Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for TheGingerBreadMan

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
Member Name: TheGingerBreadMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In the Heights on HBO Max?  Nov 19 2020, 10:56:03 AM
Yeah, it seems like Lin and the team really want this to be a summer theatrical event. I highly doubt they’d let it go straight to steaming.

What will Biden's election do for the theater?  Nov 9 2020, 08:16:52 PM
It’ll certainly give Broadway a better shot of reopening sooner than later since he’ll actually take covid seriously.

You Can't Stop the Count! (Marc Shaiman)  Nov 7 2020, 12:20:06 PM
This is delightful.

Favorite/Most Clever Rhymes  Nov 6 2020, 11:31:59 AM

Another one that comes to mind:

When a person's personality is personable,
He should not sit like a lump.
It's harder than a matador coercin' a bull
To try to get you off of your rump.
So single and attentive and attractive a man
Is everything a person could wish,
But turning off a person is the act of a man
Who likes to pull the hooks out of fish.

The whole verse is genius, but "personable" rhymed against &q

Bad Cinderella  Nov 4 2020, 02:34:58 PM

It sounds like Six.

Favorite/Most Clever Rhymes  Nov 1 2020, 02:07:18 PM
I think that “Stand with our brothers as they fight against tyranny/I know that Alexander Hamilton is here and he would rather not have this debate” is brilliant.

Papa Rose?  Oct 28 2020, 11:17:00 AM

I'd 100% be interested in seeing this. I can't think a man besides Porter who I think could really pull it off, but he'd be phenomenal. I don't think it would necessarily add anything to the show contextually, but I don't think it needs to. It would be an interesting take with a very talented performer.

Shows I'm glad I took a chance on...  Oct 26 2020, 08:36:35 AM
Once. I thought it seemed like a total snooze fest. I only went because someone ended up not being able to use their ticket at the last minute and they gave it to me. I totally fell in love with the show. Such a lovely evening.

Carrie the Musical podcast teaser  Oct 17 2020, 08:21:55 AM
I’m excited for this! I just subscribed.

What Is The Cheapest Broadway Musical Ever?  Oct 15 2020, 07:32:37 PM
TOS was my first thought as well. Super bare bones and I’m not convinced that any of the cast commanded a very high salary.

THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21  Oct 9 2020, 11:38:42 AM

This is much more realistic and I'm glad they've made this change official. Of course, it's still not guaranteed, but I have much more hope that these dates will be able to happen.

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th  Oct 8 2020, 09:50:41 PM
Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be surprised if this announcement is followed by more shows announcing that they won’t be reopening (or opening at all). Although another delay was expected and inevitable, a formal announcement may be the final straw for some.

three person acting scene  Sep 29 2020, 06:37:26 PM
Kimberly - “straight play” is a very common term for non-musical works and there is nothing wrong with using it. It’s been used for a long time and has no offensive connotations. Ignore those who are questioning it - their lack of knowledge is showing.

As far as your question goes, I would suggest looking into the works of George Kaufman, Neil Simon, Moss Hart, and Thornton Wilder. These would be a good starting place. If you’re allowed to do classical work, Shakespeare has a lot of gr

Which theater is BEETLEJUICE moving into?  Sep 27 2020, 05:41:12 AM
I hear that it’s going to be revived annually at Radio City, taking the place of the Rockette’s Christmas show.

What contemporary plays include a young male character, around the ages of 12-18?  Sep 23 2020, 09:53:23 AM
The Outsiders.

Kat McPhee Next Broadway Show?  Sep 21 2020, 10:23:49 AM

It doesn't matter if she doesn't personally agree with them on social issues. She's still supporting and enabling them. Whatever her reasons for these contributions are, they're going towards oppression, hate, and fascism. There's no excuse.

I have no desire to tell other people what to do - spend your time and money how you wish - but I will no longer be supporting any project that she is part of. She's shown that she doesn't care about the community s

If You Could Cast Judy Garland In a Broadway Show?  Sep 8 2020, 12:06:55 AM
I yearn for the magic that would’ve been her Mama Rose. I can only imagine it as something really, really special.

For the next RENT revival...  Aug 24 2020, 03:26:46 PM
This would also mean that Roger and Benny are now gay or bisexual, which is another layer that I’m sure Larson never intended. I’m a gay man myself and I always love seeing more LGBT stories in media, but this is a change that I don’t think is necessary. Rent isn’t a story about gay people, it’s a story about people from many different walks of life which includes gay people. Yes, the gay community was devastated by the AIDS epidemic and that cannot be ignored or forgotten, but non-LGBT-i

Mulan  Aug 23 2020, 01:13:38 AM
I am interested in seeing the movie, but as expressed above, I don’t have a household of people to watch with and can’t justify spending 30 bucks on a movie for just me. I understand why Disney is going this route and I’m sure they’ll see success with it, it’s just a hefty price tag for me. I want to see it but not badly enough to shell out that cash, especially when I already pay for the streaming service every month. I’ll wait on this one.

RIP Howell Binkley  Aug 15 2020, 11:14:08 AM
His lighting designs proved time and time again that he was master of storytelling. A brilliant artist gone too soon. RIP <3

You must log in to view off-topic posts.