Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for JohnyBroadway

JohnyBroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: JohnyBroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Theatre Fanatic

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Diana going to Netflix  Aug 12 2020, 10:09:51 AM
In the article released by Broadway.com it says that they've worked closely with Actors Equity and it is believed that the cast will quarentine together. (ala NBA, Big Brother.)

What do we know about the BEAUTY & THE BEAST revival?  Aug 5 2020, 12:48:03 PM

The latest tour was produced by Networks and besides the original creative team featured little if no involvement with Disney Theatrical Productions. It was a registered production. Disney Theatrical Productions and the entertainment divison of the cruise line have always been seperate segments and I doubt that latest staging will have any influence to the new revival. However, I do think Evermore would be serviceable in Act 2. 

Why can non-eq tours play in houses/employ road cr that have IATSE members?  Jan 26 2020, 12:38:19 AM
Non AEA does not mean non-union. Most Non AEA tours/productions are still under other union contracts. It depends on the scope of the production and venue.

Martin Charnin has died  Jul 8 2019, 09:31:16 PM
It’s Martin Charnin who has died. Not Charles Strouse.

Usher Pay On Broadway  May 7 2019, 01:06:52 AM
I know that Disney hires externally for ushers at the new Amsterdam. Are they different compared to other houses?

Jeremy Jordon and Oklahoma  Jan 14 2019, 10:44:52 PM

Kinda strange to see Laura Osnes introducing this. Awhile back she talked badly about the 1997 TV production of Cinderella for adding a pop sound to the Cinderella score.

When was Carol Channing's last Dolly?  Oct 7 2018, 09:47:03 PM

The entire touring is on Youtube if you do a search. It's a hoot to watch

THE ROOM MUSICAL- Broadway  Sep 21 2018, 09:02:56 PM

Jacki Hoffman as Lisa's mom. 

Happy 75th Anniversary to OKLAHOMA!  Mar 30 2018, 03:11:06 PM
Speaking of Oklahoma, next month at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR will present the first ever LGBTQ adaptation of the show. Directed by Bill Rauch, the show has been creatively constructed to include gay and trans characters along with same sex relationships. The festival is known for taking risks, and I can’t wait to see what they do. I have my tickets for June.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Aug 1 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Michael Curry was the puppet designer for the cruise ship and theme park productions. And was billed with the creative teams for those productions. As of yeah He has not been billed with this creative team, if I'm not mistaken?

The Last Great Overture  May 16 2017, 12:48:07 PM

The overture for A christmas story and Cinderella were fun and enjoyable.

ABC is doing Little Mermaid  May 16 2017, 12:44:16 PM

Read the full description of the project! This will not be a fully staged live musical in the sense of NBC or FOX. This is simply a viewing of the animated film with live performances woven in via what they did last year at the Hollywood bowl. Yes, a live action adaptation will still be necessary.

Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording  May 12 2017, 03:35:31 PM

I still prefer the 1994 cast recording. It was much fuller and it's a lovely balance with the Orchestra and Performers. For instance, during Put On Your Sunday Clothes it feels like the ensemble is right there performing the piece with full choreography and in costume. This recording the song feels like a high school show choir gently performing the piece on risers. Not to mention the complete "I Put My Hand In."

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Apr 29 2017, 12:01:45 PM

Matt Doyle or Andy Jones for Freddy please!

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017  Dec 30 2016, 03:13:39 PM

I believe it's confirmed in the article that Casey Nicholaw is Director. I wish it was Jerry Mitchell

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 01:28:25 PM

I also think a lot of the success of Grease also goes to producer Marc Platt.  Perhaps NBC is missing Platt in the equation.

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2016, 01:24:37 PM

Kenny Leon really had no business directing Hairspray. He did a wonderful job with the wiz , but this required a director of much bigger caliber and innovation.  Plus the performance by baleo were inconsistent she was not Tracy. Also, I would've much preferred if they had William Ivy long recreate his original costume design for this production. A lot of Maddy's costumes were distasteful.

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Oct 28 2016, 01:42:27 AM

Do you think they'll use Let's Settle down for JLo?

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Oct 27 2016, 11:48:17 PM

Jackie Hoffman for Mae?

Kelli O'Hara to depart King and I April 17, Marin Mazzie joins cast May 3  Mar 26 2016, 11:47:05 PM

This is all speculation, but yesterday Ashley Park instagrammed a rehearsal pic from Disney Theatrical yesterday with Jason Gotay could she be departing the show soon and joining the cast of Aladdin? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.