Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ChgoTheatreGuy

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
Member Name: ChgoTheatreGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 19 2020, 05:57:30 PM

Gaga will NOT be starring in this show on Broadway.  She is touring next summer for her new album, I don't seriously that they will close a Broadway show down because its star is doing her other job that she has.  Rosie is a blowhard and is dying to be back in the spotlight, so she will say anything.  It sounds like a good idea in theory, but not in reality...

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 24 2020, 09:19:57 PM

Patti Labelle was supposed to have starred in a revival of "House of Flowers" that never materialized...

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 23 2020, 08:22:35 PM

The Wizard in "WICKED"!

1996 interview - Betty Buckley talks how she got 'Sunset Boulevard'  Apr 23 2020, 08:21:08 PM

Hearing the first two songs on Barbra Streisand's "Back to Broadway" CD, I felt that the lyrics perfectly described the "delusion" of the Norma Desmond character.  I bought tickets to a performance shortly after the show opened and felt somewhat underwhelmed.  The show seemed to be a live commercial for walking up and down the stairs and how often you can change your clothing and slowly go insane.  I enjoyed most of the staging, but in the end, the show

SOME LIKE IT HOT Musical to Have World Premiere in Chicago in 2021  Mar 9 2020, 06:28:03 PM

and "Victor, Victoria"!...

SOME LIKE IT HOT Musical to Have World Premiere in Chicago in 2021  Mar 9 2020, 05:42:33 PM

"The First Wives Club" and "The Cher Show" do not count as drag queen musical premieres in Chicago.  I think that "Sugar" would be the definitive version of "Some Like it Hot".  What will the new writers/lyricists bring to this show that the original people didn't?

RIP Mart Crowley  Mar 9 2020, 05:38:20 PM

I remember seeing the film for the first time on television in Cincinnati on a Saturday afternoon as a teen.  I was immediately drawn in by "something" that I hadn't yet figured out about myself.  The language and intensity really made me wonder that if when I got older if I would be as bitter and nasty as the people in the film.  I remembered watching the film almost every time that it came on TV, and then going to see the unedited version at my downtown rep thea

Remdiner Universal pushed back the film adaptation of Wicked for Cats  Dec 31 2019, 12:57:53 PM

I think that ditching half of the score to the show would be a major plus to the film.  After seeing the stage show numerous times, there are two many songs that were "bathroom break" songs for me.  The biggest issue that I observed was that most people thought that the show was another musical version of "The Wizard of Oz" and would leave at the intermission because they hadn't seen the Tin Man, Scarecrow or Lion.  My biggest worry about the film is cas

Jessica Lange - next Broadway role?  Nov 6 2019, 07:30:03 PM

Jessica Lange is one of my all-time favorite actresses.  She has said in interviews that she is by no means a singer.  I don't think that she would waste her time in musicals where she would overuse or potentially ruin her voice.  She could be a decent Madame Morrible in "Wicked", but really any other musical would be a waste.  She could potentially play Madame Thernardier in "Les Miserables"...

THE LITTLE MERMAID LIVE! Discussion Thread  Nov 6 2019, 07:22:21 PM

Damn!  How did I forget about "The Wiz".  Like I said, not every performance is memorable.

THE LITTLE MERMAID LIVE! Discussion Thread  Nov 6 2019, 04:34:31 PM

I would like to know why Queen Latifah is always to the go-to person for every television musical since "Chicago", "Hairspray" and now this...her performance was fine, but not anything out of the ordinary.  The whole show was just meh...

Jessica Lange - next Broadway role?  Nov 6 2019, 04:26:42 PM

Jessica would definitely be able to bring the dramatic intensity to Mama Rose, but she would never be able to sing that score.  Is it too early to think about another revival of "A Little Night Music"?...

If Julie Andrews hadn’t lost her voice  Oct 11 2019, 08:54:39 PM

I have been a HUGE fan of Julie Andrews ever since I was a small child, listening to "The Sound of Music" soundtrack when I was at my aunt's house every weekend.  When I finally got to see the film in 70s when it was re-released, I became hooked by how amazing she was.  I loved the film version of "Victor, Victoria" and was thrilled beyond belief when they announced that they would do the pre-Broadway engagement of the musical in Chicago.  I had balcony

Billy Porter - "Porgy and Bess"  Sep 23 2019, 07:18:42 PM

Now that Billy Poster is only an Oscar away from becoming an EGOT, does anybody think that he could win an Oscar from playing either the lead or Sportin' Life in a film remake of "Porgy and Bess".  I know that sad story about the making of the original film with Dorothy Dandridge and Sidney Poitier, but there are a lot of African-American actors and actresses that could make this remake amazing!...

"Freestyle Love Supreme" - what is it?...  Sep 13 2019, 06:09:07 PM

Miss Ellie, For your information, I have tried to find information about the show, even going to the website which tells you absolutely nothing about it...I feel that I am a very educated person when it comes to theatre, unfortunately there are times when I am stumped and doing research about proves useless...

Best Scene Changes  Sep 13 2019, 06:04:16 PM

I don't know if this has anything to do with "Best Scene Changes", but I remember when I saw the original tour of "La Cage Aux Folles" in Cincinnati, there was tremendous applause for almost all of the scene changes, especially the one toward the end for the "Chez Jacqueline" scene where "The Best of Times" is sung...the only other time was when the late Keene Curtis sang, "I Am What I Am"...

"Freestyle Love Supreme" - what is it?...  Sep 13 2019, 05:46:27 PM

I am very curious about the new show, "Freestyle Love Supreme".  Today on Facebook they claim that it is a hip-hop improv comedy show, will it also include Freestyle music performers?  Has anyone seen it yet?...

Barbra at The Garden  Aug 7 2019, 11:05:10 AM

Would have loved to have seen her again.  The last concert, "MUSIC/MEMORIES" had too many songs from the album, no guest stars and I was hoping for more of her hits.  I have always wanted to see her since "A Star Is Born" came out and she didn't disappoint!

Barbra at The Garden  Aug 2 2019, 10:27:58 PM

Seems very strange that MSG said that the concert would only be 90 minutes long.  When I saw her perform on the last tour, it was two acts and had an intermission.  I agree that StubHub has a good deal on tickets!

FOSSE/VERDON  Jul 29 2019, 04:10:19 PM

Forgive me for being very behind in this conversaton, but just finished watching the "NOWADAYS" episode and was wondering if Bob did indeed contact the media about Liza stepping in for Gwen when she had her surgery.  This show has changed my opinion of him, and not for the better.  I had no idea that he was that conniving and duplicitous.  This episode has been my favorite so far.  I know that it is very hard to create a show about a famous person when everyone k

You must log in to view off-topic posts.