Profile for BroadwayGirl107

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayGirl107
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAITRESS at A.R.T. Theard  Jul 31 2015, 11:38:11 PM

I have tickets for Sunday. HUGE Sara Bareilles fan. I'm nervous!

Pop Composer Walter Afanasieff to Write Musical with Idina Menzel  Jul 13 2015, 12:03:28 AM

As much as I'd love for Idina to star in a musical she co-wrote, that's not the impression I got from what he said. 

Plus, given the potential TV show she's looking to start and knowing the long road to bringing a musical into fruition, we'll see what happens. 

There are other composers I'd more excited about to write Idina's next gig, though. Jeanine Tesori, I'm looking at you. 

GROUNDED  Apr 28 2015, 01:44:22 AM

"why would it be a lock to transfer if it can't even fill a small theatre?"

You could have asked the producers of "Passing Strange" that as well. I guess sometimes people just believe in a piece?

I also don't think a limited run on Broadway of a show starring Anne Hathaway with what I imagine is a pretty low running cost would struggle TOO hard to make a profit. 

GROUNDED  Apr 27 2015, 01:24:00 AM

I'd think that is reliant on Hathaway's schedule. 

Final If/Then Show  Mar 24 2015, 01:21:39 AM
"It's amazing she doesn't have nightmares about it."

Now, are you SURE she doesn't?

In my experience, Idina is unnecessarily patient and accommodating to fans who are needy and pushy, and engaging, heartfelt, and generous with those who just want to show her genuine appreciation.

Sidenote: I don't ask for selfies, but I get the appeal. What I don't understand is autog

Idina Menzel dyes her hair blonde  Mar 20 2015, 12:45:30 AM
I saw her yesterday and noticed some serious highlights and was about to ask if she had this up her sleeve. It looks good! I also want to see a better picture though.

A MONTH IN THE COUNTRY at Classic Stage Company  Mar 1 2015, 12:52:23 PM
"The rumors ended up being quite true about Taylor. It was noted by several people that she has sometimes skipped out on the signings. I even heard one fan say that she had now missed Taylor twice. Clearly she was not interested tonight. Peter is the man though."

I gotta say, when I went, I had the opposite experience. Schilling stopped and tools pictures/talked with/signed for whoever wanted, and Dinklage ran away. Even saw a fan go up to him to ask for a picture and he just kept walki

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Jan 31 2015, 11:26:19 PM
I've always thought Julia Murney would really be one of the only other people who'd really make this role a knockout like Idina did.

Eden Espinosa would sound nice, but I think she just seems too youthful.

A MONTH IN THE COUNTRY at Classic Stage Company  Jan 17 2015, 01:15:31 AM
Saw this tonight, and had such a wonderful time. Thought the cast overall was great; Peter Dinklage, as expected, is fantastic, but I was really taken with Taylor Schilling. She's charming and natural onstage and so very different from her Orange is the New Black role, while still maintaining those qualities that make her so special on that show.

Just let it go  Jan 3 2015, 06:59:54 PM
Namo! <3

Just let it go  Jan 3 2015, 12:28:21 AM
Interesting that most other artists who have also experienced the challenges of performing 8 shows a week or in high-pressure situations are jumping to Menzel's defense, and the people tearing her apart lack that experience. Coincidence?

Just let it go  Jan 2 2015, 09:37:45 PM
Oh, there are so many faceless people sitting in front of their computer screens who never put themselves out there in their LIVES on this board, and it's depressing that every time I come back to these boards, it seems to be the same sorry souls.

I wish Idina hit the note. I wish she hit every note every night just PERFECTLY, but she doesn't. It's reality, folks! Whomp whomp. But for every singer known or hardly known that we could list that would have sang it "better" (i.e. maybe pos

Idina Menzel arm wrestles Ethel Merman (in her prime)  Jun 28 2014, 03:30:40 PM
I mean, Idina BOXES to stay in shape...

So... Kristen Chenoweth really should have won the Tony for Wicked (not Idina)  Jun 25 2014, 11:55:13 PM
First of all, I agree that Caroline or Change is a damn near perfect musical, and Tonya Pinkins was unreal.

I also think that in art, awarding the "best" anything can be absurd at times, particularly in a season so rich with great performances by leading ladies, as the 2004 season was. I'm not sure any of the women nominated were BETTER than the others, to me they all breathed unique life into their respective roles, and all were worth celebrating.

But with award shows, votes

If/Then Stage door  Jun 25 2014, 11:41:32 PM
^I had friends who wanted to stage door for Idina one night after we saw the show, so I waited off to the side, far from the crowd and witnessed pretty much just what you described. One couldn't possibly "meet" Idina under the circumstances. It was just a crazy mob yelling and pushing, and Idina speeding through the crowd, signing whatever was shoved in her face, and then people running down the street after her car. It was like a boy band hysteria.

I really think Idina is just trying

So... Kristen Chenoweth really should have won the Tony for Wicked (not Idina)  Jun 25 2014, 09:28:35 PM
*sigh*

Ridiculousness at If/Then Stage Door Last Night  Jun 24 2014, 01:21:34 AM
"Moral of the story: next time, go to the stage door on crutches or a wheelchair to get noticed."

Oh goodness, I know you are joking, but I can just SEE someone actually doing this.

The reality of the stage door situation is that you're all there waiting for someone who, at this point in her career, has a whiole LOT of people who want her attention. Those who want her autograph at the stage door are very lucky she spends as much time as she does giving back t

If/Then Stage door  Jun 23 2014, 01:59:06 AM
Well, I know no one's going to pitch a tent, but I'm more referring to waiting for her before the show at all.

If/Then Stage door  Jun 23 2014, 01:27:32 AM
"If you want to see them that bad, pitch a tent outside the stage door and wait until they come in."

Um yeah, don't do that. Don't wait for her while she's on her way into work. Asshole move...I'd be surprised if she stopped to talk to people who did that.

How much do broadway performers get paid per performance?  Jun 18 2014, 04:04:29 AM
Just want to point out that in addition to union fees (2.25% of salary) and taxes, most Broadway performers lose around 25% of their salary in commission to their agents & managers. If they only have an agent, it's 10%, but if they have both and you factor in the other deductions, actors are probably actually walking with half of they money they are getting paid.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.