Profile for DoTheDood

DoTheDood Profile Photo
Member Name: DoTheDood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows You've Discovered (or Rediscovered) While in Quarantine  May 20 2020, 02:22:54 AM

Dave Malloy has posted a few proshots of the musicals he worked on and that led me back to adoring Great Comet. I never had a chance to see the show live so now I am dying for an off-Broadway revival in the vain of the Ars Nova or Kazino productions. 

Whats next at the St James?  May 18 2020, 02:58:24 AM

Isn't The Who's Tommy revival suppose to be coming to Broadway 2021? Obviously this was news before Covid hit, but maybe they could be returning to the St James?

Audience Rewards Trivia  Apr 23 2020, 04:12:29 PM

nealb1 said: "Wow, thanks for the info on that. Where on the AR page is it? I don't see it. I'm logged in, and don't see anything about trivia questions. Was it only for a short time? Perhaps it's been removed now?"

Scroll all the way down to "More Ways to Earn" and Trivia is the first thing there. Around where their contact information is. They make it super hard to spot on the front page, but it is there

Beetlejuice Musical's Future in Question After Broadway's Coronavirus Shutdown Extends Through June  Apr 19 2020, 07:01:30 PM

unclevictor said: "For the 200th time....

BEETLEJUICE HAS CLOSED AND WILL NOT NOT NOT BE REOPENING @ A DIFFERENT THEATRE.

Ok! With that said, let’s close this thread!
"

But this thread is about the musical's future, not just speculation on if it's opening on Broadway again. We are allowed to talk about that, that is clearly in the title. I agree this should not be a million different threads saying the same thing, but there is no ha

Beetlejuice Musical's Future in Question After Broadway's Coronavirus Shutdown Extends Through June  Apr 19 2020, 02:02:23 PM

Interesting video about Presley Ryan's last day before the show closed, which seems to stoke the flame of possibly coming back. She says the show had it's  "...the last performance of Beetlejuice for now" and mentioning the cast has weekly Zoom calls (very similar to shows that are planning to open when the virus subsides). To me, this does not automatically mean BJ on Broadway will open up again, but it does not seem impossible. Best case scenario, BJ finds a new

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) ee  Apr 9 2020, 01:42:56 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "They are very VERY much still trying to make a transfer once shows reopen a thing. All their social media accounts have very STRATEGICALLY worded the closing announcement today with things like "Beetlejuice has had it's final performance...... at the Winter Garden." "

That was true a few months ago, but even before the shutdown they dropped using the "final performance at the Winter Garden June 6th" to just "final per

Shut down until June 7  Apr 8 2020, 12:57:20 PM

Little Shop said their last date was May 10th, meaning they should be closing, but the Telecharge site has tickets till September. Hopefully, that means they can outlive the shutdown.

Is This The End of Beetlejuice?  Apr 8 2020, 11:55:18 AM

For Broadway, yup, but there is still the tour and the multiple productions opening over the world. Plus, rights for the show should be coming soon, so maybe regional/school productions will be coming not long after the tour. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dreamcasting for the Producers.  Apr 1 2020, 10:10:20 PM

thedrybandit said: "Kroll as Max Bialystock
Mulaney as Leo Bloom
"

A bit of what Hot Pants said made me think of Gil and George from Oh Hello playing these roles. That's probably convoluted if ever done, but hilarious in theory.

Best Broadway Musical Season  Mar 30 2020, 05:42:13 PM

Looking at Best Musicals from 2016-17 season, I would not be mad about any of those won the Tony. 

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Mar 26 2020, 11:47:27 AM

The Kimmel Center just moved their tour of Jesus Christ Superstar to Jul 21 through Jul 26, 2020

https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/201920/broadway-philadelphia/jesus-christ-superstar/

1776 at A.R.T.  Mar 23 2020, 11:33:29 PM

dramamama611 said: "The press release says it will play at next year's season - and, tbh, I can't imagine Paulus premiering it anywhere BUT the ART. I'll let you know about timing when they contact me."

I really hope it doesn't come to that, as that would effect the whole pre-Broadway tour, but that's probably likely. 

1776 at A.R.T.  Mar 23 2020, 07:54:03 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/ART-To-Postpone-Broadway-Bound-1776-and-Remainder-of-201920-Season-20200323

Curious how this will effect the tour and then the Broadway run. I guess it will premiere officially at the Ahmanson Theatre in LA?

New Betty Boop Musical Song  Mar 21 2020, 02:23:59 PM

superiska123 said: "Perhaps Katharine is just helping her husband with creating songs for the musical, as far as I'm aware no one said she'd be taking the show to Broadway."

In the video she mentioned she stepped into help move things forward and had sung on some demos. That might not mean much, I just understood that as she is in consideration for the lead, possibly. 

New Betty Boop Musical Song  Mar 20 2020, 03:21:56 PM

I like the song and I feel Katharine McPhee is a fantastic actor, I am wondering if she is right for the role. I would imagine Betty Boop on stage would be more like how she is in the cartoons, squeaky and small. McPhee might be working towards how Betty Boop is often portrayed or Foster/McPhee might want to take the character in a new direction, I have no idea. No matter what, I am still excited for McPhee possibly coming back to Broadway. 

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 15 2020, 12:51:29 PM
I did a two show day early February for my birthday so I saw Wicked and To Kill A Mockingbird.

Off-broadway still open?  Mar 13 2020, 01:32:17 PM

Broadway World just posted an article about the shows closing, opening back up soon, and the one's staying open.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/NYC-Theatre-Which-Off-Broadway-Shows-Are-Running-20200313

I noticed Little Shop is not anywhere on the list, even as they announced opening up again April 14th, so I am curious if they missed any other shows

Off-broadway still open?  Mar 12 2020, 04:40:12 PM

They updated the CSC website

"In light of the New York State's new restrictions on live events, CSC has temporarily suspended sales for our upcoming production of Assassins. We will have more details for current ticket holders in the coming days as we assess our plans and may need to adjust the performance schedule.

Please check back for more information which we will provide as soon as possible"

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Mar 10 2020, 12:20:57 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "There’s a song with the three kids in act one where they’re very angry and wondering if they’re to blame..."

Do you mean "What The Hell"? There's a clip of that song from BroadwayCon and I keep going back to it for some reason. Analise Scarpaci really kills it as Lydia.