Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for nealb1

nealb1 Profile Photo
Member Name: nealb1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 2 2020, 07:03:34 PM

Thanks for all your advice on Netflix.  Yes, my tv is an old one - a box tv, that I purchased in 2000 at Circuit City.   My cable provider is AT&T U-Verse and it would have to be added and my monthly bill would increase as my current internet speed is probably too slow.  Since my tv is old, the rep that I spoke to wasn't sure if it would work.  

I would love to get a flat panel tv, but would have no idea on how to install it and connect my dvr

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 1 2020, 06:17:34 PM

Jordan, yes I could sign up for it.  I would want to watch it on my television set.  Not my computer.  I'm old fashioned that way.  Ha, ha.  

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Sep 30 2020, 05:04:54 PM

Wish I had Netflix.  I saw the show 2 years ago in New York and didn't care for it.  Would like to give it a 2nd chance.  The documentary sounds really good.  

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Sep 2 2020, 06:08:11 PM

Saw the play 2 years ago in New York.  Was really looking forward to it as I had never seen the original movie and really didn't know that much about it.  

Very, very talented cast.  The play itself, I didn't like at all.  Wasn't my cup of tea.

It's so wonderful that the cast is able to recreate their roles again for this version.  That hardly ever happens when plays are adapted for the big screen.  Or, in this case

Loading out in progress at the August Wilson  Sep 1 2020, 11:28:15 AM

BrodyFosse123, perfectly said.  

‘Musical Misfires’ eBook about 1989-present day flops now available  Aug 26 2020, 05:21:16 PM

Looks like a wonderful read.  Just wish it was an actual book.  

Would you pay extra to stage door  Aug 20 2020, 12:22:35 PM

BrodyFosse123, perfectly said!  Beautiful!

“ West Side Story: The Making of the Steven Spielberg Film” book to be released Dec. 1  Aug 20 2020, 12:20:03 PM

Thanks for the info on the new book.  I just pre-ordered it.  

CAROL WAS ROBBED  Aug 6 2020, 01:33:55 PM

Yes, WM went bye bye in 2008.  

Musicals due for a revival  Aug 6 2020, 01:16:38 PM

Robert Lindsay was a brilliant Bill Snibson.  Saw him multiple times in the show - here in LA and in New York.  As far as the score being mediocre, I've never thought that at all.  You walk out of the theatre feeling a whole hell of a lot better than when you walked in.

It was a huge hit, that opened during the middle of the 80's mega musical cycle of Broadway.  It was your "typical" musical comedy, that was so hysterically funny.  The boo

Musicals due for a revival  Aug 4 2020, 06:24:24 PM

"Me & My Girl"
"Mame" starring Catherine Zeta-Jones.  Jerry Herman said numerous times she would be perfect
"Funny Girl" 

As far as it being unspoken that FG can't be revived during her lifetime, that couldn't be the case as it was to have been revived on Broadway back in 2012 starring Lauren Ambrose.  Funding was pulled before the show went into rehearsal in Los Angeles before its LA engagement.  Barbra d

Alan Menken is a  Jul 28 2020, 02:20:35 PM

When Barbra received her special Tony Award, she was under no obligation to do another Broadway show.  It was an award, not a bargaining chip.  Then the same can be said of many other Tony winners after they have received their Tony.  

Why the hate for moulin rouge  Jul 28 2020, 11:56:53 AM

I've seen the show twice - August of last year right after it opened, and in January this year.  Loved very moment of it.  Thought it was fabulous!

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 03:08:18 PM

Theatrefanboy1, no that wouldn't happen.

Broadway performers who could hold a residency  Jul 21 2020, 01:30:06 PM

Hugh's 10 week run at The Broadhurst was fantastic!  In addition to seeing it in NYC, saw it the summer before in San Francisco, when the show played there, before going to New York.  Then saw the show again when he performed at The Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, raising money for the MPTF benefit.

In 2001, Linda Eder did a 5 night run at The Gershwin Theatre.  She was fantastic, as always.

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 01:11:43 PM

Yes, I am very aware of the history of STAR.  The pic that BrodyFosse posted, I remember when it first went online a number of years ago.  So many were convinced that it must have meant that Barbra & Lady Gaga were going to do an album together, a movie together, etc.  It was a dinner party with John Travolta, his wife Kelly, Ryan Murphy and LG.  Nothing more.  

Then the same people who insist that it was to have meant something, get mad when nothi

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 12:50:33 PM

This rumor has been around for almost 2 years.  It first started right before "A Star Is Born" was released.  Very strange mindset that because Lady Gaga did the same role that Barbra did in STAR, that's she's somehow, "supposed" to do other Barbra roles.  Makes no sense at all. 

Actors who revived their starring roles on Broadway?  Jul 17 2020, 05:46:28 PM

Seeing Yul B as The King of Siam in the 80's, was one of the most memorable theatre experiences I've ever had.  It was not cringey at all.  Not at all.  

He was a legend.  

Questions about the 1999 revival  Jul 16 2020, 11:58:34 AM

Yes, BP was specifically picked to star in the revival.  She was wonderful.  I did see Reba, and she was just so good.  She was perfect in the role.  She had the charm, spunk and vulnerability for Annie Oakley.  Both ladies were fantastic.  

Did Kevin Anderson get fired from Sunset Blvd with Patti Lupone?  Jul 13 2020, 06:41:07 PM

GavestonPS, yes those lyrics are referring to her vast real estate empire that she has.  After all, how could she afford to live at 10086 Sunset Blvd if she didn't have any income coming in?   It's a wonderful lyric that further explains Norma's rich, extravagant lifestyle, and how she is able to still be "relevant" in her mind.  

In the show she does tell Joe that she'll open up the house in Malibu for the 2 of them, as well. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.