Profile for FANtomFollies

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
Member Name: FANtomFollies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kiss Of The Spiderwoman Revival?  May 9 2020, 10:56:31 AM

I'm finding this show to be SUPER topical right now.....2 men trapped in a cell and using their imagination/desperation to conjure up a fantasy to help them 'escape'. Very relatable lately.

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Mar 9 2020, 11:13:03 AM

I think he looks great - does the mask/makeup look this polished in the actual show?

Joanna Riding sings Losing My Mind. Stunning!  Mar 9 2020, 10:14:13 AM

I think she does a great job, but this really makes me appreciate the last Broadway revival. Sometimes 'park and bark' really is the right choice.

Ben Crawford Phantom Vlog  Jan 16 2020, 09:32:27 AM

The internet has basically turned into people just hating on things, so I wonder if they were concerned about non-professional pictures showing too much detail / rough edges of the makeup. I love the makeup, but it is VERY theatrical and was created to be viewed from at least 15 feet away.

A great decade for Bernadette Peters  Jan 2 2020, 11:48:25 AM

Let's not forget to mention that she also created memorable characters on TV on 'The Good Fight' and even more so on "Mozart in the Jungle". She co-hosted on "Live! with Kelly" several times, and continues her incredible work on "Broadway Barks". 

Kiss Of The Spider Woman 25th Anniversary  Jan 1 2020, 10:43:41 AM

I would LOVE to see what Daniel Fish would do with this show.

West Side Story Seating Advice  Dec 28 2019, 04:26:14 PM

Please report back on your experience - I'm D110 in the orchestra and am scared about the height of the stage impacting my enjoyment

Hello Dolly starring Carolee Carmello  Dec 28 2019, 09:02:49 AM

Is there anywhere to see/hear clips of Carolee in the show? 

Isaac West Side Advice  Dec 28 2019, 08:59:18 AM

From Scott Rudin (the producer): "We're postponing two weeks - from February 6 to February 20 - ... so that he can have the same duration of preview playing period we've always had scheduled."

If you take that quote as fact, that would indicate that he would only be absent from the show for 2 weeks. Any more than that and he will not have the same duration of preview performances. 

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates  Dec 15 2019, 10:47:02 AM

I have tickets for Row D in the center. I'm 5'-10", do you guys think I'll have a problem with the view?

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:26:36 AM

The new trailers with 'Beautiful Ghosts' are making me hesitant to see the film. I find the song to be lyrically horrendous. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:23:05 AM

This looks like it will be amazing. I approve of virtually everything I see in the trailer, especially that 'dreamy' walking-up-buildings fantasy moment, I literally said 'wow' out loud. Also the busby berkely moment in the community pool - genius. 

I also LOVE the inclusion of DACA making it particularly relevant. I'll be surprised if they don't mention children in cages. 

This promises to be the best movie musical in a LONG t

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 11 2019, 04:56:04 PM

the poster is very 'meh' but I would think the 'final' poster and ads will be different and include the cast. Teaser looks good and can't wait to see the trailer.

Ron Leibman has died at 82.  Dec 7 2019, 09:17:15 AM

ghostlight2 said: ""Never on stage" -Tom5

"Um....he won a Tony award for Angels in America" -FANtomFollies

FANtomFollies, I'm pretty sure Tom5 was answering TotallyEffed's question:

My mistake - sorry!

Ron Leibman has died at 82.  Dec 7 2019, 08:39:36 AM

delete

Mrs. Doubtfire - Seattle Pre-Broadway Thoughts  Dec 6 2019, 05:58:31 AM

RippedMan said: "But when it comes to design, I do wonder how much of that is by the director/budget. I thought Pretty Woman might be the worst set I've seen on a Broadway stage. I saw it a few months before closing and it looked like it had been touring for years. It was just busted and clumsy and cheap.

War Paint, on the other hand, wasn't anything amazing, but it served the story, but also, maybe that's what they wanted? Maybe that's what the Goodman cou

Mrs. Doubtfire - Seattle Pre-Broadway Thoughts  Dec 5 2019, 05:59:37 PM

As a general note - Scenic Artists paint the sets, Scenic Designers design them.

"Cats" movie gets a thumbs down from "The View"  Dec 3 2019, 09:43:56 PM

This is why I hate talk shows. They love to hate on things, but then the next time Taylor Swift or Jennifer Hudson come on they'll pretend (or admit) that they love it. I would have to imagine at least one of the actors will make an appearance on The View in the coming weeks to promote this. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 3 2019, 08:18:17 AM

ggersten said: "Hooper said they did make alterations to the CGI after the July trailer release. He claims that trailer was using early footage and not the final CGI."

Do you have a link for this info? 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 1 2019, 03:56:42 PM

Any word on when the soundtrack will be released? Searched and couldn't find a date. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.