Profile for borlechristian

Member Name: borlechristian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where to find full length plays?  Jun 29 2020, 08:53:39 AM
So, I'm a theatre kid who loves musicals, but does not know much of plays.

I was hoping to ask you guys if you knew any websites or apps where you could read full length plays?

Thanks!

Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Jun 18 2020, 07:07:55 PM
For me, I've been watching shows on Broadwayhd, reading more, listening to records from my record player, and preparing for my dream high school

I've been watching lots of stuff on Broadwayhd, mostly I've been watching the show that goes wrong. I saw the play that goes wrong a year ago, and god, it was the funniest thing ever. I've also been rewatching falsettos alot. It just is such an amazing show

I've been trying to read more lately. I'm an avid reader, but I haven't actuall

Opinion on cats  Jun 11 2020, 01:46:50 PM
I don't know if this is already on discussion, but I've seen sooo many people who hate cats, and think it's weird

Personally I think it's a very interesting show, and has some wonderful song

What are your opinions on cats?

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jun 10 2020, 09:45:02 PM
I know there's probably already been a thread on unpopular theatre opinions, but I want to see some unpopular opinions, and see if I agree with them.

For my unpopular musical opinion, I've seen a lot of people say "Lin Manuel Miranda is bad at singing" but I honestly think he just has a voice that is different, so people don't care for it. If you've listened to his rendition of "green green dress" from tick tick... Boom, then you know he can sing

Share your opinions!!

Theater(re) Chat  Jun 10 2020, 09:38:52 PM
The latest theatre I went to was the majestic theatre in San Antonio. If you have been there, it is gorgeous! The architecture is amazing. It's so amazing to look at, and when you look up towards the roof it's a mix of blues and purple-ish, and it's honestly so beautiful. The first show I saw was the play that goes wrong, and it was the funniest thing ever. I saw dear Evan Hansen on December, which was the last show I saw

Theater(re) Chat  Jun 10 2020, 09:38:54 PM
The latest theatre I went to was the majestic theatre in San Antonio. If you have been there, it is gorgeous! The architecture is amazing. It's so amazing to look at, and when you look up towards the roof it's a mix of blues and purple-ish, and it's honestly so beautiful. The first show I saw was the play that goes wrong, and it was the funniest thing ever. I saw dear Evan Hansen on December, which was the last show I saw

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 07:55:52 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "I'm a young theatre fan (and MT major in college), and I have to say the most significant difference between now and then is that there's a lot more writing high notes for the sake of high notes, instead of it being driven by character insight or moving the plot forward. I know the tweens love Mean Girls and Heathers, but they are almost glorified belting competitions. That's just my opinion, though. There have been several great new musicals in the

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 03:47:17 PM
I looked at some of his stuff on his profile. Seems like a troll, or some grumpy old man.

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 03:25:20 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh, god. I fear you’ve just summoned After Eight.

"

Don't know who or what after eight is. Kinda scared

Older theatre fans: what's your opinion on new Broadway?  Jun 7 2020, 02:38:48 PM
Hello! I'm a young theatre fan, and I've been venturing into listening to older musicals from the 60s, 50s etc. I've noticed many, many differences from musicals these days (Beetlejuice, Hamilton, mean girls, etc) to older musicals (Mame, guys and dolls, damn Yankees, etc)

What are your opinions on it? Do you think new Broadway is good or bad?

Anyways I can watch musicals/plays anywhere?  Jun 5 2020, 10:44:18 AM
Thanks! I have Broadwayhd. Honestly, even though I've seen a lot of people who hate on Broadwayhd, I really like it

Anyways I can watch musicals/plays anywhere?  Jun 4 2020, 09:49:45 PM

Hello I am a bored theater geek obviously, and I just wanted to ask if you guys knew any websites, YouTube stuff, etc where I can watch musicals/plays?

I already know about the shows must go on, but is there any websites or YouTube channels that have musicals or plays?

What musical is said to be unpopular and obscure, but actually isn't?  May 20 2020, 09:52:01 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "borlechristian said: "What show is said to be unpopular and obscure, but actually isn't that obscure

I'm using these responses for musical research
"

I feel like Be More Chill could count. It's popular in younger circles and is pretty well-known, but only lasted a few months on Broadway and was only nominated for 1 award. So on this board it's definitely pretty unpopular, but it's well kno

What was the worst song you used for an audition?  May 20 2020, 09:31:09 PM

What was the worst song you used for an audition?

For me, it would be pulled from the addams family for summer in school of rock, but i did get summer so yeah.

What musical is said to be unpopular and obscure, but actually isn't?  May 20 2020, 09:22:55 PM

What show is said to be unpopular and obscure, but actually isn't that obscure

I'm using these responses for musical research

Audition Song Advice  May 3 2020, 06:12:27 PM

oh yeah. I kinda forget i can do that haha. I just want a song that will work with my audition

Advice for getting into older musicals?  May 3 2020, 04:11:32 PM

Great! Hopefully most of them are on apple music

Advice for getting into older musicals?  May 3 2020, 03:54:43 PM

imeldasturn said: "I'd say go watch pro-shots. There are official video recordings of most Sondheim musicals,although most of them are from the 70s to the 90s, so really not old at all. If I were you I'd watch the proshot of Sweeney Todd, recorded in 1982 with Angela Lansbury, George Hearn and Hal Prince's original direction.

If you want to get into real "older" musicals you can start with Rodgers & Hammerstein. There is a wonderful video recordin

Advice for getting into older musicals?  May 3 2020, 03:33:46 PM

I've been what i consider a theatre geek for about 4 years. I've listened to plenty of popular contemporary musicals, but i want to try and broaden my horizons, and listen to some older ones. The only "old" ones i've listened are les mis and into the woods. (not even that old) I want to be seen as more professional, and not as some theatre fan who only listens to new musicals. Any advice or musicals i should start with?

Thanks!

Audition Song Advice  May 3 2020, 03:23:42 PM

So, i'm trying to prepare for my dream high school (it's a school that focuses on the arts) In order to get into the school you need to audition with a song and monologue. For the song, it has to be a minute long. What i've noticed with a lot of songs, the good vocal parts are in the middle.

I'm trying to find a song that shows my vocal range in the minute i have, and is unpopular

For context, i'm a mezzo-soprano, who can also do alto.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.