Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Chowd95

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Member Name: Chowd95
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best versions of Rent and Les Miz to screen?  Jan 2 2021, 11:04:01 PM
I would search out bootlegs of Les Mis (preferably the original production with the turntable.. the reboot is fine but is no where near as epic) because the only other versions are the concerts. If you end up going the concert. If you end up going the concert route nothing beats the 10th anniversary. Lea Salonga, Philip Quast, Michael Ball, Michael Maguire and Colm Wilkinson are all spectacular.. and Nick Jonas basically ruins the 25th anniversary concert.

Netflix's THE PROM official thread/reviews/reactions  Dec 13 2020, 10:11:20 AM
Wow, after only two days The Prom is #2 in the Netflix top ten.

THE PROM soundtrack  Dec 4 2020, 01:46:06 AM
Is "Simply Love" part of the movie or an end credits song? It comes at the very end of the album but feels like part of a new scene that wasn't in the stage show. Either way it's very pretty and is sung beautifully by James.

The whole album sounds great, with "Unruly Heart" being the highlight for me.

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Dec 1 2020, 11:24:53 PM

barcelona20 said: "LizzieCurry said: "Maybe this will help, unless you're being purposely obtuse, which is hardly a rare thing in online interactions.

"Forget the whole case-by-case thing: No more straight actors playing gay men until the sins of The Prom are properly atoned for. Murphy, a gay man, has led some straight actors into fertile gay territory before, like Darren Criss in The Assassination of Gianni Versace. But Corden, flittin

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Dec 1 2020, 01:37:38 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Newsweek says Corden is “offensively miscast” and I’m glad that’s being called out because it’s true. "

Meanwhile Variety calls his performance "soulfully funny and touching" and compares it to Christopher Guest in "Waiting for Guffman".

THE PROM new song and release date  Nov 18 2020, 03:38:47 AM

VotePeron said: "Re: Oscars -

The eligibility deadline for films is now through February, so many, many contenders for Best Picture won't be in the general discussion until around then when studios firmly decide what to push.

As for what's eligible, any film that was released digitally *with the original intent of releasing theatrically* is eligible. For that reason, Netflix is throwing the film into a few theaters on 12

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Oct 30 2020, 12:09:22 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Sony Masterworks is releasing the film soundtrack and the track “Tomorrow Belongs to You” was just released. No release date has been announced.

Just from this little snippet I can't imagine anyone who is a fan of this show not being excited. The voices and orchestrations sound great, and there is a ton of energy. Can't wait until December 11th.                  &n

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Oct 22 2020, 11:35:39 PM

ACL2006 said: "Corden looks awful in the role. Otherwise everything else looks great!"

He has one line of dialog in the trailer.. I'm sure he'll be fine. 

I've been looking forward to this trailer for a while (after only seeing grainy pictures of the cast in costume) and it did not disappoint. It looks like they've captured the fine line this show runs between over the top insanity and the gentle heart it has at its core. I left The Longac

Why the hate for moulin rouge  Jul 27 2020, 07:18:03 AM
I don't get all the praise for this show's set. I kind of mentally checked out about twenty minutes in but the only big set piece I remember was Satine's dressing room (which admittedly was pretty cool when it spun around). Besides that there was the little cafe set, the empty rehearsal stage and the huge couch. The way the theater was decked out was impressive but I couldn't see a lot of the runway from my fifth row mezz seat and I imagine more than a few of the seats in the orchestra were pa

Repeat Attenders fan documentary premieres at DOC NYC  May 18 2020, 09:12:07 AM
I was looking forward to seeing this based on the trailers but overall it was slightly disturbing and bordered on exploitation. I realize the goal of seeing a show 1,000 times is weird but every subject they featured had emotional problems.

The German lady said over and over that she thought she was too overweight and too old to play her dream part. She needs to take a break from Starlight Express for a night and watch Gypsy.

I don't understand the lady that was obsessed with

Broadway on Demand - complete disappointment  May 18 2020, 07:27:07 AM

Sutton Ross said: "BroadwayHD has barely anything that was actually filmed on Broadway. That's the problem I have with it. If people think that Matt Henryis the same as Billy Porter, they are delusional. Even Newsies wasn't filmed in New York. Miss Saigon, The King and I, the list goes on. They should call it something else."

So if they renamed it something like TheaterHD would that make the shows more enjoyable? 

Best Legal Broadway Shows  May 13 2020, 06:48:27 PM

dramamama611 said: "Can I ask why an account made from Amazon restricts some shows? "

After many frustrating emails with the company what I can say is do not sign up for BroadwayHD through Amazon Prime. You will not be able to access everything in their catalogue. Just go through the app or the website. I'm guessing it's a copyright issue but I never really got a straight answer.

Best Legal Broadway Shows  May 13 2020, 03:30:32 AM
Memphis isn't my favorite but like I said it's worth a watch. Chad Kimball's performance is right on the edge of being completely batsh#t crazy, but Montego Glover, James Monroe Inglehart and the rest of the cast are great. The choreography is a lot of fun too. I would watch the other three I recommended first though :)

Best Legal Broadway Shows  May 12 2020, 11:39:32 PM
Billy Elliot is wonderful (assuming you're not subscribed through Amazon Prime which means it won't be available), Memphis is worth a watch (it won best musical and the recording is top notch), 42nd and Holiday Inn are both fun and have great dancing. Also, if you've never seen the Bette Midler version of Gypsy it's a great made for TV production. I personally love her Mama Rose and it has a great supporting cast (Christine Ebersole, Ed Asner, Andrea Martin, a tiny Elisabeth Moss as Baby Louise

Legally Blonde Omigod You Guys Sanitize  May 10 2020, 01:37:04 PM

Not sure if this has been posted but I just ran across it and thought it was worth sharing.

https://youtu.be/-1Io3KGupTI

How do we feel about the 1999 Annie?  May 2 2020, 09:23:01 AM
It's good but the Cameron Diaz version is by far my favorite :/

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 30 2020, 06:42:44 AM
It cracks me up that L was such a stumper since a show that starts with it is "The World's Most Popular Musical".

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 30 2020, 12:58:17 AM
I got every single one until Z when it wouldn't accept Zorba, then it told me that was the answer. My results were "Yikes! You know nothing about Broadway musicals." BuzzFeed is dumb

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 10:26:05 PM
Chip Zien made me cry. Perfect song for right now

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:51:01 PM
I'm glad they're all pre recorded. I didn't see the MET concert but most of the time the video and audio quality on these webcasts suck (look at the Rosie special especially Adrienne Warren, most of Seth's Stars in the House). Considering all the problems they were having just to see great performance after great performance is wonderful. Don't understand all the complaining

You must log in to view off-topic posts.