Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for acardbway

Member Name: acardbway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?  Jan 11 2020, 09:28:00 AM
I so enjoyed reading your recaps! Glad you got a full cast for Hadestown, Eva was a highlight for me so I’m glad you got to see her! Save travels!

Moulin Rouge Question  Jul 12 2019, 07:43:08 AM
Same.

My husband is a good enough sport for tagging along...just didn’t want to put him in a 2.5 hr torture chamber at the Hirschfeld.

Moulin Rouge Question  Jul 12 2019, 07:29:02 AM
Thanks for clarifying! That I can get behind!

With the price tag I just wanted to be sure.

Moulin Rouge Question  Jul 12 2019, 07:05:33 AM
This may be a dumb question but is Moulin Rouge a singalong? Ive read too many board posts and now Im unclear.

Of course if the cast encourages it at curtain call thats one thing...but is the full show like this? I know my husband would hate it if the full show is a singalong...

Any clarity would be appreciated before buying tickets for our trip in November...thank you!

Beetlejuice Rush Price range  Jun 20 2019, 06:42:27 PM
Saw the show June 1, paid $43 per ticket. Seat was Mezz row D dead center. Great view!

Gideon Glick TKAMB  May 8 2019, 11:41:17 AM

He stole the show for me!  I couldn't stop thinking about his performance after I saw this.  I am thrilled he was recognized with a Tony nom.

The cast as a whole was incredible, but he gave such a moving performance.  I can't say enough good things.

Oklahoma Seating - Help  Apr 19 2019, 04:13:25 PM

I sat in K 107 (last row) and had no problem with the view (note, I am 5'7 and could see if one was shorter it could be harder to see in moments).  Without spoiling, you will get a really great view of the set design and staging as a whole.

I was completely drawn into the show and still felt it was intimate even from the last row of the theater.  Enjoy :)

Short show rec for Wed 4/17 PM  Apr 15 2019, 12:50:29 PM
Waitress looks to have a 7p start time on Wednesday the 17th! That should work perfect for you :)

This is the show schedule for the week which also may help highlight other 7p start times...

http://www.playbill.com/article/weekly-schedule-of-current-broadway-shows-com-142774

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Apr 8 2019, 01:09:08 PM

Yes!  I saw the show on 4/3 and chatted with Damon at the stage door and he said they were recording this week so it certainly seems like it is happening!

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Apr 3 2019, 08:05:04 PM
I saw the matinee today and thought it was stunning. Put me in the camp that found this to be so fresh and innovative. I liked that it strayed from the original, though I understand if you’re a fan of the classic this version can certainly be a lot to digest. It is VERY different. But I loved it for that.

I found myself crying at “Poor Jud” and I have no idea what came over me...but it was such a rush of emotions and I am not a crier. I’m still processing this one...

The d

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 10 2019, 07:27:07 PM
Thank you all for your help! I secured tickets to Kinky Boots, Kiss Me Kate, and Oklahoma! I’m so excited because I’ve never seen a production at Circle in the Square :)

I’ll hit Tootsie at Thanksgiving!

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 7 2019, 07:48:22 PM
Thank you so much for the codes Miles2Go2! Not sure how I missed them on playbill.com but thanks again for your kindness in pointing that out :)

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 7 2019, 04:57:09 PM

Thank you so much for the code!  I genuinely couldn't find any for the shows I was looking at in the timeframe I am up there.  My wallet appreciates it :)

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 7 2019, 03:38:42 PM

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply! 

Another What Should I See Thread...  Mar 7 2019, 02:59:06 PM

Hi Friends,

I will be in the city in April for a few days and am finalizing my choices for shows.  I know I want to see Kiss me Kate (Kellli!) and Kinky Boots before it closes (have yet to see it!)

I have one slot left to fill and am debating between Tootsie, Oklahoma, and Kong (I know...but thinking it may not have a ton of life left...should I try?) 

Would love your votes because I am being so indecisive!  About me: I'm 31 and I r

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Nov 30 2018, 03:58:51 PM

Long time reader, first time poster here.  I saw the show yesterday evening in Orlando, and Ms. Buckley was out.  Initially disappointed, but the show must go on!  Jessica Sheridan was a riot (that dinner scene!)  For someone who does not get to see every production in NYC, this made for an excellent tour.  (And has made me even more envious of those who saw Bette/Bernadette!)

I'm no expert, but it does concern me about Betty.  It seems she missed a fa

You must log in to view off-topic posts.