Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for KevinKlawitter

Member Name: KevinKlawitter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

4th of July poll: Favorite American History Theater That's NOT Hamilton?  Jul 7 2020, 11:00:17 AM
Sidney Kingsley's play "The Patriots" is one I like, and in the wake of "Hamilton" it has an interesting place as a dramatization of how Hamilton was previously seen... elitist and largely contemptuous of democracy, but still enough of a believer in America that he was willing to compromise with Jefferson to keep Aaron Burr out of the White House.

Sidney Kingsley's work in general has been unfairly overlooked, I think, because of how influential it was. Half of the shows on TV these day

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 10:32:34 PM
Shelley Marcus was announced as writing the book for a musical based on the documentary "When We Were Kings", about the Muhammad Ali / George Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle" match in Zaire. David Sonenberg was the producer, and the show was supposed to workshop in spring 2019 ahead of a full stage premiere in 2020. Since it was announced in 2018, I have heard not a word about it.

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 3 2020, 11:48:24 AM

Best Musical
Flying Over Sunset
Girl From the North Country
Six
Moulin Rouge
Tina the Tina Turner Musical

Best Musical Revival
Caroline, or Change
Company
West Side Story

Best Actor in a Musical
Tony Yazbeck – Flying Over Sunset
Jay O. Sanders - Girl From the North Country
Rob McClure – Mrs Doubtfire
Daniel J. Watts – Tina! the Tina Turner Musical

The Music Man Revival post Jackman and Foster  Jan 21 2020, 10:31:49 AM
Go with Norm Lewis after Jackman is done. His recent performance in the role in DC was well received and it's a dream role for him.

In fact, as perfect as Hugh Jackman is as Harold Hill, I was a little disappointed at the announcement of the revival because it meant Norm Lewis's show wouldn't transfer.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.