Profile for hearthemsing22

Member Name: hearthemsing22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ruin a Broadway Musical by Changing One Letter  May 25 2020, 02:20:50 PM

Rant

The Last Five Tears

Feathers

Broadway Open in January??  May 25 2020, 01:09:41 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "The “stage door” thing is just a silly thing to focus on considering that when Broadway does reopen, odds are a vaccine will have been introduced so it would technically be a safe thing to resume doing, for those who are comfortable doing so. It’s only a real issue if theaters reopen before that time."

You're absolutely right. I only mentioned it because the OP mentioned that actors would want to meet fans....I'm sure

Broadway Open in January??  May 25 2020, 12:24:19 PM

That seems unrealistically optimistic. There are way too many factors; as people have previously stated....rehearsals, possible recastings, making sure theaters are appropriately set up and ready for anything that may come up, making sure the crew and front of house are protected.

How anyone can think actors are going to want to stagedoor, or that people are focused on that right now absolutely blows my mind. That type of thing meet and greets, backstage visits will be the least of the

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening - "Not Until There's a F***cking Vaccine"  May 22 2020, 04:28:58 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Let's not forget the news from yesterday- surface transmission much less a risk than previously thought- and make cut the risk down to 75 per cent if you wear one- and with temperature checks at the door- I would definitely see a show when the time is right- and go on an airplane if it seems safe- I bet Spring 2021 will see the opening of many shows- vaccine or not."

Do you really think they'd do temperature checks at the door? What if peopl

Post COVID Broadway: More Limited-Run Shows?  May 21 2020, 05:11:17 PM

That's really smart, and I think it could be the key to rebuilding the industry after all of this. 

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 20 2020, 07:42:48 PM

Fosse76 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I don't care what Google says. The LAW is very clear. Copyright infringement is NOT stealing or theft, which requires the intent of deprivation of a physical object. I'm not on a high horse. It's the law. Just because you want to make up your own definition doesn't put me on a high horse."

Does calling it copyright infringement make you feel better about something that's illegal? Whatever

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 20 2020, 07:13:53 PM

DAME said: "Jordan Catalano said: "My favorite part of this thread is how it's exactly the same as every single other thread on this that can be found using the "search" feature.
"

Thats ok girl. You got nothing better to do. The more the more. If you feel like it... give yourself a project. Count them , categorize them... whatever.
"

I am literally laughing out loud hahaha that's great. Same should go for the peopl

Alternatives to the Broadway Flea Market  May 20 2020, 05:44:39 PM

I think a big part of their proceeds come from the photograph/autograph booth/tables, and I just don't see any way they would recreate that experience virtually. I think it would be better to move it to maybe just before the winter holiday season, a few weeks before the major holidays. That way they still make a profit but they're not totally bombarded by so much holiday traffic. 

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 20 2020, 05:40:48 PM

Fosse76 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Fosse76 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "also...Stealing: the act of taking something without permission. When you record, you are illegally capturing actors performances, lighting design, costume designs, direction...roll your eyes and act superior alll you want but it’s true. Actors calling out people filming have even said that."

Go to law school and you'll know why what you've said here

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 20 2020, 11:16:22 AM

VotePeron said: "The bootleg discussion took a sharp and very prominent turn yesterday on Twitter/Instagram. Won't mention much because I'm not looking to get banned just for free speech, but after the Frozen company spread a clip of the final minute of the show shot from the mezzanine, people seem more divided and vocal than ever about the morality/ethics of it.

Thoughts?
"

I want to grab the person that brought it up,shake them and say "WHY??

Best Broadway song ever?  May 19 2020, 07:39:55 PM

I think "Satisfied" from Hamilton is absolutely brilliant. The way it goes back in time in the scene and the staging, in particular,  gives me chills. 

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  May 19 2020, 07:33:53 PM

I don't know why people are so up in arms about this. I'm part of a facebook group and someone who is "in the know" said it will be show as filmed. I don't get all the hysteria about censoring and everything. 

2020 Tony Awards  May 17 2020, 12:02:33 PM

rg7759 said: "let's be honest. given that no Musical that had an official opening is deserving of the trophy, let's just have the regular ceremony next year with the two full qualifying years. and hopefully Beetlejuice can remain in its theater."

Beetlejuice was going to be closing in June anyway-how on earth could they retract that? If it wasn't making money to stay open, why would they take that gamble? They got a boost from the Tonys, and yes it was ma

Whats next at the St James?  May 17 2020, 11:58:19 AM

bwaylyric said: "Why not a second company of Hamilton?"

I hope this is a joke. 

Roles they DIDN'T get....  May 14 2020, 01:01:54 PM

Ahmy said: "Danny Pudi was in one of the workshops for Beetlejuice, and I'm kind of disappointed his involvement didn't go any further. (And that there seems to be minimal photo evidence and no audio/video evidence.)"

We see rehearsal footage of shows, but how often do you see photos from things like workshops? We find out that they're in the workshop but very rarely do we actually get photos or videos...

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 05:12:30 PM

I don't think it's unrealistic to think Broadway could be back by the end of the year, but I do know Broadway as we previously knew it will not be the same. 

I forsee no backstage visits. No stagedooring. But comparing temperature checks at Disney and on Broadway are two vastly different things. You have people packed in a room for 2 hours, the air has nowhere to go. In Disney, it's an open air place. Haven't they already stated basic guidelines for anyone who come

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 11:04:03 AM

RockStarNYC said: "I think this presents the perfect opportunity for Disney+ to experiment with an idea...

A pay-per-view stream.

So, this is something that Disney does with their ESPN+ service where they sell premium events on a pay-per-view basis. A stream of a highly touted ongoing Broadway show definitely falls into this category. If Disney were to offer access to subscribers to this content for an additional fee, I have no doubt that people STILL wouldn'

Classic Musicals that should be remade  May 10 2020, 04:51:05 PM

Globefan said: "Which classic musicals do you think should be adapted for film again?

My list is:

Show Boat

South Pacific

Anything Goes

Kiss Me Kate

A Little Night Music

My Fair Lady
"

How exactly would you want to adapt them? Some things are classics for a reason. Do you mean like how there are multiple versions of Annie? How exactly would you change them? 

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 7 2020, 10:20:49 PM

CT2NYC said: "hearthemsing22 said: "CT2NYC said: "hearthemsing22 said: "CT2NYC said: "The back-and-forth on this thread is getting tiresome. No one is questioning the legality of bootlegs. Technically, they're illegal, but, obviously, just watching them isn't, and their impact on a show's ticket sales is likely negligible. The question was about whether or notquarantine is a good enough reason to watch them, even though you haven't

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 7 2020, 01:31:32 PM

CT2NYC said: "hearthemsing22 said: "CT2NYC said: "The back-and-forth on this thread is getting tiresome. No one is questioning the legality of bootlegs. Technically, they're illegal, but, obviously, just watching them isn't, and their impact on a show's ticket sales is likely negligible. The question was about whether or notquarantine is a good enough reason to watch them, even though you haven't in the past. What it comes down to is that most people

You must log in to view off-topic posts.