Profile for Scarlet Leigh

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Member Name: Scarlet Leigh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 07:35:54 PM

Gosh the Karen or Ivy war is gonna be strong once again. Everyone has such strong opinions. 

So... idea! Let's see them go a little Edwin Drood with it. Write the book so that EVERYTHING is wrapped up before the final number. Everything but ONE thing. Who will they pick to be Marilyn? The audience votes (perhaps even with a phone app cus technology) at intermission and whomever they pick gets to close the show as Marilyn just like in Bombshell with "Don't Forget Me.&q

Shows You've Discovered (or Rediscovered) While in Quarantine  May 19 2020, 03:03:11 PM

greensgreens said: "I've gotten back into Sunset Boulevard. I re-ripped all the various cast recordings and singles from this and I put 'em on random and just listen for hours. So fun to hear the different takes on the same material."

While it wasn't during this quarantine, I am with you on rediscovering it in recent times. I saw it when I was VERY little (was the 4th musical I ever saw in NY) and being that I was young, it went over my head and I thought

Shows You've Discovered (or Rediscovered) While in Quarantine  May 19 2020, 02:16:18 PM

Sutton Ross said: "I think it's still supposed to premiere in North America next February in Toronto. I could be wrong though. Is there a cast recording?"

Yeah that's how I found it. It's on Spotify. Someone started talking about it on a BSB facebook group I started following last year and linked it. That's exciting to hear that it might hit Toronto but with everything going on, I will not get my hopes up. I am sure LOTS of plans for shows are going t

Shows You've Discovered (or Rediscovered) While in Quarantine  May 19 2020, 01:59:07 PM

Since there is no place to really go at the moment and most of us are stuck in our homes, only leaving for essential items or essential jobs, I can't be the only one taking the time to explore musicals some new musicals as well as revisit old ones, right?

SO! Share! What shows we have you found for the first time? Or is there a show you have known but having revisited now, have you fallen in love again or perhaps see it in a new light? Who knows, maybe you'll find somethi

Broadway Real Estate 2020-2021 season  May 14 2020, 02:38:46 AM

Wasn't the Britney musical slated to start this summer originally? Actually.... did they ever OFFICIALLY announce a theatre and dates before the world went crazy? I know there was chatter and I know they cancelled the out of town run in Chicago but things blended so much together around the middle of March that I can't for the life of remember what happened with this one. It was rumored for the Marquis?

Your Bucket List  May 12 2020, 10:31:06 PM

It all depends on when "normal" returns. I have a number of timely things on my bucket list I hope will happen but only time will tell. Like....

- PA Renn Faire in August

- Ticket for "Six" at the end of October and then another PA Renn Faire return trip (they do a spoooooooky themed plot line during the last three weeks my BF has never been to so taking him to that... hopefully)

- My friend's wedding in November. God don't let the money I

Tickets Refunds  May 12 2020, 10:34:50 AM

For the record, I got my Six refund the day AFTER the performance was suppose to happen. So it seems like don't expect to see anything before your original show date, even if the show has been cancelled.

And to the person asking about mailing back tickets, not needed. I got my refund issues to my card and my original tickets are still sitting right here next to me.

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 10:32:13 AM

This is a fantastic move on their part. Not only does it look good on them with all these surprise releases they are putting on the service under the narrative of "You are stuck home so let us entertain you while you are there" but they are making up some of the the money are losing while still holding onto their blockbusters that will go into theatres when they reopen.

And that original 2021 date? It will stay and they will turn it into a Hamilton sing-along event and make m

What is Andrew Lloyd Webber’s next The Shows Must Go On?  May 8 2020, 11:33:04 PM

I think there is another filmed version of Superstar from 2000 with Glenn Carter as Jesus? Other than Cats.... that might be all that's left?

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 8 2020, 10:49:46 PM

So......... Dance of the Vampires. *Pops open a bottle of vodka and takes a shot for strength* Let's talk about that for a hot second.

I don't even know where to start with it. Two girls getting brutally murdered in the opening number while the ensemble has a rocking ballet dance break. Crawford's entrance in a coffin shooting up from the stage floor. The creepy vibe Crawford was giving off anytime he was on the stage with Mandy Gonzalez. The en

I Want a Revival of ONCE UPON A MATTRESS  May 2 2020, 10:04:50 PM

I mentioned this in a topic on here years and years ago that my ideal revival of this show would star Sutton Foster.... and Josh Gad. She is made for the part and I just love the idea of Dauntless being a total dorky goofy ball that is like socially awkward because he's never been allowed to grow up or even socialize much because his mother is so protective.

