Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Highland Guy

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Member Name: Highland Guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Aug 4 2020, 04:11:03 PM

Fleming, O'Hara and DiDonato.  Are you kidding me?  Something wonderful to add to my Bucket List.

Greatest Song of All Time From a Musical  Jul 30 2020, 10:20:33 AM

"What Would You Do?" from Cabaret.

Finding love in later life, only to be unfulfilled because of time and circumstance.

IATSE Releases COVID Safety Guidelines For Broadway Return  Jul 22 2020, 06:59:13 PM

Today, my State of California passed New York in the total number of Coronavirus cases.

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 20 2020, 05:24:48 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "After how much I adored her in My Fair Lady, I will always be heartbroken that I didn’t get to see Lauren Ambrose. I just know she would’ve been sensational."

Close to a decade ago, I became aware that Funny Girl was going to be presented at the Ahmanson Theatre, and was mad with anticipation.  Started making plans to drive up to Los Angeles for a nice weekend of musical theatre.&nbs

Do You Have a Famous Look-Alike?  Jul 15 2020, 08:51:07 PM

I have been told (and I think it's true) that I look like Cole Porter.  I'm happy with that!

Do you think you look like someone "famous"?

Jul 15 2020, 02:01:41 PM

Chad Kimball  Jul 14 2020, 02:57:45 PM

LizzieCurry said: "I'm mostly surprised that someone posting on this here Broadway Whirled dot Com website has never heard of Chad Kimball, whose body of work is hard to ignore at least. I'm also surprised one would admit it."

And I'm mostly surprised that bullies and trolls are permitted to post on this here Broadway Whirled dot Com website.

Chad Kimball  Jul 14 2020, 01:54:55 PM

KJisgroovy said: "A sampling of liked tweets:

""You can hate me if you want, but I refuse to wear a mask."
"

Until this thread came along, I had never heard of this person.  So, I devoted a number of my limited minutes remaining on Planet Earth to learn more about him.  Except that I realized that he is nothing more than yet another Born-Again Trumper, those minutes were wasted.  His statement above (and I have no

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 13 2020, 06:29:09 PM

Never mind.  No more.  I wish the best for her son.

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 12 2020, 07:31:34 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "And... Lea Michele is still at it:"

Stil at what?  You think this is appropriate in a thread discussing the possible death of Naya Rivera?  Seriously ??

Finding Wonderland - 53 singers from 12 countries  Jul 10 2020, 02:53:58 PM

Just what I needed today.  Thank you.

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 9 2020, 03:46:49 PM

Thanks to BWW for posting this video.  A bit of fun.

What Are The Greatest Casts You’ve Ever Seen?  Jul 9 2020, 03:21:37 PM

Cabaret       London, 1968

Judi Dench (Sally Bowles)

Barry Dennen (Emcee)

Lila Kedrova (Fraulein Schneider)

Peter Sallis (Herr Schultz)

Kevin Colson (Cliff)

And every single other person who was part of that wonderful production..

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 09:40:04 PM

HenryTDobson said: "^He's apologized for this. We have moved on. You should too."

yes  Thank you.  Spot on.

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 09:02:30 PM

Robbie2 said: "His boyfriend is Noah Galvinhttps://people.com/movies/ben-platt-and-noah-galvin-are-dating-its-still-relatively-new/"

Good for them!  Nice

The Life of Lena Horne  Jul 8 2020, 08:30:25 PM

Now this is exciting news!  A Showtime series based on the life of Lena Horne.

As detailed here, it will highlight her life beginning as a dancer at the Cotton Club at age 16.  Then World War II and stardom at MGM, McCarthyism and the Civil Rights Movement.  And finally, her triumphant return to Broadway.

The obvious question:  Which legends (or legends in the making) will be cast to portray Lena Horne, the ultimate legend?

&nbs

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 06:43:24 PM

Yeah, Ben Platt needs to return to Broadway.  Woo !!

Best Cast of a movie musical ever, what's your favorite?  Jul 8 2020, 04:18:12 PM

DigificWriter said: "Jarethan said: "
I assume you are being sarcastic.

"

You assume incorrectly.

You're free to disagree, but I genuinely consider the casts of Les Mis, Sweeney Todd, and The Greatest Showman to be excellent.

And, yes, that assessment includes Russell Crowe's casting as Javert, as I find nothing wrong with his interpretation of the role.
"

How is everyone doing?  Jul 8 2020, 03:23:45 PM

There are now 3 million coronavirus cases in the United States.

3 MILLION

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 02:54:27 PM

Jarethan said: "It just seems like so much negative energy is spent on this board, dissing people...is it envy? is it just the ravings of people with too much time on their minds? I am not talking about passing comments; everyone makes passing comments about someone they do not like in a role or generally, e.g., I think so-and-so was way overrated in such-and-such. Some people need to get a life."

I don't understand the vitriol directed against Mr.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.