Profile for TheQuibbler

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
Member Name: TheQuibbler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tickets Refunds  Mar 26 2020, 01:14:20 PM
I haven’t heard back from BAM yet regarding Lungs. I emailed them at the start of the week. Anyone else?

Broadway to Close?  Mar 16 2020, 05:55:27 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "TheQuibbler said: "Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I was little unclear about the language in the article: will tickets bought at the box office be automatically refunded?"

Standard practice is to refund purchases made with credit cards automatically (this can take a few days, especially with such a large volume of them to process right now). If you bought them in person and paid cash you'll need to contact the

Broadway to Close?  Mar 16 2020, 05:18:07 PM
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I was little unclear about the language in the article: will tickets bought at the box office be automatically refunded?

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020  Feb 25 2020, 09:41:27 PM
The full cast was in tonight.

FUN HOME Film Adaptation  Jan 2 2020, 08:44:26 PM

JBroadway said: "I’m not sure if Ellen Page can sing, but she’d be a perfect Medium Alison."

Ellen Page will be 33 next month.

Hopes for Spielberg West Side Story  Dec 15 2019, 09:47:51 AM

Tony2600 said: "I hate how slick and "Hollywood" he made Schindler's List."

Schindler's List came out over 25 years ago, surely you realize how one's directorial style can change in that time. 

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 9 2019, 02:53:48 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "
This musical while well designed- does not capture the charm of Spongebob and the show.

...Ultimately I get why it didn’t last. It didn’t make MY generation that grew up with Spongebob love it and feel nostalgic and that was a big flaw.

The people who enjoyed it are all people who didn’t really care for Spongebob so they can appreciate it on its own merit. Which, great but I think when they turn off both Spongeb

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2019, 09:24:29 AM

ggersten said: "This article discusses how the cuts were made -Lots of Stuff - but Also Landau Explains Cuts"I always felt like the Broadway version was too long, but I didn't know how to get those minutes before we opened," Landau said. "I was so happy with how we ended up doing it because rather than cutting any

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 7 2019, 10:12:31 PM

VotePeron said: "...and the 15 minutes of material they cut from the original broadway show for time throughout the evening was done seamlessly. "

What did they cut? I saw the show three times but didn’t really notice too many differences, aside from a missing verse in “Poor Pirates.”

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 7 2019, 09:52:16 PM

My favorite tweet of the night. 

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 7 2019, 07:28:08 PM
Enjoying it so far! I appreciate that the camera work is pretty straightforward, not a lot of frenetic cuts and movement. The spotlight work is a little off, though.

The Inheritance - Previews  Nov 13 2019, 10:47:39 AM

This may have been answered earlier, but in regards to the ending of Part 1...

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Does anyone know who those extra actors are? Are they actually members of the company or are they from a program? Very curious about this as it seems a lot of extra people to pay on a weekly basis.

Cynthia Erivo EGOT  Nov 1 2019, 04:35:45 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "I have a hard time seeing Erivo even getting nominated for Lead Actress for Harriet. The reviews are not great. And there are essentially 4 slots already sewn up in that category: Charlize Theron, Saoirse Ronan, Renee Zellweger, and Scarlett Johansson. Barring some shocking omission, that leaves one slot up for grabs and most pundits have Akwafina and Alfre Woodard battling over it, with a few opting for Lupita Nyong'o.

If Erivo does get n

Fired Color Purple actress sues for religious discrimination  Sep 29 2019, 03:14:07 PM
I won’t be able to articulate this as succinctly as I would like, but what’s interesting to me is obviously one can have religious views and not be homophobic but someone will have to prove that she was fired due to her religious beliefs separate of her homophobic remarks. And yet it seems she’s almost conflating them to be one and the same as if homophobia is part of her religious identity and she was then fired for that identity.

SIP - What happened?  Sep 20 2019, 02:10:46 PM
Darn, I miss seeing what the cast of Oberlan Valley High School’s production of The Little Mermaid, Jr. are doing during intermission.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 17 2019, 07:34:33 PM

brian1973 said: "Also it has to be said that Scott Rudinreally knows how to promote these shows with class. Yes, it’s the same vintage feel as Dolly with the advertising, but it’s stylish and classy."

God, I hated the Dolly TV spots. 

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical to premiere in Chicago, summer 2020  Sep 17 2019, 01:49:17 PM
For me, if you remove Meryl Streep from the equation, you’re not left with much to hang onto. Andy isn’t a particularly compelling character and much of the drama involving her boyfriend and friends is forced. Streep is what elevated the film to success (with some assist from Blunt and Tucci), so I’m having trouble picturing this property without her; what’s the point?

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 14 2019, 12:15:01 PM
Pricing aside, the thing that I find most egregious is how they only gave you three of the most expensive options for those who waited in queue right at 8am and then roughly an hour later, opened up all of the available seats at various (and mostly lesser) prices. It’s almost as if they were punishing the early birds.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 14 2019, 10:20:21 AM

I managed to call and exchange my $279/each tickets to $159/each tickets after explaining the situation with the seating chart opening up. It took about 50 minutes on the phone/hold but I think it was worthwhile. 5 rows isn’t worth $120/ticket more.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 14 2019, 08:02:22 AM

40 minute wait time for me, #2431. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.