Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Gorlois

Gorlois Profile Photo
Member Name: Gorlois
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roles synonymous with an actor BUT didn’t win the Tony  Aug 5 2020, 03:41:14 PM
I think it is actually surprising that Julie Andrews did not win a Tony for Eliza, of course I know politics and narratives are different every season. And that’s not to disparage Judy Holliday’s winning performance, which I’m not familiar with— but My Fair Lady is such a beloved and classic musical and Julie’s original Broadway performance has been mythologized into a giant.

I wish the Tonys would just give her a damn honorary one, anyway. 1996 was a million years ago. Julie graciously

Great and (dare I say) important Audra interview  Jul 27 2020, 12:56:19 PM
I just love Audra.

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 13 2020, 05:35:53 PM
What a terrible, terrible tragedy. A mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend gone too soon. May she rest in peace.

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 13 2020, 01:11:38 PM

From the Ventura County Sheriff:

“Happening now: A body has been found at Lake Piru this morning. The recovery is in progress. A news conference will take place at 2 pm at the lake.”

https://twitter.com/venturasheriff/status/1282715917453897736?s=21

Today also marks 7 years since the passing of Cory Monteith.

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 9 2020, 10:39:32 PM
I rewatched some of Naya’s Glee performances today. She was such a talent that she went from playing Sue Sylvester’s henchwoman to being a full-fledged main cast member within a season. Rewatching her character Santana’s wedding to Brittany reminded me of how much joy the episode brought me in 2015, when we were still awaiting the Obergefell v Hodges decision. What wonderful light she brought to the lives of people she never even knew.

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 9 2020, 05:20:14 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "The saddest part of this is an adult thinking that leaving a boat to go for a swim when you’re the only two people on board is a safe thing to do. That’s reckless."

I think the saddest part of this is that a person may have died. 

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 9 2020, 03:25:57 AM
I’m horrified.

Susan Egan  Jun 12 2020, 06:36:47 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "I was also thinking though about how Jodi Benson's career is also like Egan's. They are both Disney princesses in one form or another, and really, most of their following and project since Disney have somewhat been related to back to Disney."

I think you could say this of almost all Disney Princesses TM before the modern era. Certainly Adriana Caselotti (Snow White) and Ilene Woods (Cinderella). I think Mary Costs (Aurora) had

Susan Egan  Jun 12 2020, 06:28:49 PM
I thought Susan Egan looked lovely in that trailer for the 2018 production of BATB. I wish I could have seen it!

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 08:43:49 AM

I wondered if this might happen. Disney’s been hurriedly pushing a lot of content onto Disney+ in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. Why continue to sit on “Hamilton” when they could release it now to help retain current subscribers and earn new ones? Disney+ is just about the only thing they’ve got right now with the possibility of turning a profit.

Myself, I collect physical media so once I finished “The Imagineering Story,” I was done with Di

The Official Kennedy Center FOLLIES Thread  May 5 2020, 07:31:23 AM
I was a sophomore in high school when Follies made the trek from the Kennedy Center to Broadway. I was a theatre kid weaned on Disney and Rodgers and Hammerstein. I’d recently made the leap to Andrew Lloyd Webber, too. I read these forums often... it was a weird place (and still often is) where I was enraptured by stories and accounts of plays and performances I never would have a chance to see.

I kept reading about Sondheim. Sondheim, Sondheim, Sondheim. All the time with the Sondheim.

Patti LuPone didn't like 90th Birthday 'Ladies who lunch'  May 2 2020, 06:29:52 PM
She *is* a *diva.* Her matter-of-fact speaking her mind attitude coupled with her incredible talent is why we’ll still be talking about her 50+ years in the future. She’ll never bore me.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:03:01 PM
Well now I’ve been kicked off again...

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:01:14 PM
The new stream has an hour countdown but Broadway.com tweeted the link to the new stream and said it would be up shortly.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:55:30 PM
Was anybody kicked off the stream? It says the “user has removed the video”

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:51:06 PM
Is it actually live? I assumed Raul’s segments would be but everybody else would be pre-recorded...?

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 07:35:59 PM
Just finished a double feature of Rear Window and Psycho. Excited for Sondheim tonight!!! I already have the livestream pulled up on my big screen!!!

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 23 2020, 07:29:56 PM
Even more talent has joined the streaming celebration!

“The freshly announced stars set to perform include Annaleigh Ashford, Laura Benanti, Melissa Errico, Beanie Feldstein, Josh Groban, Jake Gyllenhaal, Neil Patrick Harris, Judy Kuhn, Linda Lavin, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Platt, Randy Rainbow and Lea Salonga. In addition, there will be special appearances from Victor Garber, Joanna Gleason, Nathan Lane and Steven Spielberg.”

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/199153/more-stars-take

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 21 2020, 11:09:20 AM
This is wonderful news!!!

The King and I new adaptation  Apr 1 2020, 05:26:37 PM

Owen22 said: "Remember the animated version from fifteen or so years ago?"

That movie came out when I was a kid— it’s closer to 25 than 15. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.