Profile for windowwaving

Member Name: windowwaving
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 21 2020, 01:28:17 PM

Even if you didn't care for the album, you might still enjoy his performance.

I remember a song that I did't like on the album, but it ended up being my favorite performance when I saw his show live in LA. 

It's a fun 90 minutes to kind of get to know Ben Platt as a person beyond Broadway. 

Why the hate for moulin rouge  May 19 2020, 07:02:24 PM

I enjoyed it purely for spectacle. I loved that they didn't use screens and instead focused on amazing lighting and practical sets. 

The hardest part for me was to take any of the drama seriously. So much of it felt so tounge-in-cheek that at the end when it was supposed to be this big dramatic finale, it just fell flat and I was just waiting for the "encore" to liven things up again. 

This is not a critique on any of the actors who put on a fabulous show

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 15 2020, 04:24:50 PM

I remember hearing in a podcast that the Lopez' did feel rushed working on the musical and trying to write for Frozen 2 at the same time.

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 15 2020, 04:05:46 PM

I strangely really love this musical, even though I can never watch the movie again and didn't care for the sequel. I've seen it on Broadway twice and saw it on tour in LA twice. I much prefer this show over TLK and Aladdin. 

Much as I adore Caissie Levy, I found her Elsa so underwhelming. You just didn't see much transformation from scared Elsa in the beginning to "Let It Go" Elsa. Add that to an underwhelming set, and it just didn't have the impact I wa

Revivals post COVID  Apr 11 2020, 12:52:26 AM
Into the Woods!

Shut down until June 7  Apr 9 2020, 10:50:46 AM

Interesting that the LA Times suggesting that major sports may be out until 2021. Granted, sports is scheduled in predetermined seasons, but I think it's similar enough to the gathering of people both as an audience and behind-the-scenes.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-04-08/column-it-looks-like-sports-could-be-in-a-timeout-until-2021

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 8 2020, 12:14:34 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I saw the tour and I normally can find something positive about any live show, but there was not a single redeeming factor for this show.

Bootlegs during Quarantine  Apr 6 2020, 12:24:40 AM

Genuine question, has a bootleg, or a pro-shot even, ever stopped anyone from watching a production?

Watching a bootleg is nothing compared to the full experience of being in the theater. For me, the excitement comes from the live element and just being fully immersed and unbothered for a few hours. 

I generally try to avoid any clips of shows I am really interested in. If anything, the bootlegs are the ones that have pushed me to watch a show for the millionth time, like h

Barrett Wilbert Weed from Mean Girls stage door incident  Mar 7 2020, 12:42:14 PM

While men are subject to the same craziness of fans, I think that if a man said "not right now" people may more likely hold back and not think anything of it, but if a woman said the same thing it comes off as unexpected and rude, and would more likely get called names. 

Yes, it's not true of everyone and I'm sure there are tons of examples of it happening to men too, but I think there seems to be a bit of a societal expectation for a woman to smile and say

ANASTASIA National Tour  Mar 6 2020, 11:50:30 AM
According to casting notices it looks like the show is going non-eq after this summer.

Los Angeles Touring Shows: Dolby Theatre  Mar 5 2020, 05:27:33 PM

I watched Ben Platt's solo concert here and sat center orchestra row A and my god is this place massive. I remember thinking that I would never watch a musical here unless I was very close to the front. Even the front of the mezzanine seemed terrible because it's pushed so far back. 

This is where the Oscars are held. While it's pretty to look at on TV, I can't imagine it being a great venue for any musical. 

Frozen Broadway Updated  Feb 20 2020, 10:30:36 AM

hicaesar said: ""I did however question the turntable, unless I remembered wrong, I can only recall it being used twice the whole night, once in Monster and again in the finale where the 2 get raised up slightly. Seems like a waste of turntable to me."

I've yet to see Frozen on Broadway, but the "Broadway style musical" playing at Disney's California Adventure uses the turntable several times in some clever way.
"

I always did wo

Frozen Broadway Updated  Feb 19 2020, 11:36:51 AM

Mercades said: ""updating" the show is just polishing a turd. Shut it down, you already ruined a perfectly good movie and showed no creativity or imagination. This is such a colossal Disney eff up. Alex Timbers would have done wonders to the show. This is a pathetic PR stunt. Changing songs, and effects doesn't make it better. Sorry, had to be said."

Have you seen it with the updates? I saw the tour twice (after seeing it on Broadway twice) and felt lik

SIX - Preview ThreadI was  Feb 14 2020, 09:16:32 AM

I sat in Row J Center Mezz and was surprised at how great the view is. I normally never sit mezzanine but wanted to see this show on opening night and was pretty shocked at how close it felt/looked.

But I think this is a show that doesn't necessarily need to be too close to the stage unless you want it to feel more like a concert and get more involved. I enjoyed seeing all the lighting and the dance formations.

Everyone around me was having the time of their life, too. I'

Best place to sit for Moulin Rouge/West Side Story  Feb 13 2020, 11:21:35 PM
I sat in Orchestra Center Row K which is right where the overhang starts and I found it to be perfect. You get the full view of every aspect of the set and they spend a lot more time on that catwalk than I thought they would. So everything seemed very close and intimate even though I was several rows away.

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 13 2020, 10:35:41 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "Pretty sure that Megasix on twitter was a no no BUT I am glad to see it because have the lights on the set always been THAT good looking?! Like the way the LED lights move and pulsate to the beat is just fantastic. I feel like that's new to the design. That or I've never noticed it before in any other Megasix."

There were a ton of cameras blatantly out in the mezzanine during the Megasix and the ushers did not do a thing. 

Dear Evan Hansen stage door  Feb 12 2020, 04:53:22 PM

It looks like he has stage doored each performance he's been in so far. He was the last to come out when I saw him last night. He was very friendly, but he and his security mentioned that you can't take pictures with him. 

The rest of the cast seemed fine with pictures as long as you had your camera ready to go immediately. 

Workout Playlist  Feb 12 2020, 01:35:47 PM

Wick3 said: "Right now the cast album of SIX is my main workout playlist on the treadmill. Makes the time goes by quickly and great beats."

I've wanted to listen to SIX because it sounds so fun, but I want to watch it first. 

Right now &Juliet has been my go-to cardio album if you love pop from the 2000's. 

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Feb 12 2020, 12:10:15 PM

Also, David Jeffrey as the new Connor (from the Toronto and tour productions) began performances last night. He was wonderful and probably one of the better Connors I've heard vocally. 

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Feb 12 2020, 12:01:51 PM
Bought tickets after his tweet. I loved his Evan. A little heavy on the tic side but not so much that it was distracting. I feel like I say this with all Evans, but I saw a different part of the story highlighted. I guess that’s what makes this show so repeatable for me.

This was the first time I saw an Evan who truly embraced the lie, where you really see the change in his personality as he “gets something” out of each lie, but still knowing how fragile he and the convolution are. At

You must log in to view off-topic posts.