Profile for Wee Thomas2

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wee Thomas2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Toast of Broadway  Jun 4 2020, 09:36:33 AM

I'd rather see The Toast of London.

YES!

Most Surprising Broadway Actor  May 29 2020, 11:00:58 AM

Broadway61004 said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "Was it marketedas a stunt cast? If it was, that's got to be one of the strangest stunt casts I've ever heard of."

The marketing for that was Marisa Tomei, really. I mean, they also tried to hype up Tarantino's name a little bit, but it was really about Marisa Tomei making her Broadway debut. This was during the time Tarantino was focusing on being an actor, not so much a writer-director (he started taki

Most Surprising Broadway Actor  May 28 2020, 04:38:31 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "What movie stars/celebrities are you surprised have acted on Broadway before?

I was surprised to learn that Quentin Tarantino was in a revival of Wait Until Darkfor 12 weeks in the 90s (He wasn't well reviewed).
"

We saw this in Boston.  He was fine, the show wasn't very good

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 04:37:41 PM

In Yiddish, perhaps?

My nana will be verklempt!

Ruin a Broadway Musical by Changing One Letter  May 28 2020, 08:06:06 AM

Just picking Best Musical winners:

Hadestoon

Deer: Evan Hansen

Fun Dome

Kinky Boats

The Dook of Mormon

MemePhis

In The Weights

String Awakening

Jersey Goys (that might be good)

Nairspray

Cameo?  May 20 2020, 09:29:05 AM

https://www.cameo.com/browse/actors/broadway?page=3

Nice work if you can get it

Interesting to see how some of the prices have moved since they were posted on page 1 of this thread

Raves For Norm Lewis movie  May 19 2020, 03:46:13 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "If we had been in Cannes, Spike Lee’s “Da 5 Bloods” would have gotten a standing ovation last night at the Palais. Chadwick Boseman would have been the toast of the town, with lots of Oscar buzz.

“Da 5 Bloods” heavily features the Chambers Brothers’ great hit “Time Has Come Today” in the trailer. I hope they were paid very well.

"

Love that song.  It was my "

RIP Jerry Stiller  May 11 2020, 10:42:22 AM

Hopefully he has found serenity

WAITING FOR GUFFMAN  May 8 2020, 08:18:23 AM

Someone should get the rights to Red White and Blaine and put on a show!  I can see this doing well at Circle in the Square!

Favorite Curtains (/First-Impression Sets)?  May 6 2020, 02:45:56 PM

Urinetown has a really good atmosphere setting set/warmup

Park Avenue Armory not refunding service fees  May 5 2020, 03:48:16 PM

True.  But they likely paid the intermediary, so if they refund you they end up in the hole.

Not your fault the show canceled.  Not theirs either.

Buyer and Cellar Livestream  Apr 21 2020, 03:25:52 PM

We loved this show in NYC when Urie was in it, and adored it again last night and made a healthy donation.  We had forgotten enough of the details including the ending that it totally kept us glued to the screen

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 10 2020, 09:57:57 AM

viagalactica6 said: "Got Tu Go Disco

Via Galactica

In My Life

I was actually in the original cast of Via Galactica and I will be the first to tell you that it wasn't theeasiestshow to perform. We all knew by opening night that is was a flop! We were the first show to open the Gershwin Theater which was originally called The Uris Theater. The show's original title was UP but the producers changed it to Via Galactica because they didn&#

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 8 2020, 08:15:03 AM

It's not Moulin Rouge since I saw it in Boston, not on Broadway.  For B'way it would have to be the On A Clear Day You Can See Forever revival in 2011.

But if I saw MR on B'way it would be that

TIGER KING: THE MUSCAL  Mar 31 2020, 02:47:38 PM

Take my money, Alex

New McDonagh film  Mar 22 2020, 09:21:23 AM

I appreciate the corrections on the trilogies.  I still need to see Skull.

New McDonagh film  Mar 21 2020, 03:43:33 PM

Billed as the third in the Aran Islands trilogy (I thought Beauty Queen was the third?) Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are joining up again (after In Bruges) for The Banshees of Inisheer

After 40 Years, SHEAR MADNESS Will Close in Boston  Mar 14 2020, 08:51:11 AM

Wow.  Good "entry level theater" is an apt description of the show.  Boston Globe had a retrospective about it a few weeks ago on the 40th anniversary.  Is Blue Man Group next?  That's been here almost as long

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Feb 26 2020, 06:19:40 AM

Resort fees stink, it's a bold face cash grab.

That being said, for similar properties I'll always stay at the $200 hotel with a $25 resort fee over the $240 hotel with no fees.

It's all about the bottom line.  I don't care about how the property does their accounting.

Discount Codes  Feb 25 2020, 07:06:41 AM

Up to $50 off on Drive

HILTDFAF

You must log in to view off-topic posts.