Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for SpookyFish13

Member Name: SpookyFish13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cringe moments in otherwise great shows  Aug 15 2020, 04:52:18 PM

aimeric said: ""I Shall Scream" fromOliver! Much of Oliver! iscringe camp for me, but that's the only one that makes me physically cringe when I hear it come on.

"

I was going to mention this exact song!
Also, in Mean Girls, the line from “Stop” that turns child p*** into a punch line...... The whole audience was visibly uncomfortable when that happened... 

An interesting take on streaming...  Jul 5 2020, 11:34:18 PM

I would love to see a day where the big streaming companies compete for the distribution rights for pro-shot Broadway musicals. Especially if they sat on the footage (like Disney did with Hamilton) and only release it after a pre-determined amount of time, I feel as if it could breathe some light into shows who's audiences are beginning to dwindle. I know it's never going to happen, but I would absolutely love to see it. 

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  May 13 2020, 01:38:24 PM

Kimbo said: It WON'T open smoothly - which is what everyone on this thread has been saying. It will be postponed, most likely by approximately a year - and, much like Plaza Suite with Broderick and Parker, if -I- were a gambling man, Jackman and Foster (after doing other possible work in the meantime like Foster's TV series for her and TV movies like his brand-new one on HBO for Jackman) will both absolutely be there for it, to play these roles in this show and to help Broadw

The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now  May 13 2020, 01:04:07 PM
Although I understand the sentiment, there’s no way they’re going to pull the plug until they absolutely have to.
Although you’re probably right - there’s no way they can hold adequate rehearsals while the city is still on lockdown...

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually just cancel it outright. I can’t imagine Hugh Jackman is the kinda guy who can just wait around for updates. Unless there’s a clause in his contract that would require an extension under circumstanc

MJ reschedules for March 2021  May 13 2020, 12:50:26 PM
I’m still flabbergasted that this is happening in the first place.
MJ is an “alleged“ predator. Do we really need this on Broadway?It seems more like a vanity-piece sponsored by his estate to regain some of the blind devotion that he lost after HBO’s Leaving Neverland...
As far as I’m concerned, the show can choke.

Van Hove's Shining  Feb 29 2020, 05:03:33 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m looking forward to seeing it over there whenever it does open, hopefully late this year. Horror is the hardest thing to pull off on stage. I’ve only ever seen it done successfully once and that was also on the West End last year with “Ghost Stories”."

I agree 100% with the statement regarding horror being one of the toughest challenges to pull off in a live theatre setting. That being said, I’m surprised as how

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Feb 3 2020, 01:01:27 AM

I've always had a thing for Broadway cringe, so this completely fascinates me. If it's half as bad as everyone says it is, I'd want to see it for the laughs. I saw the show last May and thought it was great, and if I were in NY it would have gotten me to buy another ticket just to see this guy try and hit the notes. 

I am by no means condoning bootlegs by ANY means, but if there was ever a bootleg I would die to see, this is it...

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/26/20  Jan 27 2020, 06:22:49 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "I have to believe the investors know Tony wins won’t boost box office much. As JBroadway stated, this is likely a passion project for them and they are hoping for some Tony noms/wins regardless of whether there is a corresponding box office boost. I have to remind myself that the people pumping more money into these shows are likely so wealthy that their show-related economic losses are just a drop in the bucket. Still, they didn’t get rich by throwing go

London shows  Dec 25 2019, 01:06:42 PM
Personally, the very first show on my list would be The Life of Pi. I loved War Horse, and I know the puppets for Life of Pi were designed by the same artist, so that alone would get me to buy a ticket. I haven’t read any reviews, or heard much buzz about it, but nonetheless it looks intriguing!

