Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for goldenboy

goldenboy Profile Photo
Member Name: goldenboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SAG-AFTRA Locked In Dispute With Actors’ Equity Over Taping Of Live Theater  Oct 13 2020, 04:52:21 PM

Leave it to the miss management of Mary McCall of Actors Equity (who has a salary of 400,000 per year)

to screw actors over. She's been doing that since she's been elected head of equity. 

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?  Oct 13 2020, 04:47:35 PM

Today The Unsinkable Molly Brown Movie Soundrack

Six... 

Sweet Charity.

And the Tony Almost Went to...  Oct 13 2020, 04:46:26 PM

Sweet Talented Man.

Rip

George Rose in My Fair Lady  Jul 25 2020, 12:43:31 AM

Well i did see this production

I don't remember Ian Richardson. I don't even remember who played Eliza. But i do remember George Rose being a revelation. he was an an amazing performer!!

Yes he should have been supporting but he was memorable in anything  he was in.

CEO of Equity Salary $400,000 while 99% of actors equity now unemployed  Jul 9 2020, 10:22:12 PM

I just learned that Mary McColl's salary as the CEO of Actors Equity is $400,000 per year. I'm sorry but that seems awfully high especially when 99% of our union is unemployed.

Opinions about JUDY  Oct 5 2019, 03:22:09 PM

Loved Rene Zellweiger in it. She really pulled it off. Much better than End of the Rainbow which was tragic. I think this was  more truthful

See if for Zellweiger's performance. Uncanny. Some missteps for example: Lorna has blue eyes and the young lady who played her had brown eyes. The young Judy wasn't the best find but she was fine. Liza did not look like Liza. However they nailed Joey Luft!!

See it. A stunning performance by Zellweige

Opinions about JUDY  Oct 5 2019, 03:22:03 PM

Loved Rene Zellweiger in it. She really pulled it off. Much better than End of the Rainbow which was tragic. I think this was  more truthful

See if for Zellweiger's performance. Uncanny. Some missteps for example: Lorna has blue eyes and the young lady who played her had brown eyes. The young Judy wasn't the best find but she was fine. Liza did not look like Liza. However they nailed Joey Luft!!

See it. A stunning performance by Zellweige

Brilliant Understudy experience. Sara Shepherd in Beautiful  Sep 3 2019, 11:33:55 PM

That what i was told. First or not.. She was STELLAR!!!!

Brilliant Understudy experience. Sara Shepherd in Beautiful  Sep 3 2019, 11:24:39 PM

I first saw Beautiful back in February of 2014. When I found out it was closing, I decided to take a second look. I went tonight: Tuesday Sept 3.

There were two understudies on.  One for Carol  King and one for Gerry Goff. I thought oh geez this is gonna be an odd night. Often understudies are lackluster and bad carbon copies to the leads.

Not this time.

What an amazing surprise. I have never heard of Sara Shepherd before  but sh

Audition Songs for Meg Boyd from Damn Yankees?  Aug 8 2019, 04:47:56 PM

I'll know  from  Guys and Dolls

No Other Love from Me and Juliet

Road Show coming to Encores! Off-Center  Jul 26 2019, 12:47:31 PM

So I've had a night to digest this thing and I have further thoughts.

Encores have given us Broadway ready confections such as Brigadoon and Gentleman Prefer Blondes. I went home on a high after those.

Conversely I have had to suffer through Irma La Douce, Promendade, High Button Shoes and now Road Show.

So back to Road Show. The fault is not Sondheim's although the score does seem like derivative Sondheim with the exception of "The Best Thing that ever happe

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?  Jul 26 2019, 12:41:16 AM

American Psycho.. was great and original 

Bonnie and Clyde

Mail

Honeymoon In Vegas

Celebration

Henry Sweet Henry

Breaking: New Version of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, EVITA, MACK & MABEL & More Set for NY City Center's 2019-20 Season  Jul 26 2019, 12:32:18 AM

After seeing spectacular producions of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Brigadoon at Encores,  I must say the last three outings at Encore were substandard.  And why the heck are they doing Thoroughly Modern Millie when there are so many unseen shows worthy of being seen?

High Button Shoes, except the Keystone Ballet was a major disappointment with a miscast Harrison Floy. Promenade, a cast album I have adored for years was directed so oddly that I couldn't wait for the

Road Show coming to Encores! Off-Center  Jul 26 2019, 12:06:15 AM

This is the third Encores show in a row that I found an absolute snooze fest. I think I'm going to pick and choose more carefully in the future.

First High Button Shoes with a miscast Michael Urie, than the painful production of Promenade and this very dull boring production of Road Show.

The biggest problem with Road Show is that you don't care a lick about the main characters.  One is a thief/ crook/ gambler ne'er do well and the other is a mommas boy. They go

Last show in NYC  Jul 12 2019, 11:58:21 PM

Ain't too Proud... best musical of the season (in my humble opinion) 

Fiddler in yiddish

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  Jul 12 2019, 11:54:20 PM

A movie about Judy Garland.

Hmm/ Some mmillenials don't even know who Judy is.  They never experiencesd the magic of her singing.

Couldn't the movie have the decency to educate the younger generation using the original vocals? Who wants to hear Zellweger sing when t there are Judy recordings.

Sorry. You don't make a  movie about Sammy Davis Jr. with Sammy Singing.And you definitely DO NOT make a movie about Judy Garland-- a incomparabl

Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?  Jul 10 2019, 10:54:54 PM

Thank Goodness someone interesting is replacing Betty Buckley. Betty was a big disappointment in the show. No humor whatsoever.

Carolie Carmello Rocks!

Having seen the wonderful Bernadette, Bette and Donna.. Betty was a big let down. 

Promenade @ Encores  Jul 10 2019, 10:52:29 PM

I discovered the original cast recording in 1970 ish. I've love the score and the lyrics are a hoot. I was so excited to finally see a production of it. The cast album is so odd and unusual and I always imagined it was going to be a fascinating hoot.

Unfortunately, the show in my head was way better than what I experienced at Encores tonight. It was a mess. I always thought Only One Naked Lady If staged right would blow us away. Unfortunately, that song lie there like an unfun

What if shows hiked up prices last minute instead of discounting?  Jul 8 2019, 10:47:10 AM

Why don't you keep this idea to yourself.

With Hadestown and Ain't Too Proud tickets for going over $200..... do we really need this idea?

Ticket prices are already too damn high. 

Jeremy Pope's final performance in AIN'T TOO PROUD: Sunday 7/7/19  Jul 8 2019, 10:42:23 AM

Just learned that Jelani Remy is taking over the Eddie Kendrix role from Jeremy Pope. Jelani really stood out in a supporting role in  Ain't Too Proud and nearly stopped the show.

The part is in great hands. And yesterday was the first time I experienced both Jelani Remy and Jeremy Pope!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.