Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for wonderwaiter

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
Member Name: wonderwaiter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love big stinky musicals. Give me Carrie over The Light In The Piazza any day of the week.

http://www.facebook.com/jody.walker

Well I can't tell you where I'm going, I'm not sure of where I've been
But I know I must keep travelin' till my road comes to an end
I'm out here on my journey, trying to make the most of it
I'm a puzzle, I must figure out where all my pieces fit

Like a poor wayfaring stranger that they speak about in song
I'm just a weary pilgrim trying to find what feels like home
Where that is no one can tell me, am I doomed to ever roam
I'm just travelin', travelin', travelin', I'm just travelin' on

Questions I have many, answers but a few
But we're here to learn, the spirit burns, to know the greater truth
We've all been crucified and they nailed Jesus to the tree
And when I'm born again, you're gonna see a change in me

God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain
Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain
Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening, keep me ever close to you
As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru

I'm just travelin', travelin', travelin', I'm just travelin' thru

Oh sometimes the road is rugged, and it's hard to travel on
But holdin' to each other, we don't have to walk alone
When everything is broken, we can mend it if we try
We can make a world of difference, if we want to we can fly

Goodbye little children, goodnight you handsome men
Farewell to all you ladies and to all who knew me when
And I hope I'll see you down the road, you meant more than I knew
As I was travelin', travelin', travelin', travelin', travelin' thru

I'm just travelin', travelin', travelin', I'm just travelin'
Drifting like a floating boat and roaming like the wind
Oh give me some direction, Lord. Let me lean on you
As I'm travelin', travelin', travelin', thru

Like the poor wayfaring stranger that they speak about in song
I'm just a weary pilgrim trying to find my own way home
Oh sweet Jesus if you're out there, keep me ever close to you
As I'm travelin', travelin', travelin', as I'm travelin' thru

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Traveling between Boston and NYC for shows  Oct 9 2019, 10:21:27 PM

I've recently moved to the Greater(ish) Boston area for work. I've enjoyed being able to get into Boston to see some tours and pre-Broadway tryouts, but I'd love to branch out and make day trips to NYC for shows as well.

I know from the posts here that quite a few of you travel from New York to Boston for matinees, and I would assume there is also a fair amount of people traveling from Boston to NYC for the same purposes. I would love to hear anything and everything about y

FAYE FIRED  Jul 24 2019, 09:07:02 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "“The producers of ‘Tea at Five’ announced today that they have terminated their relationship with Faye Dunaway,” spokesman Rick Miramontez said in a statement. “Plans are in development to have its West End debut early next year with a new actress to play the role of Katharine Hepburn.”

Keep those Boston Playbills, folks. These are now collectibles.
"

Now I wish I had been ballsy enough to gr

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?  Jul 23 2019, 03:44:57 PM

I still can't listen to the cast recording of [title of show] without crying. 

Playbill Binder Sleeves  Jul 15 2019, 06:43:24 AM

These are much less expensive and easier to find:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XKW45Q/?coliid=I3MLWFA8KVT34A&colid=XU5YB2JFEJ6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it 

BWW Boston Review: TEA AT FIVE  Jul 7 2019, 12:01:59 AM

I can't deny that any of all of this is true, but I still feel warmly about my whole experience today. I certainly never got bored. I have a feeling it'll be one of those performances I continue to talk about for years to come. 

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 28 2019, 10:58:00 PM

Before this thread reaches the fifth page can someone, ANYONE, give us an update on the things that really matter? What is the show curtain, merch, and stage door like for this show? 

Asking because I'm a SERIOUS theater aficionado. 

Too raunchy to wear for a show?  Apr 28 2019, 09:11:08 PM

JSquared2 said: "If you have to ask a bunch of strangers if your outfit is inappropriate, then it probably is."

If you're uptight enough to ask a bunch of strangers if your outfit is inappropriate, then it probably isn't. 

