Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for DiscoCrows

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
Member Name: DiscoCrows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which theater is BEETLEJUICE moving into?  Sep 27 2020, 05:47:43 PM

Yeah on a serious note I do not think they've loaded out yet. Frozen did it's loadout a few months ago and there were definitely quite a few pictures of it happening on social media, I'm sure we would've seen something by now.

Is there any new talk about the future of BEETLEJUICE?  Sep 21 2020, 01:52:29 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "How much of an appetite do we think Warner Brothers will have for Broadway after this? Of the 7 shows they've done, 6 have flopped."

It's not like these are all one-off's through, they have an entire theatre division so I don't particularly see them just dropping that entire division off the face of the earth and never touching Broadway again, especially if independent theatre investors are able to contribute a l

Kat McPhee Next Broadway Show?  Sep 20 2020, 07:04:26 PM

Highland Guy said: "Call_me_jorge said: "It was just revealed on Twitter that KatharineMcPhee has donated to republicans as recently as July 24th, 2020.https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=katharine+mcphee"

So what? Not everyone is a Bernie Bro.

"

Agree. Say wh

Filming at What the Constitution Means to Me  Sep 17 2020, 02:05:54 PM

BroadwayNews has just reported that the filmed production of WHAT THE CONSTITUTION MEANS TO ME, filmed live on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theater during it's final week of performances, will debut on Amazon Prime on October 16th of this year. SO PUMPED
https://broadwaynews.com/2020/09/17/what-the-constitution-mean-to-me-film-sets-premiere-date-on-amazon/

Netflix’s THE PROM movie musical to be released Dec. 11  Sep 13 2020, 08:35:05 PM

Literally cannot wait for a trailer, hope it comes soon... The key art and new orchestrations are both gorgeous. So so so so SO excited for this!

HELP - Showtunes about Weddings/Marriage  Sep 7 2020, 05:36:33 PM
Helpless!

Musicals Set In New York City  Sep 4 2020, 08:26:13 PM

Haven't seen Tootsie added to the list!

Also... the very beginning of The Prom?

Space, Sci-Fi and Broadway  Sep 2 2020, 02:15:02 PM

I haven't seen it so I can't comment on how applicable it is to the "space" theme but based on it's reception up to this point in time, it definitely seems like Back to the Future (which is going to the West End soon, I think?) is charting a new path for this sort of thing, especially in the sci-fi department. Based on the limited amount of press that's out for the show right now, the tech looks awesome.

Diana going to Netflix  Aug 11 2020, 07:38:45 PM

Not a Shubert house, but David Korins posted some photos on Instagram yesterday of him and some crew walking around the Doubtfire set at the Sondheim Theatre. I know it's not that black and white and varies depending on each situation but I suppose there has to have been some sort of occupancy at these theatres off and on again.

Diana going to Netflix  Aug 8 2020, 10:44:30 PM

Every ounce of common sense tells me this is completely impractical and impossible... but the idea of a show with such little buzz and advances going to record and release a proshot just to capitalize on the demand people currently have for more professionally recorded shows during quarantine is just... immaculate. If this comes out on Netflix I can only imagine it'd drum up some serious press right now. I know lots of people were comparing it to Anastasia or&

SpotCo Sues Scott Rudin  Aug 8 2020, 09:34:27 PM

JBroadway said: "I agree with @iluvtheatretrash.

From an audience perspective, Rudin is invaluable to Broadway. He is one of the few commercial producers who regularlytakes risks on projects withartistic promise, despite not being surefire hits. He never fails to assemble impressive teams of artists to elevate his shows. And in fact, his refined taste, and his keen ability to match artists with material,makes him one of the few producers who I'd consider something of a

Is the APOLLO finally going to be # 42?  Aug 7 2020, 07:42:39 PM

Kamilah Forbes, the Apollo's executive director, recently talked on a podcast called CI to Eye (link to her episide, skip to 13:24 for this particular discussion...) about the Apollo's programming and the pressure they've gotten to join the other 41. She talks a bit about the natural "comparative" that exists between Broadway and the Apol

SpotCo Sues Scott Rudin  Aug 7 2020, 07:07:07 PM

Just saw this. Considering how long he's been doing business with them I'm surprised to see it get to this point.

$6.3M is a crazy number!

Most Likable Shows  Jul 18 2020, 08:03:47 PM

The Prom!

Disney's ALADDIN filmed for release  Jul 18 2020, 01:49:09 PM

theatreguy12 said: "GrantGrant said: "I saw the Broadway production in spring 2017 and I thought it was okay.It had its moments but overall felt too long. Courtney Reed must have been having an off night when I saw it because her singing was not good."

We must have been therethe same night. Just not good. My friend even commented on it coming out of the New Amsterdam. Told her I was thinking the same thing. Acting wasn't particularly good, and voice

Greatest Theatrical Comedy Performances You Have Seen  Jul 17 2020, 12:13:11 AM

Pretty recent, but I really though Sarah Stiles in Tootsie was just stellar. I really enjoyed most of the cast in that show anyways but Sarah was absolutely incredible in that role.

Eddie Perfect’s score to Beetlejuice issues  Jul 16 2020, 09:28:21 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "By the way, we almost got a Joe Iconis Beetlejuice. According to him, he was also in the running to write the score. He did one of his spec songs at a concert.

https://youtu.be/WPvuC_hPWlA
"

I know I'm in the minority on this board that mostly enjoys the score we got. I absolutely hated King Kong's writing so I thought it was interesting, they're both quite different. That being said, some of the musical structure is weird- I&

Jay Binder leaving casting  Jul 15 2020, 06:29:04 PM

HogansHero said: "I won't copy and paste copyrighted material, but all it says is that he has decided this is the right time to retire and that the office will continue to operate without his active involvement. It also mentions that he says he has cast 100,000 actors. (I'm surprised the number is not higher.)"

I'm not familiar with Jay or the office in question, but that is a huge triumph and I congratulate him on a well-earned retirement. Thanks for the

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 12 2020, 07:15:09 PM

[deleted]

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Jul 12 2020, 12:24:22 AM

Elegance101 said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

https://twitter.com/stagedoorguru/status/1282131636117700609?s=21
"

While I do believe Mean Girls is likely to go, I'm not sure this is any indication of it. I'd sooner believe they got rid of the cast photos to stop promoting Sabrina Carpenter since she won't be in it even if it does reopen. Why would they paint the doors bright pink if they're co

You must log in to view off-topic posts.