Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for bwayboy22

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwayboy22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Jul 30 2020, 10:14:36 AM
Originally announced in the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/style/maureen-dowd-renee-fleming.html

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Jul 30 2020, 10:12:33 AM
Just announced for Fall 2022.

The opera was composed by Kevin Puts and will have its Metropolitan Opera debut in the fall of 2022. Fleming will take on the role of Clarissa Vaughan, played on screen by Meryl Streep, with O'Hara as Laura Brown (originated by Julianne Moore) and DiDonato as Virginia Woolf (for which Nicole Kidman won an Oscar).

https://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/fleming-ohara-didonato-the-hours-opera_91258.html

DELETE  Jul 30 2020, 10:12:32 AM

double post.

Nichols and May in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - 1980 Long Wharf Theatre Production  Jul 21 2020, 01:33:25 AM

Did anyone see this?

I just stumbled across a note about this 6 week run at The Long Wharf Theatre where Mike Nichols and Elaine May reunited as George and Martha with Swoosie Kurtz and James Naughton rounding out the cast. There doesn't seem to be much info out there on it, other than a few photos and just a general acknowledgment that it did happen.

Would love to hear some first hand accounts.

Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 30 2020, 04:54:38 PM

My out of the box idea for Tevye would be Taika Waititi, I think he has the makings for a really great and different kind of Tevye. 

I also love the idea of Jake Gyllenhaal, he'd be great in about 10 years. 

What about Mayim Bialik as Golde, she has so much heart and think she could be really great in a role like this. 

Barbra or Bette as Yente would be brilliant!

Cynthia Erivo / AIDA Revival  Mar 29 2020, 02:30:24 PM
I’ve been thinking this too, I doubt she would do Papermill and a subsequent tour, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of plausibility to think they could bring her in for the Broadway run.

No More Backstage Visits At Broadway Shows  Mar 6 2020, 04:55:14 PM
Is this in response to the corona virus or is this more of a permanent change due to other things?

Love Letters at the Acorn  Mar 5 2020, 06:42:18 PM
Was thinking about this recently and wondering the same thing! I hope it’s still on!

Is It Time For a Revival Of OUR TOWN?  Mar 2 2020, 04:19:28 PM
My first thought was, Laurie Metcalf could do this after Salesman, but you all are right if this has any chance at being commercially viable they need a huge name to make it an event. Morgan Freeman would be excellent. Also love the Ronan/Chalamet pairing. What about Meryl returning to Broadway after 40+ years away. This could have a great list of rotating stars as the stage manager if produced properly. Would love to see the Cromwell version.

Relatives in Musicals  Feb 23 2020, 04:44:31 PM

Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher in the 1973 revival of Irene! Debbie played the titular role while Carrie was in the chorus!

You can see a photo of them here.

PORGY & BESS Movie Remake in the works, Dee Rees to direct  Feb 11 2020, 03:58:36 PM
https://www.broadway.com/buzz/198394/porgy-and-bess-screen-remake-in-development-from-oscar-nominee-dee-rees/

This is exciting and unexpected! I cant imagine any big Hollywood names have the vocal talent to do this...

Audra McDonald and Bobby Cannavale To Star In STREETCAR at Williamstown  Feb 11 2020, 12:07:37 AM

Carla Gugino will co-star as Stella. Directed by Robert O'Hara.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Audra-McDonald-and-Bobby-Cannavale-To-Star-In-A-STREETCAR-NAMED-DESIRE-at-Williamstown-Theater-Festival-20200210

REALLY hoping to get to WTF to see this! 

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Feb 5 2020, 12:05:11 PM

nope 

OBC Hamilton Film to be released 10/15/21  Feb 3 2020, 12:04:23 PM

Cant believe this is already being released, but looking forward to seeing the OBC again.

Instagram Announcement

How Long Will POTO Run?  Jan 20 2020, 03:18:48 PM
If I remember correctly someone on here said POTO has no stop clause in its contract so it very well could go on forever or as long as RUG wants it to.

THE LAST SHIP - STING  Jan 18 2020, 10:26:37 PM

HSky said: "I saw the original twice on Broadway then saw the revised edition twice last year in Toronto. I personally preferred the original, which had more of a focus on Gideon's personal journey. The revised version focuses a bit more on the town of Wallsend."

Can you share about the changes a little more in depth? I also saw it twice in its original Broadway run and I absolutely loved it. I'm wondering whether to make the trip to DC to see it or just

MATILDA movie musical confirmed.  Jan 17 2020, 03:17:32 PM

nasty_khakis said: "I don't see why it wouldn't be a woman on screen.Gwendoline Christie, Miranda Hart are both over 6 ft tall so I doubt it would be that impossible."

I absolutely love the idea of Gwendoline as Trunchbull, absolutely inspired idea!

Idina Menzel a 'Go' for Funny Girl?  Jan 14 2020, 11:40:28 PM

I agree in thinking she's too old and that they're are much better choices (mine would be Mueller or Bonnie Milligan), but it seems that this won't be produced without someone that has star power, which after Frozen, Idina has.

Jerry Herman Tribute  Jan 13 2020, 10:32:38 PM

Was wondering this as well and how early should one plan on arriving? 

Broadway at the Oscars: A Quiz  Jan 12 2020, 09:20:04 PM

I made the same choice as well! I'm guessing the author of the quiz might've considered its best revival of a musical award akin to best musical

You must log in to view off-topic posts.