Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for joevitus

joevitus Profile Photo
Member Name: joevitus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 19 2020, 07:07:27 PM

Musicians good, singers meh.

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 19 2020, 12:07:52 PM

Cliff Gorman

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 18 2020, 03:31:57 PM

Thanks, Owen. 

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 17 2020, 07:19:09 PM

How is one supposed to know who "the Old show queens" were?  Did they hold regular meetings or something? Is there a roster? 

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 16 2020, 03:32:16 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "I designed one for the contest, but didn't realize that they had a specific way they wanted to market or promote the album with the artwork they decided. Either way... here's what I came up with! :)

"

Your design is infinitely superior to what they went with. Even disregarding the comparison, you have excellent design instincts for a

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Oct 16 2020, 02:43:30 PM

I had assumed that was a stand-in until the final artwork is chosen. Yeah, lousy. But it's the recording that counts, and I'm looking forward to it.

Carrie the Musical podcast teaser  Oct 16 2020, 01:44:14 PM

Listened, subscribed and thanks!

Studio Recordings vs. Live Recordings  Oct 12 2020, 04:13:44 PM

Love Charlie Kringas's post on Thomas Z. Shepard, and he's 100% correct. I've never cared for the revival Sondheim recordings, and that's much of the reason why. What's interesting is to compare the studio-recorded Paper Mill Playhouse Follies--complete, and conducted by Jonathan Tunick, no less--with Shepard's live Follies in Concert. Somehow, with the latter, we feel we are in that crumbling ruin of a theater. I'm not sure how he accomplished

Randy Rainbow  Oct 10 2020, 10:32:19 PM

Owen22 said: "joevitus said: "I don't think you know how the term "how the internet works" works."

Oh, I see what you did there! So clever and darling is our Joe...

"

I was merely being accurate, but I accept your endearments. 

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 10 2020, 03:51:59 AM

Parsons as the Joker is an inspired idea. A bond villain might not be bad, either, but I'd love to see his interpretation of the Joker.

Randy Rainbow  Oct 10 2020, 03:49:50 AM

I don't think you know how the term "how the internet works" works. 

Randy Rainbow  Oct 9 2020, 01:28:34 PM

Anita Bryant never had a gay audience, so she could hardly be cancelled by them. The question suggests not understanding what cancel culture is. 

Randy Rainbow  Oct 9 2020, 12:35:19 PM

Cancel Culture is the opposite of democratic. People have rejected what offends them as long as media has existed. Cancel Culture shames those who refuse to go along, and generally, if anyone starts a topic on the "cancelled" subject, the forum will be barraged with attacks. It's largely another form of online bullying. 

I don't care about Randy Rainbow--never heard of him until this subject came up, still have encountered nothing from him (nor feel the lack).&nb

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 8 2020, 10:28:08 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "morosco said: "Spoiler.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
We never learn whatAlan wanted to discuss with Michael.What do you guys think he wanted to talk about?

"

It’s intentionallyleft open-ended. Mart Crowley intended it that way. T

Rebecca Luker Video  Oct 7 2020, 02:47:06 AM

Here's an easy way to remember: all verbs need subjects, so if the word is coming before the verb or is doing the verb, it is "whoever." 

And, yes, it is heartbreaking and I hope people write their congressperson, as she asks.

Sheryl Lee Ralph on the Toxic Environment of Dreamgirls  Oct 6 2020, 10:11:55 AM

SweetLips22 said: "Dear Lord, How could Bennett DO that? Holliday had to perform one of the most difficult songs EVER and to be upstaged nightly and robbed of her applause--that was so childish and petty.

I always wondered why it was written that way? Trust a bitchy queen to f^ck it up.

Karma came around.
"

It's too bad the change was made for petty reasons, but I think it's the best way to close the act. It's the only way to make the

Sheryl Lee Ralph on the Toxic Environment of Dreamgirls  Oct 5 2020, 06:16:20 PM

A Director said: "joevitus said: "This constitutes "throwing Michael Bennett under the bus"? The gripes are fair (although obviously it ignoresthat their "suggestions" just happened to coincide with the story of the Supremes), but clearly this is how things are done, and had any of those castheld out for a part of the rights, they would have simply been replaced, or their suggestions ignored. No way was that pie going to be split anything like equally.

Sheryl Lee Ralph on the Toxic Environment of Dreamgirls  Oct 5 2020, 04:56:53 PM

This constitutes "throwing Michael Bennett under the bus"? The gripes are fair (although obviously it ignores that their "suggestions" just happened to coincide with the story of the Supremes), but clearly this is how things are done, and had any of those cast held out for a part of the rights, they would have simply been replaced, or their suggestions ignored. No way was that pie going to be split anything like equally. 

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 10:41:56 PM

HogansHero said: "joevitus said: "The real entitlement is in thinking one can determine who has "earned" the right to comment on something. (And people who post insults should beware having responses removed--not anyone else's fault a stone was cast from a glass house.)"

You obviously misapprehend what I have said. As I made clear earlier, I in no way suggest that anyone tamper with you right to post whatever you please. What I said it that

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 10:02:48 PM

HogansHero said: "joevitus said: "Little known fact: there's no such thing as"earning" the right to opine."

Ah, entitlement rearing its ugly head again here.

Maybe you will get it if I say you don't have "standing."Kinda like my relative who has never traveled anywhere but is filled with opinions on what's wrong with people in other countries.

@Brody, thanks for the youtube link. It makes me realize h

You must log in to view off-topic posts.