Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ImAProphet

Member Name: ImAProphet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Christine Daae  Jun 28 2020, 08:55:00 PM

Rebecca Caine's voice is my favorite. My favorite performance that I've actually seen was Kelly Mathieson, the current (well...) West End Christine.

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 12:48:54 PM
Wasn't Zooey Deschanel going to be in Coal Miner's Daughter at one point?

Phantom & Christine Doubles  Apr 22 2020, 03:04:38 PM

In January I saw the show from second row house right and recognized two of the Christines (the one going down into the trap door and the one making the first left-to-right crossing immediately after) from the ballet chorus. On a previous viewing I noticed that the second crossing is made by the actual Christine, so I assume it's the real Phantom as well. As for the third crossing I don't think I got a good look at her.

EDIT: I just remembered an ensemble member (I think he was

Share the shows you were planning on seeing....this weekend  Apr 17 2020, 06:30:13 PM

This Sunday I was supposed to go to DC to see Camille Claudel.

Understudies/Standbys in City Center Encores productions?  Mar 31 2020, 09:35:50 AM
I just looked at my Mack & Mabel Playbill from last month (god it feels like a year) and it doesn't mention understudies anywhere.

Mockingbird is on TKTS tonight  Feb 11 2020, 04:28:58 PM

It was up last week, I think Wednesday. Apparently Ed Harris was out.

Missing Ticket Stub - My Name is Lucy Barton  Jan 21 2020, 10:10:39 PM

If this doesn't pan out I can send you mine after I go February 6. Obviously the wrong date but hopefully better than nothing - just DM me.

How Long Will POTO Run?  Jan 20 2020, 11:04:53 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "I hardly ever see it on TKTS when I am in town"

Really? I feel like it's there every time I look.

TOOTSIE closing  Jan 6 2020, 06:55:33 AM

I saw the show for the first (only ?) time yesterday and had a great time. Actually one of the funnier shows I've seen and I'm so glad I decided to go.

I was watching to see if anything felt like it was changed for closing. The only thing that stuck out to me was Sandy trying to tear the blanket, struggling for a while, but then eventually managing to rip it a little and saying "I did it!" I feel like she may not have torn it in previous performances - am I right? And

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?  Dec 28 2019, 05:09:20 PM

Booked:

Tootsie (never made time for it during most of the run but decided to catch the last show)

Flying Over Sunset (normally I would wait for at least some word of mouth but I can't say no to a Broadway LincTix)

Not booked yet but fully intend to see:

Company

The Lehman Trilogy

Hangmen

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Dec 22 2019, 11:28:01 PM

DoTheDood said: "Interesting. They must have cut something to fit it into a one-act. Anyone who has seen it know what they cut/have a song list?"

No cuts, but it did go pretty quickly from song to song.

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Dec 22 2019, 06:28:11 PM
I saw it today and overall had a great time.

The choreography had a very modern/interpretive dance feel to it which I don't personally care for, but that's a taste thing on my part and it was technically well done. Musically it was amazing, with very strong singers and instrumentation that seems very heavily inspired by the concept album, which is a plus for me.

The Official TDF Thread  Dec 20 2019, 08:29:21 AM

Saps48 said: "How are the seats for Phantom of the Opera? They are available for dates in February..."

I've done it twice - orchestra both times, row A (third row) the first time and row F the second time. If the dates work for you, TDF is for sure your best bet for that show imo.

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Oct 22 2019, 08:10:19 PM
Regarding the Hilton discussion, I stayed at the Times Square Doubletree last month and paid a $40 (I think? It was high) resort fee for my one night stay. So maybe they're just now rolling it out, or it's only at certain properties.

Spitters  Oct 20 2019, 11:14:32 AM
I don't know if it was just a proximity thing (I was at the very front end of the table) but I got pretty thoroughly sprayed by Hugh Panaro during Sweeney Todd.

What do to do in between shows that isn’t eat?  Oct 8 2019, 11:46:16 AM

I like heading over to 5th Avenue and wandering through the library or St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Hudson Yards is worth a visit just to see that giant shawarma thing in person. But the shopping center is nice and worth a browse too.

Karen Olivo Out Of Moulin Rouge Sat Night - No Audience Notice  Oct 7 2019, 08:29:33 AM

FANtomFollies said: "I thought that was the rule as well. I saw Phantom a few weeks ago and there was an understudy on for Raoul with no slip or announcement either."

Are you sure it wasn't in the Playbill? I ask because Phantom updates their cast list every week, so there would be no slip for a planned absence.

Phantom of the Opera - And why I finally get it  Sep 23 2019, 03:57:15 PM

AngusN said: "I think if you genuinely want to “finally get it”, you need to see the production at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London. I’ve seen many tours, as well as the Broadway production and morning compares to the original production. On Broadway it felt like a concert version with terrible accents."

I'm seeing it in London in November after 5x on Broadway and I'm really anxious to see how they compare. I found some clips of their n

Phantom of the Opera - And why I finally get it  Sep 23 2019, 09:47:17 AM

Lot666 said: "Can anyone comment on Bradley Dean's performance as Andre?"

As a big fan of Laird Mackintosh (he was the first Phantom I saw and a wonderful Andre, plus I adored his behind-the-scenes Instagram posts) I definitely missed him, but honestly Bradley Dean was perfect. Strong acting and singing, and I was surprised how much he nailed the comedy given it was only his second performance (the 9/12 matinee), especially when he was trying to get past the ball

Phantom fans please help, what are THE BEST SEATS?  Aug 24 2019, 11:47:14 PM

FANtomFollies said: "I splurged and got tickets since I'm having company in town in a few weeks. Got Orchestra, row A seats 1,3, and 5. Will these be too close? Too far to the side? I've seen the show before, but have always been pretty far away."

I sat in that row last time I went, I want to say seat 9? Amazing view. Not too close at all.

If I had one nitpick it was that I couldn't see the Phantom when he first shows up in the mirror, because Chri

You must log in to view off-topic posts.