Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for smallworld

smallworld Profile Photo
Member Name: smallworld
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 7 2020, 06:41:24 PM

Blood Brothers. I saw it regionally and although the cast did their best, it was a steaming pile of crap.

We Will Rock You Tour  Nov 17 2019, 12:50:15 PM
I saw it a couple of months ago. Trevor Coll (Galileo) and Kerri Kelly (Scaramouche) are beyond fantastic - definitely two names to watch out for. The show is kind of a dud, but it is fun. See it if you can. The vocals are worth the price of admission alone.

Love Never Dies tour  Feb 7 2019, 08:40:39 PM
I actually love this show. I've loved it since the original production in London and seeing the tour was a beautiful experience. I'd love to see it in NY.

What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?  Nov 5 2018, 08:42:05 PM
Euan Morton in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Nov 4 2018, 05:24:53 PM
Emily Koch as Jenna in Waitress

Kelly McIntyre as Janis Joplin

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread  Apr 2 2018, 07:21:15 PM

I've needed some time to process this one. Here's my full, blunt review. No sugar coating.

I found it to be a mixed bag. Sarah Bareilles was fantastic, as expected. Erik Gronwall was the highlight of the evening for me as Simon Zealotes - he should have been playing Judas with that amount of talent. The orchestra was also incredible. I really enjoyed the ensemble and how the audience played into the show -  it worked. Alice Cooper was a delight as King Herod, and I lov

What Broadway Musical do you think could thrive with a John Doyle-esque revival?  Dec 8 2017, 09:18:34 PM

MATA HARI. It never had a fair chance.

Which musicals do you think have the best finales or which finales are your favorite?  Oct 27 2017, 12:48:47 PM
Midnight Radio from Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut  Jul 19 2017, 03:20:42 PM

There's another one on Instagram about someone getting last minute tickets to Dolly "sans Bette"

What is your avatar?  Jul 17 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Mine is Mary Tyler Moore and the cat from the ill fated musical adaption of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

Favorite Broadway Musical Flops?  Jul 12 2017, 10:41:39 AM

Breakfast at Tiffany's. The score is fun and it's a shame it didn't ever pan out. I do hope that someday, it is revised and at least released for amateur productions.

Others:

Prettybelle

Lolita, My Love

American Psycho

Mata Hari (another one I'd like to see revisited - the original was truly victim to disastrous direction and a medicore leading lady)

Carrie, of course

Where to find Broadway related decorations?  Jun 19 2016, 08:58:34 AM

I have a bunch of framed window cards and framed cast recordings on vinyl on display. The latter can be very affordable (unless you get into the more expensive records like myself), as you can find the records at Goodwill sometimes and the frames can be found at various stores. 

AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING  May 26 2016, 07:16:44 PM

Another fantastic, creative show gone far too soon. Sad.

American Psycho was SNUBBED  May 3 2016, 12:23:34 PM

Unpopular opinion: I think Ben should have been nominated over Lin Manuel Miranda. I have not been able to get into Hamilton at all because of his nasal voice. Nails on a chalkboard. Oh, well.

Demanding Star Vehicles  Aug 16 2015, 07:20:57 PM

The Act

The Visit

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 12 2015, 09:10:04 PM

Lolita, My Love. I am thankful for the live recording but I would love a studio recording of the show.

Evita 2006/2012 Revival  Jul 18 2015, 11:04:03 AM

I saw the Broadway revival twice. Many did not like Elena Roger but I am in the group that thought she was an absolutely perfect Evita. I enjoyed her very much.

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS rehearsal footage  Mar 27 2015, 09:34:03 PM
I love this score.

2015-2016 touring seasons  Mar 18 2015, 08:39:51 PM
Any idea when the Overture in Madison, WI will announce?!

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Mar 12 2015, 04:22:53 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking... I have a feeling this will be it! Thanks for the tip!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.