shows that should be playing the Taper is ludicrous. I can understand LATIN HISTORY FOR MORONS as it's from Berkeley Rep and has a true stage star, but THE NEW ONE is mediocre at best, and had a very dubious move to Broadway, IMHO.

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND being as immersive as the NYC stagin

Network extends to June 8  Feb 20 2019, 02:30:07 PM

By June 8th there won't be any set left for Cranston to chew on.

SOFT POWER at the Public  Feb 6 2019, 05:41:17 PM

I too saw SOFT POWER in Los Angeles.

I will not review it here, but the creatives must have something great "up their sleeves" to get this show to work.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.