Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for promisespromises2

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
Member Name: promisespromises2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Mar 15 2020, 09:32:58 AM
Went to a beautiful state park yesterday with a friend and our dogs. Her dog is very well trained and I feel safe letting my puppy off leash with them and we got to see my puppy swim for the first time. We had a blast and saw a few people on the trail/beach, all grateful to be out in nature. Might go back there a few times next week given that my work has shut down for the next week and possibly next two weeks!

Broadway to Close?  Mar 13 2020, 10:14:10 AM

Kad said: "Frankly, it’s gross that any organization would not immediately give anyone affected by this situation a refund, no questions asked, no snark. This is a time in which everyone needs to step up and help one another, revenue be damned."

Agreed.  The fact that not everyone issued an automatic refund baffles me.  They are literally just creating more work on themselves. 

Broadway to Close?  Mar 13 2020, 09:57:29 AM

So far I have received an email regarding Company tickets saying that they will automatically be refunded.

I'm having an annoying time with TodayTix because they sent out a "110% voucher" of the price we paid for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, however, I ship to Army basic training on April 21st and cannot reschedule this trip for god knows how long.  I have emailed them back and am waiting on a response.  Also, we live in Virginia so it's not like I ca

Broadway to Close  Mar 11 2020, 03:47:25 PM

theblackumbrella said: "Seeing “Company” next week so selfishly don’t want this to go into effect. This article seems to combat some concern. https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/11/bill-de-blasio-resists-closing-msg-broadway-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/"

Seeing three shows in two weeks and same.  This may be the last round of theatre that I may be able to see in a VERY, very long time.  But I am also not ignorant so I will su

Company Previews Thread  Mar 4 2020, 11:09:51 AM

qolbinau said: "At first I was trying to rationalise this but in hindsight it would have been an interesting and hilarious moment to see Patti staring in Bobbi’s eyes asking to have sex with her. Can they try this in previews pls???"

Hahaha. I mean, I’m a lesbian.  Anything can happen, trust me. 

Company Previews Thread  Mar 4 2020, 06:15:19 AM

I’m confused about the whole Joanne/Larry/Bobbie thing. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

In the original, would it be Joanne giving herself up to Bobby and why wouldn’t they just keep it that way? We are all adults, bisexuality and queerness exist (obviously, it’s in the show already).  Or does it add more to the show t

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Mar 3 2020, 08:36:15 PM
Same. Rachel Bay Jones was absolutely incredible. The “hoarseness” of her voice did not distract a bit and I actually found that I loved it. I was close enough to see their faces and her acting is absolutely incredible. I will never get a seat far from the stage for any future production of hers, it was thrilling to watch.

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread  Mar 3 2020, 01:57:59 PM
Would love to know as well! I am not a “play” person, but Edward Albee has my heart. I love his writings and this is my favorite play by far. Have tickets for the end of this month!

How is the current CATS tour?  Mar 2 2020, 10:09:34 PM
My partner has always wanted to see this musical since she was a child, so I told her the only way I would ever see it is if she bought the tickets (she’s not a theatre-goer like me, I usually go to shoes alone or will pay for her because I am dragging her to one I think she will like).

I had no idea what I was in for. I knew “Memory”, obviously, but I am not a big fan of ALW and the running joke in my family is how we put on the Cats VCR tape and no one was awake 30 minutes in.

Patti LuPone "I'm Still Here"  Feb 11 2020, 06:18:27 AM
Ugh, she is perfection. Thank you for sharing this.

Theatre: Entertainment or Education?  Feb 7 2020, 11:52:04 AM

For me personally, ALL of it.

If I really love a show, I generally tend to find books either about the show or about the subject of the show.  For example, loving the show Les Mis led me to actually reading Les Mis by Victor Hugo which led to me learning a **** ton about France and some really cool new words and an author I knew of but never actually read about.

For Hamilton, it made me research our founding fathers so actually see what was true about the Hamilton family, e

Who are you waiting to see on broadway  Feb 5 2020, 11:32:35 AM
Sarah Paulson. She can do no wrong, I love her acting.
Helen Mirren
Mandy Patinkin (saw him when he toured with Patti LuPone, want to see him in a Broadway show)
Bernadette Peters
Helena Bonham Carter. I would kill to see her do a play on Broadway.

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 31 2020, 07:23:33 AM
I am actually a little obsessed with RBJ’s raspy voice. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her the whole time.

I did notice some lyric mishaps, but I don’t expect ANYTHING coming in to these Broadway Stages shows. I have only seen two other Broadway Center Stage productions and this is the only one that has blown me away like it did last night.

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 30 2020, 09:13:48 PM

gleek4114 said: "Are they selling any merch for this? Wasn’t sure if they would do it for these one weekend runs."

I have not seen a booth but will report after the show.

intermission now. Holy ****. Run, don’t walk to see this.  

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?  Jan 29 2020, 06:57:04 AM
Tickets for:

Next to Normal (Washington DC)
Cats (Richmond, VA)
Company (Broadway)
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Broadway)
The Band’s Visit (Richmond, VA)

Haven’t been able to actually sit and compile a list of shows I want to see! Not sure if we will be in the same area come summer, so holding out buying anything past April.

Favorite Broadway Tattoos  Jan 28 2020, 08:47:23 AM
I have a quote from the book Wicked by Gregory Maguire on my sternum and hoping to get a Sunday In the Park with George sleeve within five years! Gotta design it and find the right artist first!

What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?  Jan 26 2020, 07:07:46 AM
Patti LuPone in Evita.

Original cast of Into the Woods.

Angela Lansbury in Sweeney Todd.

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 22 2020, 02:49:50 PM

It's getting closer!! I have been debating on and off for months on whether or not I should blow some money and get a ticket, and of course at the end of the day there really is no debate.

Going next Thursday and it's all I have been thinking about! Was able to snag a single ticket in the orchestra to treat myself, I usually buy the cheap seats and did not want to miss out on RBJ as Alice. 

There were still a decent amount of tickets left, more seats together than I

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Sep 29 2019, 10:36:50 AM
The best part about having an end of March birthday! I can’t wait to see this!

Ben Platt To Star In New Ryan Murphy Netflix Series  Sep 29 2019, 10:34:07 AM
The show is weird, but in a good way. It’s a bit different then the shows I’ve been watching, so it’s a nice contrast for me at the moment.

I’m not going to lie though, Ben Platt spits just as much when he talks as he does when he sings and there were a few scenes where the light was shining just the right way to watch the mists of spittle.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.