Profile for Mark_E

Mark_E Profile Photo
Member Name: Mark_E
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tickets Refunds  Mar 17 2020, 03:31:22 AM
Still no refund for a ticket I bought at the box office for Little Shop, performance was meant to happen Weds.

Also, nothing from TodayTix for Emojiland except a “we hope you enjoyed the show” email.

MEAN GIRLS Tour Changes  Mar 12 2020, 12:40:18 PM

The "Someone Gets Hurt" reprise at the end of act one was also cut.

MEAN GIRLS Tour Changes  Mar 12 2020, 11:54:19 AM

It has changed in the Broadway production as well. Not sure how long ago it was changed but it was definitely different on Tuesday night.

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Mar 10 2020, 11:17:58 AM

Has anyone tried at the box office to see if they are offering any kind of in-person rush?

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Mar 9 2020, 04:29:00 PM

Michelle chouraqui said: "did anyone get the digital rush this morning?"

Gone in less than a second it seems. I hate these online rushes.

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Mar 9 2020, 04:27:07 PM

I bought rush tickets yesterday for both parts at around 10:30 - Orch L 14 for part 1 and G 16 for part 2. Both full view and excellent seats.. Really enjoyed the show.

Six Rush or Lottery News  Mar 6 2020, 11:14:47 AM

Got there at 8am. Already a long line.

By the time I got to the front they only had singles, which I passed on as I'm going with a friend I've not seen in a year. Looks like it's going to keep getting earlier.

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates  Mar 6 2020, 10:51:06 AM

I didn't manage to get Six rush tickets this morning (only singles left), so went along and got rush (box D) for tonight. We are both tall so hopefully that helps

Hangmen Rush  Mar 6 2020, 06:59:57 AM

When I walked past the theatre yesterday at around 9:30, there were only three people there. Infact, most of the rush queue's round there seemed quiet except Company. There were only 4 in line for Come From Away.

Jagged Little Pill Understudies  Mar 6 2020, 06:36:53 AM
I saw the show for the first time last night, knowing very little about it and knowing only small amount of Alanis music.
I also didn’t realise that Laurel was the understudy for MJ until reading this thread this morning!
God she was good, I was thinking whilst watching she’s surely going to get a Tony nom, although alas that can’t happen. Rest of the cast also exceptional, and I really enjoyed the show.

Once Upon a One More Time to Marquis  Jan 15 2020, 05:37:48 PM

Jarethan said: "Here is my question: does Britney Spears have enough songs that are good enough to anchor a big Broadway show at Broadway prices? I have to admit that I am really surprised, especially since it is apparently not a biographical show where they can insert songs anywhere, but have to fit them at the appropriate moment in the show."

Some really great numbers. Oops I did it again, Baby... One more time, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, Overprotected&nb

Muriel’s Wedding coming to Broadway?  Jan 1 2020, 05:20:57 AM

Wick3 said: "SweetLips22 said: "Apart from being drop dead handsome, the gay Russian swimmer was the only performer who held his character together[in speedos, even for his bows] and received Genuine cheers and not, as you would expect, 'wolf-whistles' whenever he appeared--he was that good. I actually typed 'God'.”

wasn’t he from South Africa in the movie? Just curious why they changed him to be Russian?

"

Muriel’s Wedding coming to Broadway?  Dec 28 2019, 07:16:17 PM

qolbinau said: "I like the show too. I think it could have a nice little run in the West End but I don’t know if it’s good enough and has the market for Broadway."

Indeed, it's perfect for the West End, but theatre availability will be the problem there.

Muriel’s Wedding coming to Broadway?  Dec 28 2019, 06:04:53 PM

The score is amazing, one of the best new scores of recent years. I've seen the show twice in Sydney and its so much fun. Hoping it has a future life.

Becoming Nancy Previews/Performances Atlanta  Dec 28 2019, 05:51:22 AM

There was no song list published in the programme unfortunately.

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Dec 24 2019, 04:21:13 PM

Rob McClure is definitely going to be a strong contender for Mrs. Doubtfire. Can see the show picking up quite a few noms (book, costume and scenic design) and also for score by default even though it wasn't the strongest part of the show.

Mrs. Doubtfire - Seattle Pre-Broadway Thoughts  Dec 23 2019, 01:37:59 PM

A great show!
First and foremost, it is FUNNY, plenty of laugh out loud moments which is just what you want in a musical. Sure a lot of it is nostalgia from the film but I was absolutely creased at certain moments.

Rob McClure is utterly fantastic. What a role he plays and he is rarely off stage the whole show, and when he is he’s probably quick changing!

The score is good, maybe a bit tame in parts but overall it services the story very well. The kids and Mir

Rebel Wilson - Broadway?  Dec 23 2019, 01:35:33 PM

I went to see her in Guys and Dolls in London. The show had been struggling to sell, but with Rebel in the cast it started selling well at full price again. I thought she was really good - certainly got the laughs!

& Juliet  Dec 1 2019, 08:29:55 AM

Isn't it great!!

I remember when it was announced I was very sceptical, but when the word of mouth was so good from Manchester I started to really look forward to it, and was blown away when I saw it.

Miriam was the Angelica understudy in the OLC of Hamilton - she was amazing in that role and is even more amazing here. And of course, West End royalty Cassidy Janson smashes it. 

London - Christmas  Nov 8 2019, 05:42:20 PM
Saw Soho Cinders yesterday afternoon - brilliant production, and one of the best scores around. Definitely one to see.

Also caught &Juliet on Weds, it’s such a great show, big production values and lots of fun.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.