Fascinating NERDS article in THR  Apr 12 2019, 05:55:40 PM

"There was one glitch in Levin's plan to bring Nerds to the Great White Way, however: The rights to the play belonged to Vicki Halmos, a Palm Beach socialite who mounted Waiting for Guffman-like productions of Miss Saigon and other shows in South Florida." 

I would give several internal organs to see that. 

The night a baby skunk stopped HELLO, DOLLY!  Apr 3 2019, 06:18:04 PM

Thank you for sharing this. That was a delightful read! 

As If MAMMA MIA Wasn't Already Horrible Enough  Oct 20 2014, 10:42:51 PM
There's no way this can be neutral-positive information. Everyone who connects to wifi at a theater is going to use it during every moment of the show while eating crunchy snacks and taco-farting. There's no other possible alternative. Everything is terrible. Panic, outrage, etc.

The Lights NEED To Be Dimmed For Joan Rivers  Sep 9 2014, 10:39:07 PM
"LOL...oh please. Joan used to bash gays all the time. She was a racist and has been caught many times in her career bashing minorities, gays, etc. Her being a Republican doesn't surprise me at all. She was a natural born bully...she fits in well with the GOP"

I'll give you an E for effort, but you're far too late to this game to earn any metriculated credit. #TrollProgressReports

iluvtheatertrash, thank you for that link. I couldn't be there so I had been waiting to see

Schoolhouse Rock LIVE  Aug 27 2014, 11:05:34 PM
When I did this show we had to work from the original TV versions, but I don't remember it being a very difficult transition at all. (Granted, this was 1998.)

Your mileage may vary, but it's the most fun show I've ever been a part of and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Miss Saigon and racism  Jul 20 2014, 09:52:03 PM
Haterobics, I think that's a fairly interesting and noteworthy point, given the fact that we had actual Asian-Americans contributing to the discussion and a cabal of Caucasian Western European Males trying to drown them out. But whatevs.

Miss Saigon and racism  Jul 18 2014, 09:22:14 PM
"your view on the premise is a bit cynical and even potentially offensive to many westerners"

Is this real life?

Miss Saigon and racism  Jul 17 2014, 10:51:41 PM
Sally, I was not referring specifically to you, but rather to an overarching mindset I was witnessing in a (surprisingly, unsettlingly large) number of other posters.

Miss Saigon and racism  Jul 17 2014, 10:22:33 PM
Thank goodness we had some white men on hand to explain racism to the Asians. Otherwise this thread might have gotten awkward.

The Official Adele Dazeem Appreciation Thread  Mar 3 2014, 12:55:18 AM
"If he wanted to prove he wasn't gay, he shouldn't have started his speech by talking about how much he loves musicals."

What he meant to say was, "There will always be a special place in my heart for BATHHOUSES", but the teleprompter read "movie musicals" and he got all discombobulated.

Patti LuPone As A Ghost in Long Lost Musical Set In A Laundromat (1984)  Jan 15 2014, 06:55:59 PM
That's good to know. Thanks!

(But now my inner cataloger is just dying to know how that ended up in the bib record.)

Patti LuPone As A Ghost in Long Lost Musical Set In A Laundromat (1984)  Jan 15 2014, 06:35:36 PM
In the NYPL listing for this it says:

"This pro-shot video, filmed for TV, reunites the 1979 cast of the Off-Broadway musical of the same name."

I can't find any info about an Off-Broadway run. Does anyone know anything about that?

Che in Evita  Oct 1 2013, 02:13:25 AM
Except that your exact words were,

"The character written by Tim Rice was supposed to be a working class Everyman, one of the descamisados (shirtless workers) who formed the political base of Peronism.

The interpretation of Che as Che Guevara was a very specific directing choice of Hal Prince."

It was not. The interpretation of Che as Che Guevara was a very specific writing choice by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice when they were constructing the show. It was inherent

You must log in to view off-topic posts.