Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for IdinaBellFoster

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
Member Name: IdinaBellFoster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alan Menken is a  Jul 31 2020, 03:57:29 PM
The rules are all fake, but Whoopi’s Tony is a perfectly legitimately way to win and be included in her EGOT. She was a producer and there were 3 other shows that could’ve won. It’s a competitive Tony.

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Jul 30 2020, 11:10:31 PM
I screamed when I read this. These three women will be terrific. Something to look forward to!

Funny Girl Broadway HD Jittery??  Jul 29 2020, 02:25:46 PM
I tried to watch this the other night. I enjoyed the physical production enough, but Sheridan Smith simply cannot sing the score. I turned it off after she croaked through the end of “People”.

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 09:07:58 PM
Idina is VERY funny in concert. She typically plays roles that don’t allow for much humor, but she has great timing for sure.

Broadway performers who could hold a residency  Jul 19 2020, 03:21:50 PM
He did? HUGH JACKMAN: BACK ON BROADWAY ran for ten weeks back in 2011.

Eddie Perfect’s score to Beetlejuice issues  Jul 16 2020, 04:18:32 PM
Almost all of the score is garbage. There is, IMO, only one good song (Dead Mom).

Eric Schaeffer steps down from Signature Theatre (Virginia) amid sexual assault allegations  Jun 24 2020, 10:09:36 PM
Sounds like this was one of those terrible “open secrets”. Happy to see the first of many steps towards justice for the victims.

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 24 2020, 04:11:06 PM
I was able to snag some of the “cheap” seats back when they went on sale. A little annoying that I basically just had to spend another $200 because the date they selected for me doesn’t work.

Major first world problems, but still annoying.

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 24 2020, 12:37:18 PM
I agree with Jordan - Rudin will make this the grand return of Broadway.

My January 7th tickets have been moved to August 5th.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 17 2020, 12:19:33 AM
If MULAN is able to open in theatres, I imagine Disney will put a WEST SIDE STORY trailer before it.

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 2 2020, 10:40:39 PM
She’s had this coming for YEARS. I imagine more people will speak out whenever she issues her bullsh*t apology.

Notice how there are tweets covering almost EVERY high profile professional job she has had.

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  Jun 1 2020, 09:15:56 AM
It wasn’t sarcasm. Perhaps it was too much to say it was completely void of promotion, but no where did it list awkward song lyrics or try a major tie in. They reference their fans and the show itself, but then spend 99% of the posts on actual resources and issue based dialogue.

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  Jun 1 2020, 01:27:04 AM

SIX has the best response so far. Completely void of any awkward self promotion.

https://twitter.com/sixthemusical/status/1267182269267087361?s=21

REVIVE THE NORMAL HEART  May 28 2020, 11:51:28 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "The main hurdle is thatThe Normal Heartis a huge downer of a show (though I love it immensely). It's going to be a while before depressing plays can be made financially viable in any way."

True, but nothing a huge bankable star or two can’t fix.

REVIVE THE NORMAL HEART  May 28 2020, 12:12:49 AM
In his memorial post, Ryan Murphy mentioned that he had secured the rights to both THE NORMAL HEART, and THE DESTINY OF ME, with the intention to run them in rep on Broadway.

Obviously we know he’s secured rights in the past (FUNNY GIRL), but he has a better track record with plays (THE BOYS IN THE BAND, the Jessica Lange LONG DAYS...).

While I think the last revival was perfect to the point of definitive, I’ll love to see this happen. No doubt Murphy would attract an A-List ca

Why the hate for moulin rouge  May 20 2020, 12:32:45 AM

Hate is a strong word. I was majorly disappointed.

MOULIN ROUGE is one of my favorite films - I cry almost every time I watch it. The musical has moments of absolute delight (the opening of both acts) and then moments that rival episodes of SMASH (the Zidler “Chandelier“ number??).

I place almost all of the blame on Josh Logan and the book. Somehow a story about love feels so cold. Karen Olivo does what she can. I thought Aaron Tveit was miscast and/or poorly

Christine Ebersole stole the show in War Paint  May 10 2020, 01:39:04 AM
I loved this show, and wish it had come to Broadway in a less crowded season.

Patti was fabulous, but Ebersole’s “Pink” was theatrical perfection.

A STRANGE LOOP receives 2020 Pulitzer for Drama  May 4 2020, 03:27:09 PM
A fabulous choice.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:53:15 PM
Now the link only shows the 6 insane minutes we had. Are they going to push a new one out?

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:46:28 PM
When he realized no one could hear him and picked up his camera? Camp.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.