Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for blm2323

Member Name: blm2323
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“We See You White American Theater” Publishes Demands  Jul 9 2020, 04:28:02 AM

JBroadway - 

I understand your graphic but, unfortunately, the majority of the demands are ridiculous, and eye-roll-inducing. Many of those demands are not looking for equity - they come across as wanting to be the tall person AND standing on two boxes (which I hope all of us can see would be wrong for any group to do).

I would call on someone like LMM (only because he signed the letter - not because he should be “expected” to lead a movement

The Book (or Lack there of) in a Sung Through Musical  Jul 8 2020, 02:54:36 AM

dramamama611 said: "The "book" of a musical refers to the story line and structure, regardless of whether there is spoken dialogue."

I learned this from watching Smash when Kyle won the Tony for Best Book for Hit List haha

The Great “Bright” Way  Jun 26 2020, 03:43:51 AM
Good grief. Is it too much to ask people to research and educate themselves before protesting about something? Cancel culture at its finest.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ll support informed and well thought out protests any day. This issue is not one of them.

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 24 2020, 04:52:44 PM
I can’t even get on the website. Keeps saying url can’t be found. Tried it on three different computers.

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening - "Not Until There's a F***cking Vaccine"  May 22 2020, 08:32:40 PM

joevitus said: "I think "wait until there's a vaccine" is an intelligent position--not that VF's headline posed it intelligently--but it's anyone's guess what people will actually do, and thus what Broadway can actually risk."

There may NEVER be a vaccine. We have many viruses without them. 

I hope they don’t wait for one. A greater grasp on what we’re dealing with and go from there? Yes. 

Best Broadway song ever?  May 19 2020, 08:36:12 PM

Best Song from A Mega-Flop: Children of the Wind

Best Overall: Rose’s Turn

I LOVE that you put a song from Rags on here! It’s one of my favorite scores. 

And agreed - Rose’s Turn hand’s down. 

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 16 2020, 05:26:25 AM
Unfortunately, Girl From the North Country on the last night it played. Not a fan.

However, we did see Hamilton on Tuesday night which was outstanding. Loved the current cast (Monroe was better as Jefferson).

Tixs to Woolf and Molly Brown (off bway of course) were cancelled.

Non-Smoking Contract for Actors  Jul 23 2019, 12:49:03 AM
Yes, she can do what she wants but I’m perplexed by people younger than 60 who smoke. With all that information out there? Mostly it infuriates me because it increases health care costs.

That said - I thought she was delightful in BJ. And that’s all that matters to me as a paying ticket holder.

Somebody took a flash photo of Audra and Michael's nude scene today  Jul 22 2019, 03:33:06 PM
I’ve seen a lot of shows this summer and it actually seems to me audience behavior has been better. I am not one to be afraid to tell someone to put away their phone. Out of 25+ shows I only had to do it once (always nicely the first time :) )

Oklahoma’s preshow and second act announcementis are the best. Blunt and to the point. Saw it twice and not a phone to be seen.

Now, the candy wrappers....ugh.

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix  Jun 26 2019, 07:04:09 PM

gypsy101 said: "gleek4114 said: "From stage musicals yes, but I’m sure a nice check from Netflix could’ve made him appear in one on screen."

the fact that he never appeared in a movie musical... is so sad

blm2323 said: “I’m just tired of Streep being in EVERY musical adaption. Is it purely to green light these projects?

this is her 3rd musical adaptation. Mamma Mia, Into the Woods and now The

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix  Jun 25 2019, 11:17:40 PM
I’m just tired of Streep being in EVERY musical adaption. Is it purely to green light these projects?

Hadestown's commercial future  Jun 24 2019, 11:54:21 AM

SisterGeorge said: "The biggest hurdle Iface with "Hadestown" is that the music I've sampled here and there just hasn't appealed to me.

I would give it a shot, if you can. Just my opinion, but there have been other shows where I didn’t like the music until I actually saw the show and realized it fit perfectly. This doesn’t mean that I suddenly start listening  to the cast album. (One example being Hamilton - loved the music in t

Explain your favorite broadway show horribly.  Mar 30 2019, 01:04:41 AM

newintown said: "Little girl gets kicked in the head by a horse, so her mother takes her to Italy to palm her off on an unsuspecting family."

First one to literally make me lol. I think the “palm her off” clinches it. Hahaha

The Ferryman seating question  Dec 30 2018, 10:00:55 PM

LesWickedly said: "Are there any obstructions for audience members in left orchestra? I could get 2nd row on the center aisle of Left Orchestra for $109 with the discount."

If you’re center aisle you’ll be great! Is it marked limited view?

The Ferryman seating question  Dec 30 2018, 01:12:40 AM

Just saw this tonight. Do NOT sit in audience right the first 5 rows. The way the play is staged there is a chair placed near the edge of the stage blocking the view of pretty much everything Center stage. Especially when the actors sat in it. I knew my seat was limited view but it was pretty ridiculous. None the less, I enjoyed the show - I imagined it as a radio play at times :)

Kristin Chenoweth to Join The Tabernacle Choir  Oct 19 2018, 06:19:35 PM

morosco said: "Is this a good movefor her? I mean, after the 2005 controversy of her appearing on the 700 Club I thought maybe she would have given this a bit more thought?

From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints:Consistent with our fundamental beliefs, Church officers will not employ their ecclesiastical authority to perform marriages between two people of the same sex, and the Church does not permit its meetinghouses or other properties to be used for ce

1 ticket to 2PM Mean Girl Today - Face value $199  Oct 13 2018, 11:51:39 AM

Hubby sick! It’s center Orch Row E Seat 113. Face value 199!

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews  Aug 1 2018, 12:27:24 AM

WhizzerMarvin said: "That’s what I thought too...

Reports here of it being 2hr5min were a little off. It got out at 9:20 tonight, so things have been tighten quite a bit, but he song list is exactly the same (just compared in case I was forgetting something) and I can’t think of a book scene/line of dialogue that was missing.
"

I saw this three time during previews - each about a week apart (paying a grand total of 100 bucks if that says anythi

Is "Kiss Me Kate" problematic?  Jul 20 2018, 02:54:53 PM
The previous revival had Kate wink at the audience at the end of the song, clearly stating that she would not be submitting.

Anastasia Ending?  Jul 15 2018, 09:42:44 PM
Saw it this afternoon for the second time - thank you TDF! I originally saw it with the OBC.

Anyway, Max did not put the gun to his own head.

I really enjoyed his portrayal of the character.

Christy is still knocking it out of the park.

Vicki Lewis was hilarious and in great voice!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.