Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for SouthernCakes

Member Name: SouthernCakes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thanksgiving Day g vv ..mm v2020 - Broadway Plans  Nov 27 2020, 11:20:56 AM
“Ain’t too proud” was great! Def. made me want to see the show!

“Hamilton” - was nice to see Josh Henry and of course the show is great.

“Mean Girls” - couldn’t get through it. Terrible song. She sounded fine and all that but I’m so over the bloated Casey N constant choreography thing.

NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison  Nov 27 2020, 11:18:42 AM
To me he sounded like himself in a green bodysuit.

Usually the Grinch has a deep voice.

But I’ll hold out until I watch the full thing.

NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison  Nov 27 2020, 01:29:26 AM
He looked bad. Sounded nothing like the character. And the sets looked like a Non-Eq bus and truck.

The Death of Dinner Theatre  Nov 25 2020, 02:14:56 PM
I was in their phantom! Def a weird show!

And so sad! Thought they’d recover but it’s being totally torn down.

2020/1 Grammy Nominees  Nov 24 2020, 12:33:43 PM
Amelie!!! It’s so good!!!

Is This the Future of Broadway?  Nov 23 2020, 09:33:41 PM
As someone who goes to shows alone, I wonder how that would work? Would they have single seats! Would they only allow small groups etc.

I think wearing a mask is totally fine but then would their be no concessions etc.

Hamilton’s New Marquee  Nov 22 2020, 09:54:31 PM
I’m one of those that have no desire to see the show since I’ve seen it on Disney+. The physical production isn’t all that interesting, so unless there’s a certain performer, I’ve not interest in seeing it live.

But I’m sure the show will be just fine.

Is there any new talk about the future of BEETLEJUICE?  Nov 22 2020, 09:52:32 PM
Comedies not for everyone.

Encores Will Present INTO THE WOODS  Nov 18 2020, 06:29:15 PM
Bring 👏🏼 back 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 chubby 👏🏼 Little Red!

THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN coming to Broadway  Nov 17 2020, 11:15:04 PM
Oh for sure that’ll be back.

Chad Kimball  Nov 17 2020, 10:57:59 PM

Tag said: "SouthernCakes said: "This is all so interesting. I’m not for canceling people. But I do find what he said a bit alarming, but also not THAT bad? Maybe Twitter just isn’t for everybody ..."

Theaterpeople are boredand hungry for a bangwagon to jump on.
"

I get it. I do. But I just can’t, in good faith, cancel someone in this current climate. I actually met him at a janky Hell’s Kitchen rooftop party when h

Chad Kimball  Nov 17 2020, 10:27:15 AM
This is all so interesting. I’m not for canceling people. But I do find what he said a bit alarming, but also not THAT bad? Maybe Twitter just isn’t for everybody ...

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Nov 16 2020, 10:49:41 PM
I mean, I saw that Tiny today was filming for Macy’s so don’t see why not!?

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Nov 16 2020, 10:49:24 PM
I mean, I saw that Tiny today was filming for Macy’s so don’t see why not!?

The Minutes - Moving Theatres  Nov 16 2020, 10:48:21 PM
Thanks for that! Not at all what I was thinking! I love Letts’ writing! Hopefully I can see it at some point.

The Minutes - Moving Theatres  Nov 16 2020, 01:14:05 PM
Can someone spoil the big twist for me!

THE PROM new song and release date  Nov 16 2020, 01:10:11 PM
Is there any Oscar competition? Everything got bumped.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Nov 15 2020, 04:26:53 PM
This is all so weird to me. I don’t really follow sports, but a lot of college football games are being cancelled because of Covid. So if you win the season, but didn’t play all your games does it even count?

That’s how I feel about the Tony awards. Only Warren deserves to win, IMO. The rest is a wash.

Ryan Murphy talks THE PROM, A CHORUS LINE limited series, and GEORGIA MCBRIDE adaptation for Netflix  Nov 15 2020, 04:24:59 PM
Makes sense! Blanking on the guys name from Off/Broadway who had me rolling!!! Matt something? But I goes ya need a star.

Ryan Murphy talks THE PROM, A CHORUS LINE limited series, and GEORGIA MCBRIDE adaptation for Netflix  Nov 15 2020, 12:16:22 PM
Do we think Parsons will play the older drag queen role?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.