Profile for StardustsChild

StardustsChild Profile Photo
Member Name: StardustsChild
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Proshot Commentary?  Apr 12 2020, 02:51:50 AM

Hi everyone. Hope you are all safe and staying sane.

I am currently watching the OBC Passion Pro Shot with the Cast and Creative commentary - it is absolutely lovely to hear everyone's thoughts. Are there any other similar "commentary track" setups that I could purchase? 

Understudies/Standbys in City Center Encores productions?  Mar 30 2020, 10:13:46 PM

Hi everyone.

Do the City Center Encores productions observe rules of role coverage (IE a certain number of covers for leads in the form of understudies and standbys), and by extension, swings? They are such short runs, and I have never heard of someone not performing for one of the dates, but I also can't imagine them flying without the safety net of coverage.

Stay safe and stay sane!

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020  Feb 20 2020, 08:15:38 PM

Isherwood is up, mixed

https://broadwaynews.com/2020/02/20/review-ivo-van-hoves-west-side-story-feels-more-cinematic-than-theatrical/

JLP Audience Fight  Feb 15 2020, 07:20:50 PM

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "How does pepper spray “accidentally” go off?"

It depends on the canister, but the only fool proof way to "accidentally" trigger a can would be for the canister itself to be punctured - either on purpose with a metal implement, or by it being stepped or pressed on and cracked open. My money is on it having been in someone's bag, and it being crushed. If it is was from a key fob it's a different set of variab

The  Jan 23 2020, 03:42:04 PM

Marge MacDougall in Promises Promises - she is only in the song A Fact Can Be A Beautiful Thing, and the originating actress and the revival actress both went on to win the Tony Award for Supporting Actress in a Musical (Marian Mercer and Katie Finneran) 

Show with the longest preview period on Broadway?  Jan 12 2020, 09:00:25 PM

Apologies if there is a previous thread on this, but I wasn't able to find one through the native search function or through google.

What show has had the longest preview period on Broadway? I would expect Spiderman, clocking in at 182 previews, but I can't seem to find any official confirmation of it as the longest preview period. 

Collaborators who didn't get along  Jan 11 2020, 10:49:59 PM

Phantom of London said: "Did I read once that the legendary Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein didn’t get on. In fact they couldn’t write in the same room together?"

They could definitely write together if the need arose - Hammerstein just spent the majority of his time on his families rural estate, so for convenience he would write lyrics out there and then bring them to Rodgers. Their writing habits were not a product of emotional discord, but of two

Female performers who aren't dancers?  Jan 11 2020, 05:10:49 PM

Who comes to mind? A friend and I got into a debate today about the triple threat requirements of many modern musicals, and how those requirements tend to be different along gender lines for principal performers - what actresses can you think of from the last 30 years would you say are firmly not dancers, but also firmly musical performers as opposed to known screen or straight play performers who happened to do one musical. 

Max Von Essen - what's next?  Jan 5 2020, 12:49:44 PM

A Director said: "Captain Von Trapp is a thankless role."

I am aware, but I truly think he could do beautiful things with it - he has a wonderful command of that type of man/that type of father, and his Edelweiss would be just gorgeous on an aesthetic level. 

Max Von Essen - what's next?  Jan 5 2020, 02:53:57 AM

He is performing with Laura Michelle Kelly at Carnegie Hall with the New York Pops on January 24th - a night of Rodgers and Hammerstein music. How has he never performed any of RH's leading men?! I would love to see him play Captain Von Trapp one day. 

Ian McKellen: On Stage (One Night Only)  Nov 7 2019, 10:27:53 AM

I was lucky enough to attend with my mother, who knew very little about McKellen outside of recognizing him from the Graham Norton show. It was an absolutely wonderful night - he opened with the Balrog scene from LOTR, and immediately grabbed the passion in the room and didn't let go for the entire night. The panto section in particular was hysterical, and I watched a 75+ year old woman scramble to catch a banana he threw up into the dress circle. 

My favorite moment of th

Chasing Rainbows - Papermill  Oct 7 2019, 05:47:27 PM

Chasing Rainbows is officially open!

Review Roundup

BroadwayWorld's Review

Chasing Rainbows - Papermill  Oct 3 2019, 09:42:20 AM

@TNick I definitely agree on Karen Mason - she was really the heart  of the studio scenes with Colin Hanlon as Roger supporting it. As the show goes through its final preview revisions I hope they don't adjust her material much, as it landed perfectly when I saw it.

Chasing Rainbows - Papermill  Sep 30 2019, 09:26:26 PM

I was at the matinee on Sunday, and I had a fantastic time, and plan on returning before the end of the run. @LeftofLinus I couldn't have had a more different experience from your friend. The set and technical elements were a well oiled machine, and the piece itself was a well crafted night of theatre, both referential for die hard Judy fans (some of the deep cuts are just lovely) and accessible for those less familiar with her early years.

The choreography is extremely strong, and

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE  Sep 22 2019, 07:06:37 PM

I had a pretty good year this year! I managed to keep my haul under $100, and enjoyed the hunt - still on the lookout for my elusive In The Next Room window card, but I figure the universe has to be in my favor one of these years.

Agreed to those talking about the crowds at Curtain Call - crowds almost never bother me (I live in Midtown) but I had to leave the booth and take breaks several times because the crush was just too much. They really need to give the Curtain Call area more sp

Vanessa Carlton-Beautiful Reviews?  Aug 22 2019, 12:24:00 PM

Has anyone seen her?

Theater Gunshots  Aug 7 2019, 12:56:28 PM

RumTumJM said: "Forgive my persistence, but...

Now that Bat Out Of Hell as started, can anyone confirm the situation in that?

The same 3 gunshot “moments” from past productions? Are they still believed to be recorded sound effects & not actual blanks fired?

Thanks
"

Same 3 moments, and as far as I could tell, recorded sound effects. No smoke. 

Roles on Broadway that are not normally wigged?  Aug 2 2019, 01:00:42 PM

Got into a discussion with a friend after seeing Waitress last night about the use of wigs in regards to female characters vs male characters - what female tracks are normally not wigged? And on a related note, male roles that are normally wigged? (Excluding gender bending shows such as Kinky Boots, Tootsie, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, etc). 

Favorite Broadway Flea Market Finds?  Aug 1 2019, 09:58:47 AM

msmp said: "One of the actual stars from theCarouselset. We rewired it andused it as a Christmas tree star last year. And at Tyne Daly's booth I got her lorgnette necklace from a tv pilot she did ages ago she said.

Oh, and a full revival signed playbill from1776!
"

That is such a great use of the Carousel Star! I was intrigued by those at the flea but had no idea how I would go about utilizing it.

Favorite Broadway Flea Market Finds?  Jul 28 2019, 11:00:44 PM

Hi everyone,

I am starting to get excited about the BCEFA Flea Market coming up, and have been trawling the board for old posts regarding everyone's off the wall finds.

Anyone have any interesting scores from past years? I'm especially interested in things outside of window cards and playbills, as it is always interesting to me what pops up outside of the norm.

My favorite finds last year were a 4 foot tall plexiglass An American in Paris placard that use

You must log in to view off-topic posts.