Profile for bwaybffs

Member Name: bwaybffs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is This The End of Beetlejuice?  Apr 8 2020, 11:55:58 AM

UPDATE: https://www.playbill.com/article/beetlejuice-officially-closes-at-the-winter-garden-theatre-after-broadway-extends-shutdown

Playbill states Beetlejuice is now closed, but has anything officially been announced by the show?

Is This The End of Beetlejuice?  Apr 8 2020, 11:53:17 AM

With the announcement of Broadway remaining dark until June 7th, what is Beetlejuice's fate, since the show was supposed to end its run June 6th? 

Did the CDC just close Brooadway for 8 weeks?  Mar 16 2020, 11:07:36 AM

uncageg said: "Cuomo just made it official."

Made what official??

Isaac Powell-West Side Story  Mar 4 2020, 03:28:32 PM

Did wes post stuff of Isaac?

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates  Mar 2 2020, 01:15:13 PM

Got to the theatre around 7:30 AM on Saturday 2/29 and was first in line! Next group didn't arrive until 8:30, then the line grew rapidly from there. I think the cold weather was why people didn't arrive earlier. I was given Left Orchestra, Row C, Seats 10 & 12 (marked partial view) for the evening show. 

Personally, I thought the seats were great for $39! They are SO close, and you could pretty much see everything. The only con, as previously mentioned, was the height

Company Rush/Lottery Updates  Mar 2 2020, 01:01:52 PM

Saw the picture of the rush line on @companybway's Instagram for first preview tonight and it looked insane! Any Rush/Lottery updates would be greatly appreciated :) 

Are shows truly frozen after opening?  Feb 21 2020, 02:50:21 PM

On top of a new cast stepping into the principal roles of Frozen The Musical, there was a new song added to the show called "I Can't Lose You." I thought shows were considered "frozen" after opening night (i.e. no further changes will be made to it). Does this happen often? Can someone explain this to me? I am very confused. 

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 21 2020, 02:16:05 PM

Very shocked and saddened by this news. I saw her twice in the role and thought she was absolutely fantastic. I hope all is okay  

Moulin Rouge on GMA  Feb 19 2020, 09:01:37 PM

singer234 said: "I’ve seen all 3 and Amber was far and away my favorite. You just can’t take your eyes off her when she’s onstage, and she has a gorgeous voice. Imo, of all three, she has the “it” factor. Seeing how much fun she was having as the green fairy was worth seeing the show alone. Plus, she easily outdances Karen and Ashley. Sparkling Diamond was thrilling with Amber."

ugh I need to see amber as satine I want to so bad

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Feb 17 2020, 09:28:05 PM

scampsweep said: "Please can anyone suggest good hotels in midtown/ Times Square sort of area that do not charge resort/ amenity fees? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks "

GROUPON GROUPON GROUPON. I stay at the Wellington on 56th street and it's amazing. It's a pain to walk back at night because I'm lazy but can't beat the location for the price! 

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 8 2020, 11:24:22 PM

brian1973 said: "Am I missing something? I though Danny Burstein was fine in Moulin Rouge, but it’s a crap role and it makes little impact in the show. If he does win, it will be to make up for never winning before."

Thats rough... I have to simply disagree. Saying its a crap role is simply untrue. I would say he's going to get a nomination probably not a win. He is fabulous in this role.

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 8 2020, 11:21:56 PM

IHeartNY2 said: "brian1973 said: "Am I missing something? I though Danny Burstein was fine in Moulin Rouge, but it’s a crap role and it makes little impact in the show. If he does win, it will be to make up for never winning before."

If Stephanie could win for Cher, he can win for this.
"

What does this even mean LOL

Miss Saigon Question  Feb 8 2020, 12:45:30 AM

Yes, the helicopter is in Pittsburgh!! Saw the show tonight (2/7) and it was absolutely fantastic. 

Side note for anyone seeing an upcoming tour stop: I highly recommend stage dooring! In total there were probably about 10-12 of us waiting after the show. The cast was SO nice and actually spent time talking to everyone. They even said this was the largest stage door they have seen on the tour (which is kind of sad because there wasn’t that many of us), and it&

Hadestown cast replacements  Feb 6 2020, 09:10:35 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Reeve Carney arguably has the best attendance out of any performer in a musical on Broadway. He has yet to have miss a show."

Aaron tveit has perfect attendance in moulin rouge as well.

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 4 2020, 02:56:44 PM

ellbellthomps said: ""danny would be featuring as much as I want Aaron to win idk if that will happen! I see Karen getting snubbed potentially not even a nom.

"

Completely agree. There's not enough buzz, but she was great.

Aaron was amazing too, of the shows that have come out so far Isaac and Aaron are my favorite contenders

"   People are saying good things about Isaac! but I think the award will go o

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 4 2020, 11:23:40 AM

ellbellthomps said: "My money is on Aaron or Dannyfor lead actor, and Karen for simply a nom (MAYBE win).

I will be extremely disappointed if Lauren P. doesn't get nominated for JLP. She was 100% the stand out.
"

danny would be featuring as much as I want Aaron to win idk if that will happen! I see Karen getting snubbed potentially not even a nom.

Need Recommendations for March Trip  Feb 3 2020, 06:00:14 PM

cookie17 said: "I saw Moulin Rouge in November and it is definitely a must see.

The choreography was fantastic!
"

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

Between The Lines Musical Possible Broadway Transfer Next Season?  Feb 2 2020, 09:45:02 AM

Just came across a clip from the upcoming Off-Broadway show "Between the Lines" of the song "Something to Hold Onto" and was wondering if it has the possibility to transfer to Broadway in the 2020-2021 season. Thoughts?? 

Need Recommendations for March Trip  Jan 31 2020, 10:22:24 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Of the ones discussed. I’d say too see Tina over JLP I enjoyed it much more. Then I would also add moulin rouge. Which I loved. I asked when he’s contracted til and he said that he would be with the show until two weeks after the Tonys.
I saw company in London. Thought it was alright. Though I would also give it some interest with the new cast.

One not mentioned and one I would throw into the mix is definitely SIX
"

&n

Need Recommendations for March Trip  Jan 30 2020, 10:33:57 PM

gibsons2 said: "bwaybffs said: "I would definitely recommend JLP, Company, or Moulin Rouge before Tina.

JLP and Moulin Rouge are absolutely fantastic! Saw MR twice and JLP once last month. Both are very high contenders to be nominated for Best Musical at the Tony's this year.

Adrienne has been very flakey in her performance schedule (despite the show only being open for 3 months), and it is not worth the high price point without her. In my opinion,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.