Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Musical Master

Musical Master Profile Photo
Member Name: Musical Master
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 23 2020, 04:52:47 PM

TotallyEffed said: "And he was dead silent during all the protests, but the day an accusation came out that would potentially benefit his career he suddenly had something to say.

Anyway, they will not be doing reshoots for this film because of these accusations and anyone who thinks that is a possibility is delusional.
"

Plus, Disney hasn't done anything when the controversies hit the upcoming Mulan remake. You can bet they won't

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 23 2020, 03:24:37 PM

Yeah that was...quite tacky to say the least.

Rachel Zegler post-WSS  Jun 20 2020, 11:31:49 PM

That's what I meant, to just wait until this whole thing is verified.   

Rachel Zegler post-WSS  Jun 20 2020, 11:18:08 PM

Don't jump to that conclusion until Spielberg and Disney make an official statement.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 10:44:20 PM

It would be awful if this was pushed back, this movie alongside the upcoming Dune, were the two I was looking forward the most in December.

Rachel Zegler post-WSS  Jun 19 2020, 10:42:17 PM

If she does phenomenal in this, she may go on to become a star in her own way.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 03:43:51 PM

Thanks BrodyFosse123 for that explanation.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 02:46:32 PM

That's a good point. Also there was a brief secret b-footage of the number "Maria" and it most definitely didn't sound live on the set, so I am very confused by the "ear-piece" thing. Hopefully someone who worked on the film's sound can confirm and clarify what method was used.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 01:26:06 PM

Agreed, I'm seeing this movie for Spielberg's direction, Kushner's screenplay, the production/costume designs, David Newman's music supervision/arrangements, Peck's choreography, the featured cast and Zegler's debut. Plus other forums are wondering if this controversy will cause re-shoots ala Spacey replaced by Plummer, which at this point is unrealistic given the current circumstances.

I think Disney/20th Century Studios may release the film as is and &quo

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 12:15:09 PM

Probably. But I would love to see Timothee Chalamet play Henrik in a new film version of A Little Night Music.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 19 2020, 11:21:51 AM

If it is live singing, I hope this method turns out well in everyone's favor. It can turn out really good or really rough depending on how it's used.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 17 2020, 07:29:39 PM

David Alvarez (Bernardo) talks about his involvement with the audition and filming process of West Side Story at 39:26. He says some pretty interesting things about how the film is going to be saying that it's "Real".

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 12 2020, 02:04:30 PM

So am I, I think Spielberg made the right call hiring a tremendous talent like Justin Peck to work on the choreography. Justin's work on the 2018 Carousel revival was one of the best things about it and deserved the Tony Award; also his NYC Ballet work is also pretty stunning.

I hope that the "Somewhere Ballet" makes it into the final cut.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 4 2020, 05:48:26 PM

He's said in an interview that he had the original 1957 cast recording as a kid and loved imagining what the dances would be like. I can tell that he has love and passion for this project which counts for a lot when you're doing a new film adaptation of a classic musical.

Some say that he should've done Fiddler on the Roof, but I think Spielberg doing West Side Story and Thomas Kail doing Fiddler is the right call.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 2 2020, 04:59:07 PM

I agree, I really want the see the first trailer to this. Hopefully either this month or in July, we'll see something very soon.

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 09:10:44 PM

This could work, I liked what the director and writer did with Fosse/Verdon and while I think the original Fiddler on The Roof film is near perfect, I wouldn't mind another film version of the musical. Also in response, I think it wasn't so much "realism" that Spielberg is going for but rather a better authentic representation to the Puerto Rican characters and with the YT footage of the film's shoot, it's telling me that with Justin Peck's

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Apr 21 2020, 04:17:50 PM

Yeah that is a pretty big bummer, but I can see why they would push it to next year so that it won't compete with and be compared to West Side Story in December. Plus this one feels right to be a summer musical.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Apr 21 2020, 02:15:33 PM

Needless to say whenever the trailer does come, it will get people impressed/excited with what Steven Spielberg and the talented cast and crew are doing in comparison to other musical films which either didn't do anything for them or appalled them.

But then again, I seriously doubt we'll ever sink to the lows that Tom Hooper and Cats (2019) brought us to ever again. Hopefully.

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Apr 17 2020, 06:31:39 PM

There are 3 new colorful pictures of West Side Story that was posted about a few hours ago and I hope that Justin Peck's choreography is stellar and thrilling like his work on that flawed Carousel revival from 2018. Also with David Newman on the music supervision and arrangements, also Gustavo Dudamel of the Los Angeles Philharmonic conducting, is telling me they are going all out with a huge orchestra for the score and songs.

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 13 2020, 09:33:22 PM

wiggum2, this Vanity Fair video is from 2017 where Chris was asked on the spot to sing I Will Survive. Wow his warm up high notes are something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ReNebkqJko

You must log in to view off-topic posts.