Profile for hollebolle

Member Name: hollebolle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  Jan 2 2020, 03:58:29 PM

The Sound Inside on Saturday 12/28, Orch (left) N3. Great seat for the price, and practically the whole row was empty.

Little Shop of Horrors Rush  Oct 15 2019, 10:47:44 PM

OceansJenny said: "Anyone know if the matinee rushes are a bit better? Considering trying my shot tomorrow, but feel like I’ll just end up in the cancellation line paying full price."

On Saturday I talked to one of the people who oversees the lottery process, and she recommended a Wednesday matinee as your best shot. Don’t know what turnout is like exactly, but she seemed optimistic about it.

Little Shop of Horrors Rush  Oct 15 2019, 10:47:42 PM

OceansJenny said: "Anyone know if the matinee rushes are a bit better? Considering trying my shot tomorrow, but feel like I’ll just end up in the cancellation line paying full price."

On Saturday I talked to one of the people who oversees the lottery process, and she recommended a Wednesday matinee as your best shot. Don’t know what turnout is like exactly, but she seemed optimistic about it.

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE  Sep 23 2019, 10:56:49 AM

My haul--

• Canvas To Kill a Mockingbird tote ($5). I think this was originally distributed for an event at Sardi's, per an ebay listing.
  • The Prom Tony voter book/brochure ($3). This includes a signed "We Look to You" sheet music. 
  • The Prom coasters ($5)
  • The Ferryman Tony voter book ($3)
  • The Ferryman T-shirt ($5)
  • Angels in America USB audiobook ($25). This was an advanced copy of the audiobook from the publisher. Saw it for m

Betrayal Seating Discussion  Sep 23 2019, 10:34:48 AM

I purchased mezzanine seats in G/H 25 & 27 for ~$100 each before the $25 PV seats went on sale. To my surprise, we were bumped up to C 1-7, so I was quite happy! There were a good number of empty seats in both the front and rear mezzanine.

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE  Sep 22 2019, 04:21:44 PM

ND_2000 said: "Other than that, I didn't see a lot I was interested in. I had hoped for maybe something from The Prom, but they said that was all gone within the first 30 minutes. Oh well! Hope everyone had a great time!"

Honestly, there wasn’t even that much from the Prom to start out. I managed to snag what I think was a Tony voter book, but the only other thing I saw were beanies. And I got there at around 9:30.

Betrayal Previews  Aug 15 2019, 05:03:30 PM
I don’t have a problem with the seating discussion here, especially since there has been literally one preview performance.

But also, anyone who feels strongly that there should be a separate thread can just create one, rather than asking no one in particular in this thread to do so.

Betrayal Previews  Aug 14 2019, 10:51:53 PM
I’m still curious about the mezzanine PV seats. Orch makes sense to me, as I remember getting a cheap ticket in row L, all the way to the right, for the Ferryman, and even that was obstructed a bit (although to be fair that set was a bit more complex).

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Aug 11 2019, 11:43:57 AM

I rarely see shoes twice, but I got last minute ticket for yesterday’s performance and the energy was insane—Beth Leavel got a standing ovation after The Lady’s Improving—so I can only imagine what today’s performance will be like. I so wish I could be there.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jul 30 2019, 08:33:05 AM

dramamama611 said: "Since they gain nothing from it financially, what other reason could there be?"

Well, now there’s less transparency, so they could in theory not actually sell any tickets through the lottery and no one would know. Which could benefit them financially since the tickets that would have been used for lottery could be sold at a higher price.

Versus not offering rush tickets on any given day, in which case you’d have a

Favorite Broadway Flea Market Finds?  Jul 29 2019, 12:21:21 PM

Javi said: "This is the first year that I will attend. Is it best to get there early when it starts at 10am? Also, are prices for the items expensive orr pretty reasonable?"

I got there 10/15 minutes early last year, and people were already shopping. So if you want first pick, I'd get there early.

For the most part prices are reasonable, but it really depends on the table and what you're looking for. Leftover merch from a closed show is a totally diffe

Hiddleston, Cox led BETRAYAL Transferring to Broadway  Jul 25 2019, 05:45:45 PM
I already bought the the $90 seats they have available in rows G and H of the mezzanine (I.e. the small rows of three at the ends). Anyone know why those are full view, but the ends of closer rows are partial? (Did that sentence make sense?)

Moulin Rouge seating  Jul 19 2019, 03:44:07 PM

kusally said: "So I’m seeing a lot of posts that front mezznia great and back mezz is partial...do you know how far back is still ok? Row H? No pics on that website yet"

I thought I responded to this thread, but I don’t see it. 

My group had mezz row H, seats 2-8. I was a little nervous beforehand but it turned out to be an amazing view. The only issue was the platform that sticks out in the audience (I forget the technical term) was cut off a

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 21 2019, 11:42:16 PM
It’s only relevant for 2 more days, but my Hillary and Clinton seats tonight were Orch row S (last row) center.

The Official TDF Thread  May 7 2019, 09:47:38 AM

It's down for me, too. 

Shoshana Bean In Waitress  Apr 23 2019, 10:50:55 AM

magictodo123 said: "TamzBway said: "Was anyone else at the 4/17 evening performance? I thought Shoshana was incredible. Her voice was top notch as always, and her acting was mostly superb. She kept breaking character in the second act with all the bad idea reprises and laughing so hard, even laughing through singing. She couldn't get it together. It was a little odd and really did take away from the brilliant work she had been doing."

I don't thi

The prom rush  Apr 20 2019, 12:19:21 PM
Last weekend my friend got there at 8:15 and was eighth in line. I feel like 9 on a Tuesday would probably be fine.

Ferryman Question  Apr 19 2019, 09:51:17 PM
I normally don’t see shows more than once, but I just HAD to see Brian D’Arcy James, and I loved the show just as much, if not more, the second time.

Waitress rush/stage door  Apr 15 2019, 11:28:08 AM

Rush is being discussed here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1090734&page=11

I'd honestly recommend getting there at 8. I rushed this past Saturday, and there were already 20 people in line by 8:15 (although to be fair there are two shows on Saturday, and Saturdays are generally busier for rush). You're also less likely to get partial view if you get

Short show rec for Wed 4/17 PM  Apr 14 2019, 11:41:05 AM
While I really want to recommend Waitress (the new cast is incredible!), I just saw it last night and it ended up running 2h45m, so that may cut it too close for you. I don’t know if that’s typical—just my experience.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.