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  Apr 23 2020, 12:20:08 AM

Here in lays the problem with a big "name" like Jackman in a show. He is signed onto the show for 1 year. There is no telling if he has already signed any deals for something AFTER that year is up. This puts the show on a very delicate timeline that I am sure has already been planned down to the smallest details. While they might have every intention of keeping this on track, the fact is that it's not in their control. Have they even held auditions to cast the ensemble yet? It i

Drama Desk Awards  Apr 21 2020, 04:24:33 PM

So I know that most of the Broadway season got messed up cus of covid but the ONLY Broadway musical to get a nomination between musical and revival was West Side Story? Wow. Amazing that even in a messed up season that the Drama Desk STILL manages to be the head scratching "say what now" awards of the season. No Moulin Rouge. No Jagged Little Pill. And all I can kinda think is.... what might have been if the shutdown came ONE day later and Six had opened. Would/Could Six have been a

And the Tony Almost Went to...  Apr 19 2020, 11:49:18 PM

Very interesting reading through some of this. However, I feel like in some seasons you are discrediting some of the other strong nominees of that year by barely even giving them a mention. Some of these seasons were just not 2 show face offs but legit a 3 way race. You kind of mention SOME of these in passing but more or less just as a throw out a mention that they existed. Not that they were a legitimate option as well or the race between 2nd and 3rd was in some cases really just too close

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 14 2020, 05:48:02 PM

if you have to said: "Sutton Ross said: "Lestat and Scandalous."

While not great shows, they at least had Carolee Carmello in them. And she was/is incredible.
"

Gosh.... this just made me realize. Some of the worst shows I have seen were Addam's Family and Tuck Everlasting... ALSO with Carmello. AND she was in Finding Neverland. How is is that one of the best talents in theatre has been in SO many awful flops in recent years?

State Fair/Meet Me In St. Louis/Flower Drum Song  Apr 14 2020, 03:36:29 PM

theatreguy12 said: "Flower Drum Song? Still one of my favorite movie musicals. Fun and witty. And some great songs! For me, it's up there with Sound of Music as a R&H fave. With the revival,I do remember it getting panned largely because of the book. For those who saw it with Lea Salonga and Jose Llana, do you agree that this was the big problem, and do you think it would have done better staying closer to the original? And if your answer is "better, but it wouldn't

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 12 2020, 05:14:29 AM

David10086 said: "She's going to age out of the role if we wait much longer."

She already has.

This has been talked about before but here we go again. She's a few years to late on this party. She is great in the role but even she is to old for the part now unless they change up the timeline here. A big part of this plot and really anytime we address "old" women in that era of Hollywood (looking at YOU all the recently popular pop cul

Show Boat revival?  Apr 12 2020, 04:51:53 AM

Taken from an article on PA Phil.com https://www.laphil.com/musicdb/pieces/3293/show-boat

"Its plot development [is] predictable and corny, and its ending unbearably sweet," Engel wrote of Show Boat. Even Oscar Hammerstein II himself is said to have had second thoughts about the work's ending. Miles Kreuger, author of Show Boat: The Story of a Classic American Musical, notes that &

Show Boat revival?  Apr 11 2020, 04:03:43 AM

frontrowcentre2 said: "One aspect he could not solve was the ultimate fate of Ravenal: His character should disappear and not return (as happens with Julie) and in the end Magnolia should be strong enough to carry on without him. Hammerstein couldn't solve this even in the Universal film version - nor could John Lee Mahin for the M-g-M Technicolor remake."

And the recent revival of My Fair Lady sort of leaves me thinking that Sher is the very man to tackle the ending. Did

Show Boat revival?  Apr 10 2020, 08:35:03 PM

Jarethan said: "Could someone like John Doyle or Daniel Fish come up with a small scale version that speaks to today’s audiences? Who knows. I would like to see them try. I always hated Oklahoma, acknowledging that much of the score is for the ages. What Fish did was incredible to me...maybe the next revival of SB will be incredible for you."

Totally feel you on the Oklahoma comments. I have always loathed Oklahoma but won the lotto for the revival so figured w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.