Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for DRSisLove

DRSisLove Profile Photo
Member Name: DRSisLove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MUSIC MAN IN LAB  Sep 24 2020, 11:58:18 AM

"Schools are not open in NYC." That is not true. Pre-K and special education classes are back. The majority of classrooms open next week.

Netflix’s THE PROM movie musical to be released Dec. 11  Sep 14 2020, 08:17:17 AM

Is this one of the fastest turn around times for a show premiering on Broadway to be adapted and released as a film? I cannot think of one as quick as this.

Lysistrata Jones  Aug 19 2020, 11:33:17 AM

This show was awful. One thing that sticks out in my memory was the 3 second music that played on loop before the show, during intermission and after. It was so annoying.

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 22 2020, 08:50:59 AM

When I saw the show in Denver, they asked for feedback. My biggest gripe was the placement of Let It Go, which of course, never changed. I thought it was ridiculous that she runs away and then Olaf is like "oh hey yea, Elsa built me in the snowstorm!" which no one ever sees and then when she reappears later she still hasn't transformed.

Thank god they redid the beginning of the show. That was a HUGE mess in Denver. 

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Jan 21 2020, 08:40:35 AM

Had a friend who saw this via lottery last Thursday. With no knowledge of anything new in the show as she's not a Broadway news follower, she just said, "Show was great. Except... whoever they cast as Aaron. Wow. Bad"

Come From Away lottery seats  Jan 7 2020, 11:38:36 AM

My seats were front row center when I won last month. Fantastic seats, fantastic show.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jan 2 2020, 10:18:24 AM

I have no idea how anyone could have seen a showing without mocking laughter. I went yesterday and the audience was roaring with laughter the entire time. From the second the cat appeared in the clouds at the beginning, until the end when Judi turned her body multiple times to directly face the camera to tell us again cats are not dogs, it was almost nonstop. 

Interestingly enough, I went to the AMC in Lincoln Center and they were still showing the original version - human hands a

The Lightning Thief goes after critics on twitter  Oct 29 2019, 08:43:37 AM

Honestly been holding off saying this but - I sat behind the woman running the account at the opening night of Little Shop of Horrors. She kept firing off tweets even as the show started and at the end of intermission. I had seen this thread earlier in the day and was almost horrified to see that she was still doing it.

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 12 2019, 10:34:58 AM

I think it's absolutely absurd that people think they should have been like, "hey, this is from Be More Chill." I think that many of the viewers had probably no idea where it came from, but that's on the producers/ writers of the telecast for choosing such unknown source material.

Last year, they did a parody of "Chandelier" by Sia. At no point in the song did they mention Sia. That's how parodies work.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  May 15 2019, 12:50:14 PM

getupngo said: 
"not trying to be a d!ck, but why is it upsetting if they split you up? it's not like you can talk to each other during the show?"

I didn't say upsetting - I said annoying. I guess "inconvenient" would be the right word. Trust me, I am eternally grateful to have won.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  May 15 2019, 08:57:10 AM

I won the lottery for yesterday's performance. I had originally received an email saying I lost, but at 4:15 I was told I had until 5 to claim tickets as the first person on the loser list. Unfortunately, our seats were split up (house left box, third row left mezzanine). Seats were actually great - but kind of annoying that they were split up (though I know it happens).

Feb 20th blackout?  Jan 24 2019, 09:01:14 AM

It could also be that this is the Wednesday matinee of a popular week off from school so many shows are already sold out / close to selling out. Historically, shows sell VERY well that performance as parents bring their kids in to see a show.

Growing up, I always saw a Wednesday matinee performance that week with my family - we would also swing by TKTS at 1:30 PM to see it say "NO MORE AVAILABLE TICKETS."

Which flight has the better chance of making it to theatre on time  Jan 10 2019, 10:46:41 AM

Newark will probably be the most consistent in terms of timing. The AirTrain and NJ transit train will take about an hour combined. Sometimes NJ Transit trains are delayed, but once you're on its about 30 minutes into Penn Station.

LGA is more of a crapshoot - the bus to Jackson Heights could sit in traffic and then the E could run local. It may be faster, but more unpredictable. Plus, the Newark flight gets in earlier.

The Cher Show Audience Opinions.  Dec 23 2018, 06:56:29 PM

Saw this last night and could not believe this show was on broadway. It was really that bad. I went with my family (we see a show on 12/22 or 23 every year) and my dad said, "Guess we still need to see our annual Broadway show, because that was not Broadway." If I didn't know better, I'd think they want the audience to walk with the message that Cher has borderline personality disorder. The 3 Cher idea did not work at all. As good as everyone was, that script was laugha

Broadway Music Game on HQ  Sep 23 2018, 08:54:21 AM

I play a lot, but have only won twice. I believe each time the winnings were around $1.50. It's not really about the money as I just happen to like trivia.

Cursed Child covers/understudies  Sep 7 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Noma was out yesterday evening for part 1. I presume she'll be out again this evening, but will report back after the show.

Donna Murphy in Hello Dolly  May 30 2018, 07:19:38 PM

Last year Bette missed 1 performance, and her understudy Jessica Sheridan went on for her.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Linda Mugleston went on.

Mean Girls Online Lottery  May 28 2018, 08:49:54 PM

Another friend of mine won the online lotto and she was also front row center.

Hamilton presale  May 18 2018, 02:32:32 PM

My time was 11 and I just logged on. Tons of seats still available, albeit for a ton. I can't believe they are selling rear orchestra seats that are obstructed for $235.

RE: What would be the latest time to leave JFK to be able to make an evenin  Apr 15 2018, 09:13:46 PM

You will definitely not have enough time. It can take 30 minutes or more to deplane and exit JFK's massive terminals. The fastest way to get in would be AirTrain + LIRR, and even that is around an hour if the schedules line up.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.