Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Member Name: Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 11:19:20 AM

I just mean there were thousands of people (actual fans) trying to buy tickets, and gobbling up extras to mark them up 300% and make a profit later on seems unfair to fans getting kicked off ticketmaster time and again. 

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 11:16:02 AM

Do we think that people are still going to want to spend $1000 on tickets come January? I've not seen it yet (am dying to) but will the show lose some of its appeal between now and January and January to May? I'm reading of people buying 3 or 4 tickets for April but only plan on using a pair and are hoping to sell the extras for $600 a pop or however much come January. That sounds like a bit of a risk to me (as well as shady and unfair). What do you guys think? Will people s

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 08:36:35 AM

DottieD'Luscia said: "For 2016? From what I remember, the new block of tickets were for dates in 2017.

I tried for 45 minutes last night and gave up. I just wanted 1 ticket.  Ticketmaster should have the option of searching for a range of dates, in addition to searching for a specific date.  I would have taken whatever came up.  I've seen it twice, but I bought my tickets before the show opened.  I'll try for the Chicago production next week

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 08:07:23 AM

Is anyone happening to see 2016 seats left? Probably too late but thought I would ask. Got booted off TM about six or seven times with tickets in hand and by the time I saw the amazing tip about seats popping up, TM was down for maintenance. I've been going through dates between September and October but nothing. Thank you!! 

Did anyone see the 2000-02 revival of 'The Rocky Horror Show'  Jan 12 2010, 03:09:02 PM
I saw it three times and loved it. Twice with most of the original cast and once with the Rocky Returns cast (Terrence Mann and Sebastian Bach as Frank and Riff Raff, respectively). I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a lot of fun and the audience interaction was different every time I went. I remember when Terrence Mann played Frank 'n Furter and he was in bed with Brad, someone shouted "That's illegal in New Jersey!" to which Terrence Mann replied, "Well we're not in f*ckin' New Jersey, ar

re: MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET - New Rock 'n' Roll Musical to Open on Broadway  Nov 3 2009, 07:31:37 PM
They performed a couple of times during the commercial breaks at this year's Tonys and they sounded alright. I can't speak to the plot or anything but they weren't terrible and the audience seemed to enjoy them. Still this doesn't sound too inspired or interesting.

re: Billy Elliot rush tickets  Oct 28 2009, 12:00:54 AM
They've suspended their rush policy indefinitely.

re: Does anyone know how to find out Broadway financial reports?  Oct 22 2009, 12:11:20 AM
Here's a wonderful thread that frontrowcentre2 posted and continuously updates about which shows are hits and flops as per Variety.

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&boardname=bway&thread=961789#3604376

re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?  Sep 29 2009, 12:23:17 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much the STEADY RAIN auction item went for (the tickets and backstage meet and greet)? I was wondering just because it seemed like it would go for the most this year. And I'm just curious admittedly...

re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?  Sep 27 2009, 09:39:43 PM
(2) Playbill binders chock full of Playbills from recent years (including Grey Gardens opening night, Lieutenant of Inishmore Opening Night, The Crucible with Liam Neeson and Laura Linney, Fifty Words opening night, Heartbreak House opening night, The Vertical Hour (color), Company revival (color), Times They are a Changin' opening night, Some Americans Abroad, Cry-Baby, Thurgood Opening night, The Marriage of Bette and Boo, Encores' On The Town, The Seagull, Becky Shaw, and Road Show and a bunc

re: Fringe NYC 2009 tickets on sale NOW  Jul 24 2009, 10:24:25 PM
GRAVEYARD SHIFT sounds like incredibly camptacular. Is the Minetta Lane easily accessible from Grand Central Station? I have no idea where it is and for some reason HopStop.com isn't working on my computer.

re: Trent leaving Billy behind??  Jul 24 2009, 09:53:07 PM
Trevor Braun is playing Michael. I've also been told by a cast member that Trent will most likely be the last original Billy to leave the show.

re: Tick,Tick....Boom!....?  Jul 11 2009, 11:55:29 AM
Just got back from seeing this in Westport last night. I have to say that I agree completely with someone who said there was no energy. With the original off-Broadway cast, there was this spark, this energy, it even shone through on the cast recording. Something about this production didn't quite click and I was really disappointed with it.

The cast was alright. I've never been a particular fan of Colin Hanlon's, and he turned out an OK performance. I have yet to see him in a role where

re: Cheap/Free things for Kids to Do in Times Square  Jul 9 2009, 04:57:50 PM
This isn't exactly in Times Square, but it's pretty close, completely free, and will hold kids' attention for at least and hour:

re: A list of Shows that rush and have a lotterry  Jun 17 2009, 11:47:51 PM
Also:

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/index.php

I must admit I miss their old Rush policy website, though. It was far more organized and reader friendly.

re: Billy Elliot Question  Jun 15 2009, 11:58:42 PM
This is true (though, I haven't read the hundreds of posts in said official thread, so) but for all intents and purposes of what the original poster is asking, he is a Billy. ("Or is the fourth Billy an understudy if one of the other three is unable to perform?") He's in the rotation, so he is performing because he is scheduled, not because the other Billy's cannot. It's a technicality that he's listed as an understudy. Like I said: for all intents and purposes.

It's those, I guess you

re: Billy Elliot Question  Jun 15 2009, 11:33:26 PM
Tommy's not an understudy anymore, he's officially in the rotation as Billy as of March. He was not nominated for the Tony because he did not open with the show, at that point he was still an understudy. But, they have even changed the poster out front to include him amongst Kowalik, Alvarez and Kulish so he is a "legitimate" Billy now. One of the ideas behind adding Tommy full time is so that each Billy can perform twice a week, but as DRSislove pointed out, it changes from week to week.
<

re: The Rocky Horror Show sure did have quite the interesting casts.  Jun 11 2009, 08:02:56 PM
Joan Jett started off as Columbia. Ana Gasteyer had a stint as Columbia and was absolutely fantastic. Daphne Rubin-Vega opened the show as Magenta. Bach took over for Riff Raff during the ROCKY RETURNS portion of the show after it closed due to 9/11. Terrence Mann took over for Tom Hewitt opposite Bach's Riff Raff. Luke Perry was great as Brad, actually. Oh, and of course: Alice Ripley was Janet and was wonderful.

re: nicest b'way actor  Aug 27 2007, 02:18:42 PM
How quickly people are forgotten once their shows close and new ones open. Greg Jbara immediately comes to mind. He used to dominate these threads. Easily the nicest performer I have ever met. Incredibly generous and kind.

re: Which Tony-winning performances have you seen live?  Aug 26 2007, 05:18:58 PM
Harvey Fierstein- HAIRSPRAY
Marissa Jaret Winokur- HAIRSPRAY
Dick Latessa- HAIRSPRAY
Idina Menzel- WICKED
Hugh Jackman- THE BOY FROM OZ
Norbert Leo Butz- DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
Richard Griffiths- THE HISTORY BOYS
Frances de la Tour- THE HISTORY BOYS
Beth Leavel- THE DROWSY CHAPERONE
John Gallagher, Jr.- SPRING AWAKENING
Frank Langella- FROST/NIXON

Raul Esparza, Company
Esparza did not win the Tony, David Hyde Pierce did.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.