Black Friday Broadway sale??  Nov 29 2019, 07:42:17 PM

In case you've been on the fence about going to see the revival of Oklahoma!, I just got a marketing email from them mentioning that if you use the code OKNEWS1122 you can score tickets for $59.99, which (in my opinion) is a pretty great deal! I figured I'd pass on the word for those who may be interested! According to the email the code is only valid until Dec 5th, but is good on dates until Jan 16!

It's not too often that

Oklahoma! Offering $59.99 tickets for Black Friday  Nov 29 2019, 07:41:22 PM

Whoops, completely missed the other thread on Black Friday deals. Sorry folks!

Oklahoma! Offering $59.99 tickets for Black Friday  Nov 29 2019, 07:39:38 PM

In case you've been on the fence about going to see the revival of Oklahoma!, I just got a marketing email from them mentioning that if you use the code OKNEWS1122 you can score tickets for $59.99, which (in my opinion) is a pretty great deal! I figured I'd pass on the word for those who may be interested! According to the email the code is only valid until Dec 5th, but is good on dates until Jan 16!

It's not often that shows do "Bl

Lion King  Oct 19 2019, 11:56:53 PM

If you want the cheapest possible ticket, I’d recommend checking the box office the morning of. They don’t do “rush tickets” per say... but often they have same-day tickets available for 99$ all in. If you’re a big group you probably won’t have luck, but for 1-2 people it’s a good option. 

That’s what I did and I got a fantastic center orchestra seat. Row L. I went to the box office shortly after 10am for the matin

Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 19 2019, 03:01:58 PM

JBroadway said: "I never saw the show live, but I saw a screening of the filmed version in a movie theater. I thought the show was solid and safe, with a relatively cohesive book, but a forgettable score, andbland,cliché plot (and yes, problematic).

I definitely think there was a degree of "right place, right time" to its Tony wins. It was a notoriously weak year for Best Musical. American Idiot, Fela!, and Million Dollar Quartet were the other nominees. M

Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 19 2019, 02:41:04 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I thinkKimball's performance slowly evolved over time. The tics that were presentin the beginning became more and more exaggerated as time went on. By the time they filmed it he was having obvious difficulty hitting the high notes and his acting performance had audiences questioning the character's mental state. I still wish they had done something to clean up the end of "Memphis Lives in Me" for the blu-ray because it's difficult to watch a

Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 19 2019, 01:26:02 PM

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the opening night of “Memphis: A New Musical” on Broadway, which ended up going on to run for 1,066 performances, and win 3 Tony Awards including Best Musical, Best Book of a Musical, and Best Score of a Musical.

The reason I’m starting this thread is to possibly start a dialogue about how well (or poorly) the show has aged. Would a show like this ever be staged in 2019? Was it ever a truly “great” show, as it’

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/29/19  Sep 30 2019, 10:15:18 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Beetlejuice's numbers in the next several weeks. This will be it's prime season, and the producers will be eyeing these numbers to figure out what to do with the show (rehoming, closing).

It's a shame for Mean Girls, especially considering most of the cast will probably be finishing their contracts soon... I really can't see it lasting long after the other leads bow out. 

I'm also bummed about The

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 30 2019, 09:22:07 PM

I've heard that they're offering it quite regularly on TDF.

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 30 2019, 01:23:18 PM

givesmevoice said: "I know this has been addressed elsewhere, but is it necessary to see the parts in order? I had tickets for back to back nights, but my Part 1 performance (October 14th) was canceled. There is only one option I can make for Part 1 before I see Part 2, but I was curious as to whether I should really push for that. I am deeply familiar with Howards End, and know roughly how this show tracks with that, so maybe I could come in in the middle of the story and not be los

Be More Chill Announces Closing!  Sep 30 2019, 10:18:46 AM

See, this is the kind of stuff the show should be doing. Limited, fringe-sized engagements in international/regional theatres. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the show in the slightest (I really tried...), but clearly it has it's fans. It shouldn't try and pretend like it'll be a long-running smash musical, when it's a perfectly serviceable niche musical. This seems a lot more appropriate. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.